Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Fain, I got it working after the 1.0.2 update, Thanks much for the awesome app. Now I just need to find a way to get playlists functioning. Works great over EVDO too
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Well now you have me intrigued. This is apparently an internal development version? I would *much* rather not have all the cards popping open to pull in the stream, especially since they stay open after playback.
    yes but as of now it pretty much does the same thing. When you click a song to play there is no feedback. the song starts streaming in the background and eventually plays. If you click another song it will play over the first song. much like the way multiple windows open now. Except in the release version you can simply close out a window or pause it to stop it. I have no stop/pause as of yet. So as of now you have to close out the app if you want to stop it lol.

As someone mentioned above. Palms web streamer prompts them to download. I assume they have the web browser download patch from webosinternalz. The internal streamer would break this functionality as it would not use the web browser any more.
    Has anyone else had issues w/ transcoded files not playing correctly? It's kinda odd, it may be an ampache server issue rather than a client issues.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMadison View Post
    Has anyone else had issues w/ transcoded files not playing correctly? It's kinda odd, it may be an ampache server issue rather than a client issues.
    Transcoding is working perfectly for me. Most of my music is flac and transcoding to mp3 is doing wonderful. What kind of issue are you having.
    I got it working after an hour or two of fiddling around. I was able to get the service running pretty easily but it would definitely be confusing if I had no knowledge of what PHP, MySQL, Apache, etc.'s functions are. The only thing that threw me off was having to register a domain name connected to my IP.

Also, so far I haven't been able to get transcoding to work. Is there a plugin or something you have to add for the codecs you want to support? When I try to play from AmpachPre I get a messaging saying there was an error playing back the file so I imagine my service isn't transcoding anything. I'll probably poke around the configuration settings and see what I can do.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oneEIGHTkevin View Post
    I got it working after an hour or two of fiddling around. I was able to get the service running pretty easily but it would definitely be confusing if I had no knowledge of what PHP, MySQL, Apache, etc.'s functions are. The only thing that threw me off was having to register a domain name connected to my IP.

Also, so far I haven't been able to get transcoding to work. Is there a plugin or something you have to add for the codecs you want to support? When I try to play from AmpachPre I get a messaging saying there was an error playing back the file so I imagine my service isn't transcoding anything. I'll probably poke around the configuration settings and see what I can do.
    I think by default transcoding is not forced on. Poke around in the web interface under preferences -> streaming. I set transcoding to always. You may also need to dig around the transcoding section in the ampache.cfg.php file. It defaults to mp3 output (which is what you have to use for the pre) but not all codecs may be turned on. There will be an entry of the form transcode_CODEC="value", make sure value is true, not false, for any format you want converted to mp3.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I think by default transcoding is not forced on. Poke around in the web interface under preferences -> streaming. I set transcoding to always. You may also need to dig around the transcoding section in the ampache.cfg.php file. It defaults to mp3 output (which is what you have to use for the pre) but not all codecs may be turned on. There will be an entry of the form transcode_CODEC="value", make sure value is true, not false, for any format you want converted to mp3.
    also I do not know how this works on windows. On linux it transcodes by linux commands. You might have to find transcoding programs for windows and specify the path in ampache.php.cfg. There might me some info on transcoding on windows at ampaches website.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm at work so I can't mess with my cfg files but you guys definitely put me on the right track.

Also nice work on the the front-end fain. I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves from this point.

It works so much better/faster than Orb.
    I get to step 21 and type and type in localhost/ampache-3.5.1 I get the error the page can't be found. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a 32 bit vista

figured it ou--the fdirections were a little unclear--had to follow the pictures (files we're being moved but not extracted)
    Last edited by el_dheeb; 08/26/2009 at 07:24 PM.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    I get to step 21 and type and type in localhost/ampache-3.5.1 I get the error the page can't be found. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a 32 bit vista
    does just localhost work? If it does. Check what the folder name of ampache is in htdocs. If localhost doesn't make sure you start apache and mysql in the xampp control panel and verify it is running.
    I got finished the whole installation instructions-now it's not logging in
  12.    #152  
    I got finished the whole installation instructions-now it's not logging in
    what's not logging in? The web interface or ampachepre?
    ampachepre__how can you tell if the web interface is loggin in?
  14.    #154  
    ampachepre__how can you tell if the web interface is loggin in?
    type

http://localhost/ampache-3.5.1

On the pc apache is running on.
    Type

http://localhost

first to see if the webserver is running. You can screen shots of this in the howto.
    Well, I've had great success getting Ampache set up on my home server, catalog added and all the music is accessible through a web browser.

However, with AmpachPre, I am able to log in and search through the library, but whenever I try to play a song, it opens the web browser on the Pre and takes me to a "Debug" page that gives me the message

You have been redirected to this page because you do not have access to this function. If you believe this is an error please contact an Ampache administrator. This event has been logged.
    xml_rpc is set to "true" in my config file, I'm not sure if that helps. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After dropping the database and completely reinstalling from scratch, this problem has disappeared. I had originally installed the version that lives in the Ubuntu repository and then upgraded to 3.5.1, this causes problems apparently. All is well now.
    Last edited by norova; 08/27/2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Problem solved.
    whats the distance ....like if im @ wrk can i still log-in to ampachpre? cuz its not lettin me log in....and my pc is still running..
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    whats the distance ....like if im @ wrk can i still log-in to ampachpre? cuz its not lettin me log in....and my pc is still running..
    You should be able to log in across the world. That being said, how well you stream depends on your server and internet connection. But you should be able to login from anywhere in the world as long as you have a internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    You should be able to log in across the world. That being said, how well you stream depends on your server and internet connection. But you should be able to login from anywhere in the world as long as you have a internet connection.
    nope not for me it just spins @ the login screen....any ideas..im still luvin the app tho
  19.    #159  
    Does it log in on you home wifi?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    nope not for me it just spins @ the login screen....any ideas..im still luvin the app tho
    It sounds like if the problem is only happening over the internet (trying turning off WIFI on your phone at home and connect via EVDO) then it sounds like a firewall problem.
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast