Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPokes View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'll take a look more tonight, as I've been using Ampache for years and would love to have the capabilities on my phone.

At this point I went from a failed ACL to no handshake taking place, but the communication is taking place and showing up in the logs (at least the ping).

This may be a silly question, but looking back at most of the posts I feel like I may need to verify; there is nothing in place that is expecting a URL past the domain level, is there? For example, by virtual of name based virtual hosting and proxying requests, my Ampache server listens directly at the domain level, thus my AmpachPre configuration looks like ampache.server.com with no trailing URL after the domain. I'm making the assumption that it wouldn't, based on the fact that the ping is correct and is hitting my ampache server, but want to cover all bases.

Thanks.
    I'm afraid fain will have to answer that, but, have you tried including a trailing slash to make sure it is looking at the root dir?
  2.    #122  
    Sorry i have not been responding. I have been at school.

Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I know this only gets you so far. Ideally the music player would support streaming media and playlists. But as an alternative:

Amarok downloads the metadata for the entire collection. You can then drag that into Amarok's playlist. I think with API this is the expected behaviour, especially since it was designed alongside Amarok's support for Ampache. What I dont get is why I can't create a stream from the web interface and have it play. Making things even stranger is that an Ampache stream is contained in index.php and the "filename" that music players see is just a parameter. This file has a .ogg extension even though it is usually an mp3. The test I did with ampachpre looks like it is using the .ogg extension (original file is a .flac which is transcoded to mp3 for streaming). Yet it played.
    I thought about cacheing the entire library into a database for faster searches. I am not exactly sure how the song url returns in the xml. I did notice one thing which is what made me decide to start this project. When you are in the ampache web interface. if you have downloads enabled. You can click download and the song will stream. But through the playlist built by ampache it will not no matter what. I read a post on palms forums about how some play lists will not stream. this is probably a bug in palms streamer.

plus the web interface is too small to mess with on the pre.

So are you saying the transcoder works with ampachpre? all my files are mp3 so i have not gotten to test this really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the new version of AmpachePre 1.0.2, and used my IP address (that my router connects to, NOT the one my computer connects to by the way) with a /ampache behind it and it worked (while my pre was using Wi-Fi). The music streamed, etc, worked perfectly!

But then, as with each step of the way doing this entire process, I ran into another hurdle. I switched to EVDO so I can use this OUTSIDE of my house on the road for example, and of course, now it does not work. I used the same setup with the IP address my router connects to 000.000.000.000/ampache but no longer works now, searches forever. My router has the appropriate ports opened. Any ideas?
    if you switch to evdo from wifi while logged in. you will need to move back to the login screen and switch accounts to an external ip account and log back in.

the easiest way to get your external ip is visit here
    What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more

if you still have problems using your external ip over evdo it is probably a firewall blocking port 80 incoming or your isp blocking it. my isp hates port 80. they do not block it but if they see data traversing in and out of it they give me a nasty call :/

Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    fain,
    thanks for putting together that guide. I believe I have everything setup correctly now, but when I go to log in through ampachepre, I'm getting a login error saying I probably have the wrong address. However, I can access ampache through the pre's browser and can login just fine there, so I know I'm typing in the correct address (this is running the pre on my home wifi).

so
    1) what do I need to correct to get ampachepre to log in correctly?
    2) how do I set up my router or whatever needs to be done so that I can access ampache when I'm not at home over EVDO. Which ip address do I use if it's not that local IP as described in your how-to write up?

Sorry for the q's, but as I said all this address stuff is a bit confusing for someone who doesn't deal with this a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one confused about this. Thanks!
    What are you using as the login address on the pc and ampachpre? Also what connection are you on when entering these addresses EVDO/WIFI?
    the "probably the wrong address" error is when the callback fails so the server entered is not responding at all.
    I haven't tried via WIFI at home yet, but there is no reason to think it will work differently. And actually I do know that on WIFI I was still connecting to Ampache, but with the failed login problem.
    it works just the same for me. This is the main reason why I made support for multiple accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPokes View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'll take a look more tonight, as I've been using Ampache for years and would love to have the capabilities on my phone.

At this point I went from a failed ACL to no handshake taking place, but the communication is taking place and showing up in the logs (at least the ping).

This may be a silly question, but looking back at most of the posts I feel like I may need to verify; there is nothing in place that is expecting a URL past the domain level, is there? For example, by virtual of name based virtual hosting and proxying requests, my Ampache server listens directly at the domain level, thus my AmpachPre configuration looks like ampache.server.com with no trailing URL after the domain. I'm making the assumption that it wouldn't, based on the fact that the ping is correct and is hitting my ampache server, but want to cover all bases.

Thanks.
    the url is as follows
    Code:
    http://DOMAIN/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=YOURTOKENHERE&timestamp=CURRENTTIME&version=YOURAMPACHEVERSION&user=YOURUSERNAME
    DOMAIN is what ever you enter into the address box in accounts, the preceeding and trailing slash is already there.
    TOKEN is a encrypted version or your password
    CURRENTTIME is the timestamp when you logged in
    YOURAMPACHEVERSION is returned with the ping. if you are not getting this response xml the login will hang. which is what I expect is happening. I am not sure why though. Check your acl play around with some settings there. What are they?
    YOURUSERNAME is well your user name in plain text.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain
    I thought about cacheing the entire library into a database for faster searches. I am not exactly sure how the song url returns in the xml. I did notice one thing which is what made me decide to start this project. When you are in the ampache web interface. if you have downloads enabled. You can click download and the song will stream. But through the playlist built by ampache it will not no matter what. I read a post on palms forums about how some play lists will not stream. this is probably a bug in palms streamer.

plus the web interface is too small to mess with on the pre.

So are you saying the transcoder works with ampachpre? all my files are mp3 so i have not gotten to test this really.
    Yes, transcoding works. Virtually all of my music is flac and it streamed all the way home from work (a ~25 mile trip). I think the API documentation talks about how the track data is returned, alternately I can give you more information from my amarok trace.

Something I noticed... the palm streaming media app allows you to play multiple streams simultaneously instead of queuing. This would cause problems for creating a playlist consisting of multple tracks instead of a .pls or .m3u file. I wonder if the streaming media app returns any information when playback ends. Then you could "simply" (not commenting on difficulty!) create an internal playlist consisting of urls and submit them to the web browser one at a time as the previous one ends. Not very elegant but this seems to be something where palm is lacking. :/

t works just the same for me. This is the main reason why I made support for multiple accounts.
    I just tested it at home over WIFI. Works fine with the same account.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    if you switch to evdo from wifi while logged in. you will need to move back to the login screen and switch accounts to an external ip account and log back in.

the easiest way to get your external ip is visit here
    What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more

if you still have problems using your external ip over evdo it is probably a firewall blocking port 80 incoming or your isp blocking it. my isp hates port 80. they do not block it but if they see data traversing in and out of it they give me a nasty call :/
    Fain, I have created two different accounts, one for WiFi at home (which works) and another account for EVDO to test to see if it works.

I have port 80 opened on my router and on my windows firewall, still does not work. I even went to DynDNS and created a name instead of IP address, but still does not connect via EVDO.

While I'm on WiFi at home, I am actually using the WAN IP address (00.00.00.00/ampache) and it works. For EVDO, Im using the exact same thing but it does not work. This is why I'm confused!
  5.    #125  
    Yes, transcoding works. Virtually all of my music is flac and it streamed all the way home from work (a ~25 mile trip). I think the API documentation talks about how the track data is returned, alternately I can give you more information from my amarok trace.

Something I noticed... the palm streaming media app allows you to play multiple streams simultaneously instead of queuing. This would cause problems for creating a playlist consisting of multple tracks instead of a .pls or .m3u file. I wonder if the streaming media app returns any information when playback ends. Then you could "simply" (not commenting on difficulty!) create an internal playlist consisting of urls and submit them to the web browser one at a time as the previous one ends. Not very elegant but this seems to be something where palm is lacking. :/
    Great news on the transcoding!

Ya I am not sure how difficult it will be. but what I was thinking was store the urls in a array. Then format a m3u or pls from the array. I do not know if the pre allows for saving files in to the directory structure of the application. if it does then well I can just write them to a playlist directory when saved. Some how I feel it might be harder then this though. Other wise I will have to save the playlists in a database. I will look into submitting them as each one ends.

I would also like for the pre to start downloading the next song b4 the previous song ends so there is a seemless gap between songs.

I just tested it at home over WIFI. Works fine with the same account.
    Same account? Do you have a internal dns?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I am connecting to my dyndns address. My router, running dd-wrt, acts as DNS for my network and so the dyndns is resolving.
  7.    #127  
    Fain, I have created two different accounts, one for WiFi at home (which works) and another account for EVDO to test to see if it works.

I have port 80 opened on my router and on my windows firewall, still does not work. I even went to DynDNS and created a name instead of IP address, but still does not connect via EVDO.

While I'm on WiFi at home, I am actually using the WAN IP address (00.00.00.00/ampache) and it works. For EVDO, Im using the exact same thing but it does not work. This is why I'm confused!
    Ya me too lol.

Sounds like something on your router isn't connected/configured right. How is your pc plugged into the router? How os your modem connected? what port etc. I assume you have internet access from the pc ampache is running on. It sounds like you have the ampache server plugged into the wan port.
  8.    #128  
    I am connecting to my dyndns address. My router, running dd-wrt, acts as DNS for my network and so the dyndns is resolving.
    Ah ok I C.
    Along the rocky process of attempting to get this to work (still to no avail), I think I came across your same issue.

It was a simple fix for me actually. I ended up finding out that XP would re-name the config file that it makes you download and save into the ampache/config folder. XP adds an extra underscore "_" in there. I removed it and it immediately worked.
    LOL, I was in the middle of uninstalling XAMPP when I read this, thank God I was at "This is your last chance..."

Thanks saved me from reinstalling everything, had to replace "_" with a "." and all is well!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    the url is as follows
    Code:
    http://DOMAIN/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=YOURTOKENHERE&timestamp=CURRENTTIME&version=YOURAMPACHEVERSION&user=YOURUSERNAME
    DOMAIN is what ever you enter into the address box in accounts, the preceeding and trailing slash is already there.
    TOKEN is a encrypted version or your password
    CURRENTTIME is the timestamp when you logged in
    YOURAMPACHEVERSION is returned with the ping. if you are not getting this response xml the login will hang. which is what I expect is happening. I am not sure why though. Check your acl play around with some settings there. What are they?
    YOURUSERNAME is well your user name in plain text.
    Ok, little odd with the whole ACL configuration. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to security, thus setting up an ACL for "all" for "all" users wasn't my desire, thus I locked it down to my user only. Apparently, for whatever reason, it wasn't happy with that. Creating an ACL for all users, with all access, allowed my through. Now that I have the authentication at least working, I may play with locking it back down a bit more and see where it finally breaks.

Sure would have made this a lot easier to figure out had Ampache decided to throw any sort of response back. Something I may throw out in the Ampache forums, for future use.

Thanks for the assistance, both fain and angiest.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    A little tip, that may end up biting a few people in the hiney, depending on how long you've been running Ampache, etc...

In the ampache.cfg.php file, ensure that the following is set:
    Code:
    ; Use XML-RPC
    ; Allow XML-RPC connections, if you don't want _any_ possibility of your
    ; catalog being streamed from another location comment this out
    ; DEFAULT: false
    xml_rpc         = "true"
    By default, I believe, it is commented out (I may have commented it out, for security reasons, but its been a while). I was able to log in, with it commented out, but when trying to play any music I'd receive an error (as it was trying to play it within a browser, not streaming it to the media player).
    Have tried everything regarding my router to get this to work via EVDO, still no luck. Only works while Pre is on home wi-fi (same network as server).

Server is connected via wire to router, router connects to cable modem.

Even tried DMZing the server but AmpachPre still did not connect.
    Have tried everything regarding my router to get this to work via EVDO, still no luck. Only works while Pre is on home wi-fi (same network as server).

Server is connected via wire to router, router connects to cable modem.

Even tried DMZing the server but AmpachPre still did not connect.

Hey i JUST got this set up both ways via wifi and EVDO. Have you registered a domain and pointed it to ur IP adresss? DynDNS.com: Free DNS Hosting, E-mail Delivery, and VPS Hosting Its very easy and free!

Next step make sure port 80 is OPEN Go herehttp://portforward.com/ for instructions for your router on how to do so.

Then all you do for your domain is enter urdomatin.dyndns.org/ampache3.5.1

Note: What you named ur ampache folder when u copied/cut it into the htdocs folder in xampp is what you put at the end...I kept the 3.5.1 so i added it...if you just renamed ur folder to ampache then leave off the version #.

Hope this helps! Took me a while to figure out myself so no wories
    Last edited by Dchris222; 08/25/2009 at 11:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    well... ive given up... thanks for the effort fain... but this is way too much of a hassle to get up and running. Ill just stick with loading music directly onto my pre and using pandora.

Peace
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    well... ive given up... thanks for the effort fain... but this is way too much of a hassle to get up and running. Ill just stick with loading music directly onto my pre and using pandora.

Peace
    STREAMING TO MY PRE!

Very nice! Like that it gives you the option to stream or download...

Thanks Fain!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am able to get it to work both over WiFi and EVDO, thanks!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Great news on the transcoding!

Ya I am not sure how difficult it will be. but what I was thinking was store the urls in a array. Then format a m3u or pls from the array. I do not know if the pre allows for saving files in to the directory structure of the application. if it does then well I can just write them to a playlist directory when saved. Some how I feel it might be harder then this though. Other wise I will have to save the playlists in a database. I will look into submitting them as each one ends.

I would also like for the pre to start downloading the next song b4 the previous song ends so there is a seemless gap between songs.

Well, if Palm allowed the full functionality of the Linux core in WebOS, then the applications would be controllable via DBUS. That was, perhaps, you could find out when one track has almost finished playing and "queue" the next one by submitting it to the browser and telling the streamer to pause. That way it will be buffered and ready to go. Still cludgy but we do have to work what what Palm gave us. Unless someone wants to write a new streaming media app. Even the shoutcase apps are really just frontends to the web browser, submitting the URL for the station you want to listen to.

Of course, Palm could also support Ogg Vorbis, Theora, and FLAC.
  19.    #139  
    Well, if Palm allowed the full functionality of the Linux core in WebOS, then the applications would be controllable via DBUS. That was, perhaps, you could find out when one track has almost finished playing and "queue" the next one by submitting it to the browser and telling the streamer to pause. That way it will be buffered and ready to go. Still cludgy but we do have to work what what Palm gave us. Unless someone wants to write a new streaming media app. Even the shoutcase apps are really just frontends to the web browser, submitting the URL for the station you want to listen to.

Of course, Palm could also support Ogg Vorbis, Theora, and FLAC.
    I have already removed the need for the web browser streaming app right after I released Ampachpre. But, There is no indicators the app is streaming. I just need to learn how to plug a progress slider into the media function I have to show it is working on streaming. After I figure out the progress slider the rest shouldn't be very hard.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I have already removed the need for the web browser streaming app right after I released Ampachpre. But, There is no indicators the app is streaming. I just need to learn how to plug a progress slider into the media function I have to show it is working on streaming. After I figure out the progress slider the rest shouldn't be very hard.
    Well now you have me intrigued. This is apparently an internal development version? I would *much* rather not have all the cards popping open to pull in the stream, especially since they stay open after playback.
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast