Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Did i read it right, only 1 of 10 will be downloaded?
    So how can we find out, what can be downloaded....just trying?
    I tried it with 10 Youtubes (any will be played on my Pre 1.1.3, so it IS mp4) but nothing has to start the download. So what's up, Doc?
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Like I said, at the moment, it does have some issues. Most of the time it does not download, but it does at least 10% of the time.

I am still looking into that and plan on integrating the YouTube Download Patch into YT2V for WebOS.
    Sorry, wasn't really sure what the answer was -- is there some progress bar or anything so we know if something is/is not downloading? Just curious so i know what i actually have.

Great work so far! Can't wait to see where this goes
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Sorry, wasn't really sure what the answer was -- is there some progress bar or anything so we know if something is/is not downloading? Just curious so i know what i actually have.

Great work so far! Can't wait to see where this goes
    No progress bar at the moment, but if you know how to make one and would like to contribute, the steps to access the code are listed on page 2 and you can then request that I merge it with the actual code as it stands.

I will definitely look into that.

I added a feature request for this and I have added reporting categories to the bug tracker website I have up.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gojira-Berlin View Post
    Did i read it right, only 1 of 10 will be downloaded?
    So how can we find out, what can be downloaded....just trying?
    I tried it with 10 Youtubes (any will be played on my Pre 1.1.3, so it IS mp4) but nothing has to start the download. So what's up, Doc?
    I will look into why your videos didn't download, but like I said, only 10% of them will download. That, of course, does not mean 1 of 10 tested. I tested numerous videos and I constantly had numerous in a row as successes and then quite a lot in a row as failures. I guess you will just need to keep looking.

For now, this is a work in progress and is VERY much so in the ALPHA stage.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    What does it look like when it does work? Ive tried 40ish unsuccessfully.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    What does it look like when it does work? Ive tried 40ish unsuccessfully.
    At this time, it does not say anything.

The video will just show up in your Videos app the next time you open it.
    Arthur Thornton

7.    #47  
    I have temporarily taken down the server and the app will no longer function (though it apparently wasn't anyways).

I will investigate the issue and see about integrating the YouTube downloader patch directly into this app (would only work with videos though, so audio still needs work).
    Arthur Thornton

No progress bar at the moment, but if you know how to make one and would like to contribute, the steps to access the code are listed on page 2 and you can then request that I merge it with the actual code as it stands.

I will definitely look into that.

I added a feature request for this and I have added reporting categories to the bug tracker website I have up.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the programming aspect of webOS is still over my head, sorry. I am working though, hopefully i'll be able to lend programers a hand soon.
  9.    #49  
    I have the fix to download the video directly from YouTube in MP4 format (should also allow for streaming, which means no longer need to use YouTube; in a future release) and am testing it right now. I will upload the fix as soon as testing is done and it is guaranteed to work.
    Arthur Thornton

I have temporarily taken down the server and the app will no longer function (though it apparently wasn't anyways).

I will investigate the issue and see about integrating the YouTube downloader patch directly into this app (would only work with videos though, so audio still needs work).
    its been taken down for the moment
    when I hit download nothing happens. What should I do?
    ahhhhh!! This app is driving me insane!! Lol. I'm literally pulling out my hair over this hoax.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Wish this works, possibly a problem with my Pre, I am going to Doctor it and retry this weekend.

As of now, it searches YouTube, plays videos, but doesn't do anything at all when I hit download.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Wish this works, possibly a problem with my Pre, I am going to Doctor it and retry this weekend.

As of now, it searches YouTube, plays videos, but doesn't do anything at all when I hit download.
    Its the app not your pre.
  15.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennys.pre9 View Post
    ahhhhh!! This app is driving me insane!! Lol. I'm literally pulling out my hair over this hoax.
    This is NOT A HOAX. I have put over 50 hours of my own time into this app and it should work partially.

If you had at least half a brain, you would have read at least some of the posts before posting such a stupid message. I am sorry, it had to be said. Same to all of you asking why it isn't downloading. Read the other posts before making your own.
    Arthur Thornton

This is NOT A HOAX. I have put over 50 hours of my own time into this app and it should work partially.

If you had at least half a brain, you would have read at least some of the posts before posting such a stupid message. I am sorry, it had to be said. Same to all of you asking why it isn't downloading. Read the other posts before making your own.
    It would solve so many problems if people would do this first. It only takes a couple of minutes. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to help but I do appreciate the work you're putting into this and can't wait til it's up and running.
    can't wait till you get the kinks worked out I was trying to dl vids and when it wouldn't work I decided to check the forum glad its not just me lol I'll definitely buy this when its done. Btw anyone know if something similar could be done with hulu? Even if it was just streaming not dled...
    Ok not to be a sourpuss or anything but why do we need this app? Jason Robutille (sp?) already made a patch for this using the Youtube app that's built in and it works flawlessly.
    Go into the Youtube app, type what you want to see and then below where it says "more" there is a link that says download and it has a progress bar. It works fantastic.

Search the forum, I stumbled across it a few weeks ago and installed it.

UPDATE: I added the link to the page with the patch.
    forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/211623-patch-youtube-download-patch-2.html
    Last edited by faderrific; 11/08/2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added link
  19.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by faderrific View Post
    Ok not to be a sourpuss or anything but why do we need this app? Jason Robutille (sp?) already made a patch for this using the Youtube app that's built in and it works flawlessly.
    Go into the Youtube app, type what you want to see and then below where it says "more" there is a link that says download and it has a progress bar. It works fantastic.

Search the forum, I stumbled across it a few weeks ago and installed it.

UPDATE: I added the link to the page with the patch.
    forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/200012-yt2v-webos-3.html
    Firstly, the reason for this app is to download mp3s and mp4s, which the patch doesn't download mp3's. I have been working on this app since late August, and the patch was added at most 1.5 weeks ago, not a few weeks ago.
    Arthur Thornton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast