Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I can tell you put a lot of time into this and you have some really cool ideas...it's just so busy for something that needs to be so simple...of course that's why I wrote TipCalc in the first place; I wanted something clean and simple.

Thanks for the app with some fresh ideas though
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    how are you releasing your other apps? very interested in guitar app, looks amazing. looks like youve got tons of time into that!!! very comprehensive
    Thanks. I just released Super Hangman game - Guitarist's Reference will be next

1. but can you please add a preference to turn off sounds?
    2. When you do an "adjustment" for a given person, it would be great to know what the pre-adjusted amount is on that same screen. That way you can just say "let me add $4" or something like that...
    3. The screen sometimes needs to have vertical scrolling... it would be great to have everyone visible without the need for scrolling.
    Thank you, your suggestions have been added to my to do list.

Ability to enter either tax percentage or the tax dollar amount.
    I will think about this feature. Thanks

If you use a menu like all the other Pre apps you can open the app right in the Calc mode, have a button for Bill Records, and put "How to tip" and "View More Apps" into the menu (along with "Preferences" to turn off the sound and "About" to show name, author, version, etc.).
    My app using full screen so I can't use the menu. I will add feature to turn on/off sound

It would be great if you could also bump them up (+) or down (-) on that main entry page so you don't always have to go into each one, type the new number, and then hit the checkmark.
    Great idea, I will add this.

But, ehh I never could understand why anyone who is smart enough to work a cell phone cant do simple % math without a calculator. Frankly I suck at math, honestly, but I can always on the fly figure 10% 15%, 20% 50%, or any other easy %...
    Well, if you have a few beers, trust me you will need a calculator

I would love a preference to revert to Pre standard objects. This is the type of app that needs to be functional not flashy.
    Agreed, a simple look will be added in the next version

Thank you for all of your feedback/suggestions, I just released the Super Hangman game, please check it out and let me know what need to be added or removed.

Regards,
    Kardin
    Nice looking app although not as simple as tipcalc. I downloaded this app and then deleted it couldn't get pass the annoying tone. If you get rid of the sound then I'll be down, until then I'll use tipcalc.
    Neat looking app and full featured. takes a few more steps to get to the final result than i am used to, maybe get rid of the first screen and put the "how to tip", "my bill records" and "view more apps" in a drop down menu. That way you open right into the tip calculations. And definitely get rid of the sound. If you do that it is an awesome app. Keep up the good work.
    i'm sorry guys,i'm a welder first off,not a waiter,but anyone who uses a tip calculator should be ashamed of themselves,period.I WOULD LEAVE THE SOUND SO EVERYONE KNOWS A TIP CALCULATOR IS BEING USED.shameful.i mean if you cant afford a good tip,then you shouldn't be eating out.
    cool app. not cool sound
    Downloaded app and do not see a way to turn the sounds off without putting the Pre into quiet mode. Therefore, doubt I will use it, at least in a real tipping environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    i'm sorry guys,i'm a welder first off,not a waiter,but anyone who uses a tip calculator should be ashamed of themselves,period.I WOULD LEAVE THE SOUND SO EVERYONE KNOWS A TIP CALCULATOR IS BEING USED.shameful.i mean if you cant afford a good tip,then you shouldn't be eating out.
    I go out and always leave a good tip, most of the time 20%, sometimes more, occasionally less. And I always do it in my head. But why be so negative. There is nothing wrong with people using this. Some people are not good with math. And it can be handy when dividing with a group of people, or maybe just fun to use. Either way if you don't want to use it DON'T. But leave snide comments to yourself. This is a good forum and should be inviting to people.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12