Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If you have over 200 Q items in instant watch (as I do), you can change it on a rooted Pre.

cd /var/usr/palm/applications/com.dhall.quickqueue/app/assistants

edit queue-assistant.jsjsjs
    search for 200 and change to 300

edit queuedetails-assistant.jsjsjs
    search for 200 and 201 and change to 300 and 301 respectively
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellydel View Post
    Did you happen to select the checkbox when adding this movie to your queue?
    No, I have not added any movies to queue. When I open the app, select the 3 dots on bottom right, it opens "My Recomendations". Then select the "More" option on upper right. If I choose "Recently Watched" all I get is a spinning/Thinking wheel. Have to close the app. Looks like its doing same when you choose at "Movies at Home". (That was working on previous version)
    Great program. Awesome work.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Long queue loading times have been fixed. Reinstall version 0.3.5 to get the update.
    Check out my Netflix app: "QuickQueue"
    Twitter: @AppsByDel
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Version 0.3.6 has just been submitted. This may be the last version released for some time. Now when a movie is available in blu-ray. When viewing the movie details you will see (blu-ray) on the button to add to your disc queue. Now you will instantly know whether or not a blu-ray movie is available and will be added to your queue. Make sure your account setting indicate your preferred format. Enjoy.
    Liking the new color scheme and the addition of Blu-ray info.

I'm running into what seems like a bug where I can click on a movie to see its info, and if it doesn't load right away and I click it again, it will eventually load the page twice (or however many times I clicked it before it loaded) and if I were to swipe back, I would have to do so an equal amount of times to get back to the list view.

A suggestion that I think would be a nice change: When I first downloaded this app, I wasn't sure what the three dots or the horizontal lines meant, and even though it doesn't take long to figure it out, I think the buttons would serve better with different pictures to make it easier to understand. For your queue maybe a letter Q on the button, and instead of the "..." for recommendations, why not a heart symbol, to better match the destop Netflix page on the tab that says "Movies you'll (heart)" Just suggestions of course. Either way keep up the awesome work. Love this app.
    just added a blu-ray and can confirm it works, excellent job my friend. Love the red background too, it's nice and warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellydel View Post
    Version 0.3.6 has just been submitted. This may be the last version released for some time. Now when a movie is available in blu-ray. When viewing the movie details you will see (blu-ray) on the button to add to your disc queue. Now you will instantly know whether or not a blu-ray movie is available and will be added to your queue. Make sure your account setting indicate your preferred format. Enjoy.
    Again, thanks for all your work on this. It seems like I am using this every day.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of the compliments. Rate the app if you like it (or if you don't). I am working on a few more tweaks here and there and hopefully I will be able to get this app in the official catalog soon. If you don't see an update here for a while, know that I am still working on it and adding things here and there, If anyone is into Twitter - look me up.. @DellyDel. I try to post when a new version will be released or what else is going on with QuickQueue.
    "A Better Place" - (Coming Soon) ??????

What's ya up too??
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Any chance you can add some kind of notification for what format something is for, directly from the search? It'd make it a little bit easier searching for Instant Queue movies on the go. I made a little mock up. Just realized it should probably have a blu-ray thing too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Any chance you can add some kind of notification for what format something is for, directly from the search? It'd make it a little bit easier searching for Instant Queue movies on the go. I made a little mock up. Just realized it should probably have a blu-ray thing too.
    Gage006: There will be something similar to what you are referring to in the final version.
    I love this app
    Is there competition for Netflix.

I just notice today and got confused thinking QuickQueue was renamed, by the appearance of a new app called My Que for Netflix.

Why would someone else create the same application?

And why was there no talk of this other app in other threads until today.

I personally am not pleased by this. The developer of QuickQueue has put a lot of work in this app to be upstaged by this other app.

But I guess it's legal unless he took the code to create his app.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Is there competition for Netflix.

I just notice today and got confused thinking QuickQueue was renamed, by the appearance of a new app called My Que for Netflix.

Why would someone else create the same application?

And why was there no talk of this other app in other threads until today.

I personally am not pleased by this. The developer of QuickQueue has put a lot of work in this app to be upstaged by this other app.

But I guess it's legal unless he took the code to create his app.

Rob
    My guess (without having spoke to either author) is that both started working on their apps before they knew about the other.

Once you start working, it's hard to just give up because someone else had the same idea. Especially on something like this, where there is obvious demand, a published API, etc.

Competition can be good. Especially if it spurs both developers to improve their products. For example, neither product (yet?) includes the ability to see new releases. It'd be great to bring up what's new this week and simply tap on items to add to my queue. Whoever adds that first will have a leg up.

And then, the other will add that feature and something else. Like reading and adding comments.

And then, someone will add in the ability to watch instant play, but only if you have a beta copy of the Pre Flash player.

And then someone will add in the ability to stream if you have PC-based software to support it.

And then... someone will give up and stop supporting their app.

Right now, both apps seems more-or-less even. They have a similar approach. Some will prefer the look of QQ over MQ. Some will feel the other way.

Right now, with them being so closely matched, I'm not sure which way to go. I'm currently favoring MQ just slightly. But that could change. So, at least until the next release of each of these tools, I'll likely keep both, juggling between them as I make up my mind.
    Yeah, I think your right but what I find funny is that there was no talk of MyQ on PreCentral, it just popped up there in Homebrew.

So if the two people were talking about developing there app here in Precentral, maybe one developer would have bowed out of working on a similar app.

I just find it sneaky, like MyQ stole the idea and then magically it shows up.

I looked at it as well and it's nice, I have to agree but it just bothers me and I'm not even the developer, just a supported of QuickQueue and watched his working progress. And have not had the opportunity to watch the development of MyQ.

Something just doesn't sit right with me, no matter if it might be a better app.

And from what I read and don' t really understand, they can only program so many features as Netflix allows them access to.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

The author of MyQ chose to do private beta-testing, which is entirely his right. He did post a thread here on PreCentral asking for beta-testing volunteers. I applaud DellyDel for letting us see his progress and helping us feel like we helped contribute to the quality of the app. But in the end, users will choose the app they find the most compelling, and I agree that competition isn't a bad thing, per se.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    QuickQueue is now available in the App Catalog. Thanks to all of my Beta testers and others that sent input. I will continue to add features as I can so keep the recommendations coming!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Have you added anything to the version in the catalog?

For a while, this was neck-and-beck with MyQ, but then they added many features that pushed that one over for me. Now that both are in the catalog, I'd like to buy one to show my support. But which one? If QQ is the same app as before, sadly, that'll have to be MyQ. On the other hand, if you've been using the last month and a half or so to best MyQ, I'll take another look at QQ.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm a stickler for having nice looking app icons in my launcher. And I was so close to picking MyQ for Netflix over QuickQueue just because of the apps icon looks better. I'm still on the fence about the two apps for that reason alone. I guess I'll just keep updating my queue through my browser for now.

Any plans for making a more attractive and modern icon for the app that's on par with the other pre apps? Hell I'm sure you could even get a precentral member to do a new icon for you pro bono if graphics aren't necessarily your thing.

Just a thought.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast