Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thanks!
    It is definitely not TOO difficult, and with the windspeed addition it only makes me want to play more! Also I think the idea for global scores is appealing. And maybe change it to show the top 5 local and top 10 global scores. Or something like that would be awesome!
    This reminds me of the paper toss game.. and I loved that game. It would be great to see that app come to the pre.
    Exactly! I can't wait to get the paper game, this is a great alternative! Its definitely more difficult as speed of the "flick" matters. I have already put several hours on this game, thank you!
    Only thing I would change is the bears chat bubble I can barely see the text grey bubble and black text is tough maybe white bubble black text?
    I am having a problem that just started showing up. Everytime I close the app, the high scores reset. Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I am having a problem that just started showing up. Everytime I close the app, the high scores reset. Anyone else have this issue?
    yep I have the same issue top scores reset every time the app is closed but then my score is so low right now it really does not matter much to me
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    thanks for the heads up on that. I'll have to make sure I am saving everything properly.
    Great work on this so far, and thanks so much. Perfect for killing time while driving

Suggestion: as an indicator of windspeed, how about varying the thickness of the arrow? As it is now, the windspeed intensifies with length of game, but it could just as well be randomized, same as the wind direction, and the arrow width could give an indication of intensity.

Possible bug: As with a couple of other feedback'ers, I also experienced strangeness with the high scores. On my first game, I bowled about 10 times before the high score prompt was displayed. On the next several times it was displayed, I had only bowled one miss and then one hit before it came up. Another time it seemed like I bowled several hits, then on my first miss it came up. Nothing I could pin down as repeatable, sorry.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBCampbell2 View Post
    Great work on this so far, and thanks so much. Perfect for killing time while driving

Suggestion: as an indicator of windspeed, how about varying the thickness of the arrow? As it is now, the windspeed intensifies with length of game, but it could just as well be randomized, same as the wind direction, and the arrow width could give an indication of intensity.

Possible bug: As with a couple of other feedback'ers, I also experienced strangeness with the high scores. On my first game, I bowled about 10 times before the high score prompt was displayed. On the next several times it was displayed, I had only bowled one miss and then one hit before it came up. Another time it seemed like I bowled several hits, then on my first miss it came up. Nothing I could pin down as repeatable, sorry.
    I think I like the randomize the windspeed idea. its gets boring having to redo the low speeds again and again.

On the thickness idea. I'll have to think about it. I did think about varing the arrow lenght depending on speed at one point

I have no idea where that bug is coming from, or if I completely understand what it is. The high score box should only come up AFTER you miss at the END of a streak of hits.
    my high scores did not save
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    BIG UPDATE. This will probably be the last before submitting to the App Catalog. Please leave feedback so I can get my app accepted!

• Credits page added
    • <Wind speed is now random
    • Added trophy graphics
    • new polar bear speech bubbles
    • a bunch of other litte fixes
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This game is so freakin hard I'm lucky if I get that polar-d0uch3 into that hole once every 5 games. I swear if there was a polar bear standing next to me I'd punch him in his face. I'd get mauled to death, but still that bear would know my wraith for a brief moment.
    Last edited by p4trickh; 09/07/2009 at 09:17 PM.
    I agree. I think it is too hard. It's no fun trying over and over and never getting the bear in the hole. Maybe have different levels of difficulty (different size holes)?
    The new top score thing seems to be popping up whenever you lose now, it was better the other way only when you beat your score.

EDIT - Now it stopped, I guess it was just populating the score board?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I agree. I think it is too hard. It's no fun trying over and over and never getting the bear in the hole. Maybe have different levels of difficulty (different size holes)?
    The difficulty of the game is my biggest concern right now. Its hard to determine how hard the actual game is because I wrote the code that calculates everything and therefore have a very good understanding of how to flick the bear exactly. In future updates I might try to adjust gameplay slightly.

thank your for your feedback
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Update is better, I would make the hole bigger and shrink as you go on.
    works thx
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    • Final UPDATE. This is last version to be posted on precentral.
    • wind speed handled differently -- the game should be much more fun now
    • bug fixes
    error updating from preware
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast