Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is set up properly. I created a login I'd, created a library of my music.... I followed every step fain laid out in the pdf. But I cannot log in using ampachpre or by entering (my outside ip)/ampache-3.5 in my browser
    %s that the correct path?
    Ahhhh, OK. Are you connecting through a router? I forgot about this step. You either need to put your physical computer where Ampache is installed in the DMZ or make sure that port 80 (or whatever port you configured) is accessible through your firewall. It is possible that you have to open a path from the router and open a hole in the firewall on your Ampache server.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Great!!!! Thanks for all your help. That timestamp difference you mentioned over at the ampache forums is what struck the light above my head. It still doesn't explain why my server would authenticate even in milliseconds tho :/ O' well my server still works after the fix

Playlists is going to be a big project to tackle. I need to decide how I am going to implement the ui. I might need a custom stream scene first. I was thinking either a button next to each song for add to playlist or select the song and a command menu pops up at the bottom with add to playlist or play song. maybe I could get fancy with it and swipe to playlist :P i dunno.
    I know this only gets you so far. Ideally the music player would support streaming media and playlists. But as an alternative:

Amarok downloads the metadata for the entire collection. You can then drag that into Amarok's playlist. I think with API this is the expected behaviour, especially since it was designed alongside Amarok's support for Ampache. What I dont get is why I can't create a stream from the web interface and have it play. Making things even stranger is that an Ampache stream is contained in index.php and the "filename" that music players see is just a parameter. This file has a .ogg extension even though it is usually an mp3. The test I did with ampachpre looks like it is using the .ogg extension (original file is a .flac which is transcoded to mp3 for streaming). Yet it played.
    Quote Originally Posted by okasaki View Post
    For those that actually have apache server up and running correctly I am pretty sure that you will need your external IP (the single IP given to you by your isp, before modems and routers). From there you will probably need to forward your ports to the ip of the server you have set up. Hopefully, this helps a lot of people that actually got things up and running. Of course, I have not even made it that far.

Ampache 3.5.1 installed
    XAMPP installed
    Apache and MySQL services running
    Path = C:\XAMPP\htdocs\Ampache\Config

I can access http://localhost/ampache just fine, however, when I go to create my config file in step 2 ampache cannot find the config file. I have checked my ACL settings, removed RSS feed section, tried using different/same usernames in steps 1/2 all to no avail. User account has full permission, but no matter I continue to receive an error "Config File Not Found or Unreadable." I also copied my entire XAMPP directory to program files but am still at a loss...

Along the rocky process of attempting to get this to work (still to no avail), I think I came across your same issue.

It was a simple fix for me actually. I ended up finding out that XP would re-name the config file that it makes you download and save into the ampache/config folder. XP adds an extra underscore "_" in there. I removed it and it immediately worked.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Along the rocky process of attempting to get this to work (still to no avail), I think I came across your same issue.

It was a simple fix for me actually. I ended up finding out that XP would re-name the config file that it makes you download and save into the ampache/config folder. XP adds an extra underscore "_" in there. I removed it and it immediately worked.
    Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about Windows mangling the file name. It might help to enclose the filename in quotes when you save it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    In your apache error log see if you can find the message where ampachpre is trying to log in.
    Well the odd thing that I've noticed is that it seems that the Pre app only seems to be throwing a ping to the Ampache server.

Code:
    GET /server/xml.server.php?action=ping HTTP/1.1
    The action itself responds with a 200, which is valid, but I don't see a followup response to attempt the handshake.

Perhaps I'm just missing something here.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPokes View Post
    Well the odd thing that I've noticed is that it seems that the Pre app only seems to be throwing a ping to the Ampache server.

Code:
    GET /server/xml.server.php?action=ping HTTP/1.1
    The action itself responds with a 200, which is valid, but I don't see a followup response to attempt the handshake.

Perhaps I'm just missing something here.
    Look for something like this:

Code:
    pre.ip.address - - [25/Aug/2009:12:55:22 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=d9972e780070bd5906b1d1283cdf6ff554d90acf5b745c9422df77c795a5611c&timestamp=1251222920529&version=350001&user=xxx HTTP/1.1" 200 146
    Nice, the new version of ApachPre works great! Good job!
    Ok, so I downloaded the new version of AmpachePre 1.0.2, and used my IP address (that my router connects to, NOT the one my computer connects to by the way) with a /ampache behind it and it worked (while my pre was using Wi-Fi). The music streamed, etc, worked perfectly!

But then, as with each step of the way doing this entire process, I ran into another hurdle. I switched to EVDO so I can use this OUTSIDE of my house on the road for example, and of course, now it does not work. I used the same setup with the IP address my router connects to 000.000.000.000/ampache but no longer works now, searches forever. My router has the appropriate ports opened. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the new version of AmpachePre 1.0.2, and used my IP address (that my router connects to, NOT the one my computer connects to by the way) with a /ampache behind it and it worked (while my pre was using Wi-Fi). The music streamed, etc, worked perfectly!

But then, as with each step of the way doing this entire process, I ran into another hurdle. I switched to EVDO so I can use this OUTSIDE of my house on the road for example, and of course, now it does not work. I used the same setup with the IP address my router connects to 000.000.000.000/ampache but no longer works now, searches forever. My router has the appropriate ports opened. Any ideas?
    Hmm, I am listening over EVDO from work at the moment. Just to clarify, your Ip address is not in the 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x networks, correct?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Look for something like this:

Code:
    pre.ip.address - - [25/Aug/2009:12:55:22 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=d9972e780070bd5906b1d1283cdf6ff554d90acf5b745c9422df77c795a5611c&timestamp=1251222920529&version=350001&user=xxx HTTP/1.1" 200 146
    Yeah, that was what I was seeing before. Now, looking back in my logs, all I see are the ping messages from my Pre. I did upgrade to the latest version AmpachPre, so not sure where things stopped working. Odd that I saw it in the logs before, thus where I was recreating the ACL error, but now all I see is the ping. I even went as far as to remove the app and reinstall.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Yeah, that was what I was seeing before. Now, looking back in my logs, all I see are the ping messages from my Pre. I did upgrade to the latest version AmpachPre, so not sure where things stopped working. Odd that I saw it in the logs before, thus where I was recreating the ACL error, but now all I see is the ping. I even went as far as to remove the app and reinstall.
    The ping was added last night in an unreleased build, it was the most obvious difference between what amarok and ampachpre were doing. Dunno why you are not getting past it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The ping was added last night in an unreleased build...
    Now I'm really confused, as not sure how I would possibly have an unreleased build. I pulled from the gallery this afternoon.

The short of it is, I do get a ping...and it proxies back to Ampache, but at this point that is the only request coming across.
    Hmm, I am listening over EVDO from work at the moment. Just to clarify, your Ip address is not in the 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x networks, correct?
    My IP is neither of those two.

Does your EVDO and WiFi (while at home) account setup use the same IP and path?
    www.Dyndns.com
    Go there so you can Point a hostname to a dynamic or static IP address or URL.
    very easy to do, then log into your router,go to "dynamic DNS" and put in your info..badabing!
    fain,
    thanks for putting together that guide. I believe I have everything setup correctly now, but when I go to log in through ampachepre, I'm getting a login error saying I probably have the wrong address. However, I can access ampache through the pre's browser and can login just fine there, so I know I'm typing in the correct address (this is running the pre on my home wifi).

so
    1) what do I need to correct to get ampachepre to log in correctly?
    2) how do I set up my router or whatever needs to be done so that I can access ampache when I'm not at home over EVDO. Which ip address do I use if it's not that local IP as described in your how-to write up?

Sorry for the q's, but as I said all this address stuff is a bit confusing for someone who doesn't deal with this a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one confused about this. Thanks!
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Now I'm really confused, as not sure how I would possibly have an unreleased build. I pulled from the gallery this afternoon.

The short of it is, I do get a ping...and it proxies back to Ampache, but at this point that is the only request coming across.
    Sorry, let me clear that up. I was collecting information for fain yesterday of a working amarok login and a non-working ampachpre login. The first thing that jumped out at me is that Amarok is doing a handshake before authorizing the session. Fain added that in a build for testing. The handshake remains in the 1.0.2 code, apparently. Do you know how to use wireshark? If you do you might want to sniff the connection between your phone and ampache. That was very helpful.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    My IP is neither of those two.

Does your EVDO and WiFi (while at home) account setup use the same IP and path?
    I haven't tried via WIFI at home yet, but there is no reason to think it will work differently. And actually I do know that on WIFI I was still connecting to Ampache, but with the failed login problem.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    fain,
    thanks for putting together that guide. I believe I have everything setup correctly now, but when I go to log in through ampachepre, I'm getting a login error saying I probably have the wrong address. However, I can access ampache through the pre's browser and can login just fine there, so I know I'm typing in the correct address (this is running the pre on my home wifi).

so
    1) what do I need to correct to get ampachepre to log in correctly?
    2) how do I set up my router or whatever needs to be done so that I can access ampache when I'm not at home over EVDO. Which ip address do I use if it's not that local IP as described in your how-to write up?

Sorry for the q's, but as I said all this address stuff is a bit confusing for someone who doesn't deal with this a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one confused about this. Thanks!
    In ampachpre enter the same address you are using to correct to the browser but do not put the protocol (http://) in front of the address.

If you are using a router you need to find out its WAN (internet) IP address. This is the one you should use for connecting to Ampache.

As to the rest you will have to consult your router's documentation as it is different for each router. To access your Ampache installation from EVDO (regardless of where you are physically located) you will have to configure your router two do one of two things. You can either put your Ampache server in the DMZ, which exposes that computer to the internet using your WAN Ip address. If you put it in the DMZ and in particular if you are using Windows then you need to make sure that you are using a firewall on your server. But with the local firewall you have to make sure port 80 is open. The steps to do this depend on your firewall but shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Alternately you can configure your router to forward port 80 to the internal address of your Ampache server. And if you have a firewall configured on your Ampache server, make sure you have port 80 open on it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Sorry, let me clear that up. I was collecting information for fain yesterday of a working amarok login and a non-working ampachpre login. The first thing that jumped out at me is that Amarok is doing a handshake before authorizing the session. Fain added that in a build for testing. The handshake remains in the 1.0.2 code, apparently. Do you know how to use wireshark? If you do you might want to sniff the connection between your phone and ampache. That was very helpful.
    Thanks for the responses. I'll take a look more tonight, as I've been using Ampache for years and would love to have the capabilities on my phone.

At this point I went from a failed ACL to no handshake taking place, but the communication is taking place and showing up in the logs (at least the ping).

This may be a silly question, but looking back at most of the posts I feel like I may need to verify; there is nothing in place that is expecting a URL past the domain level, is there? For example, by virtual of name based virtual hosting and proxying requests, my Ampache server listens directly at the domain level, thus my AmpachPre configuration looks like ampache.server.com with no trailing URL after the domain. I'm making the assumption that it wouldn't, based on the fact that the ping is correct and is hitting my ampache server, but want to cover all bases.

Thanks.
    I guess my main problem is the lack of the ability for computers (including the Pre on EVDO) OUTSIDE of my home network to connect to my computer via my WAN IP address.

I signed up for a domain at DynDNS and inserted it into my router, but still does not work.

Within the network (all home computers) everything streams flawlessly.

Confused.