Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    dude it was a joke, lol. I'm just overly anxious that's all bro. I've read your entire thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikin View Post
    Btw anyone know if something similar could be done with hulu?...
    i second that!!..
  3.    #64  
    I decided not to go with the route of implementing the YouTube Downloader patch for something even better. The conversions will be handled on-device through a custom service written in Java. I don't know Java at all, so I am working on this service slowly but I hope to have a release by 15 December.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I decided not to go with the route of implementing the YouTube Downloader patch for something even better. The conversions will be handled on-device through a custom service written in Java. I don't know Java at all, so I am working on this service slowly but I hope to have a release by 15 December.
    can't wait! Keep up the good work!!
    the patch isn't so good anyway.. It also can't download all videos..it leaves big empty spaces where a vid should be.. So on device convers souns much better hope it can do it fast enough...
  5.    #66  
    Thanks to the PDK, this is possible. I have successfully gotten a video to download and the audio shouldn't be a problem.

Next, I will be integrating the PDK executable into the YT2V app and releasing it homebrew (well, through WebOS-Internals feeds hopefully). Maybe in the near future I can get it into the Palm App Catalog.

It will function on the Pre AND the Pixi. I will just have to have two apps for that (one for each device).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Thanks! If you need pre homebrew beta testers with some programming experience, I'd be willing to help out
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234