1.    #1  
    Authorized beta of Mormon Channel app has been posted to homebrew. Official thread is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-app-beta.html

Please use the official thread for feedback.

MormonAudio App

This is a very, very early version of what I'll submit to the LDS Tech people to hopefully get the official webOS version of the Mormon Channel up and running sometime soon.

This version uses standard list based navigation and my primary purpose was to get familiar with the web APIs and get the XML feeds to parse correctly. Only the Scriptures and Magazine modules are working right now. You can listen to streaming audio for the entire Old/New Testaments, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price and a couple years worth of issues of the Ensign, New Era and Friend.

This is just one afternoon worth of coding. I'll try and get more done next Sunday.
    Last edited by reuben.olsen; 08/28/2009 at 04:17 AM.
    Awesome, great to see some support for LDS apps. Looking forward to your continued work on the application.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Will the magazine modules automatically update with the current months issue or is this something that we will have to update manually?

Great app...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystory9 View Post
    Will the magazine modules automatically update with the current months issue or is this something that we will have to update manually?

Great app...
    All the data is pulled live from the Church web services so it will be as up-to-date as they are. As new issues/articles are available they will be updated automatically. Same for conference sessions as soon as that module is activated.
    Great news! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm so glad to see robust development from the LDS community! Thanks for your work, and thanks for making my Pre even more valuable!
    This is fantastic. I appreciate all your effort. I'll volunteer to help however I can to get this ready for LDSTech. Thanks!!!
    Nice work! Great App.
    Great Work! I'm excited to use this app. Very glad to see that you are working with the official LDSTech community on this.
  10.    #10  
    Authorized beta of Mormon Channel app has been posted to homebrew. Official thread is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-app-beta.html

Please use the official thread for feedback.

Anyone interested in participating in this project please PM me.
    I am waiting to be able to download the scriptures. I had them on my Centro and really miss them. Had both iSilo and Mark My Scriptures. The latter allowed me to underline text from either the scriptures or General Conference talks and file them by subject.