Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1046
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    Hi !

First of all, are there to different apps for Ampache ? AmpachPre and Ampache ?

Secondly, I'm also looking for an app for Spotify. It is a streaming service for music as well. And I'm a paying customer there.
    They don't have an app for WebOS yet, but for iPhone, Android etc.
    Would it be of interest for you to implement Spotify into this app ?
    The reason you haven't found apps for webOS is that Spotify only provides its API for PCs. They don't provide mobile access for developers. All the other Spotify apps on other platforms are written and released by them.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Ok. Thanks for the answer.

I suppose there is no use in approaching Spotify and ask if they are interrested in having someone help them with ann app? :-)
    Seriously wonderful. I spent a few hours setting this up last night (first attempt doing anything like this) and thanks to your step by step guide and the guides on the wiki I was able to get it running.

I just had one question, what resolution is the Album Cover Artwork set at and can that be changed? Or are there any tricks to just make them appear more clear?

Thanks again
    Last edited by Mark.Funk; 10/08/2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Spelling, I can't spell...
  4.    #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark.Funk View Post
    Seriously wonderful. I spent a few hours setting this up last night (first attempt doing anything like this) and thanks to your step by step guide and the guides on the wiki I was able to get it running.

I just had one question, what resolution is the Album Cover Artwork set at and can that be changed? Or are there any tricks to just make them appear more clear?

Thanks again
    if I remember correctly the album art is at 320x320 and resizes for and notification that may arive. As far as making them clearer you could put a higher rez pic in ampaches album art. I have a few that show up pixelated but don't have time to sort out that kind of stuff.

I hear ya on the connection issues. I have the poblem at work as well. That's why I put the download manager in.

thanks for the feedback glad you like it. Hopefully I can find the time to start developing on this again. There's a few bugs I'd like to squash still. And a few minor features I'd like to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    if I remember correctly the album art is at 320x320 and resizes for and notification that may arive. As far as making them clearer you could put a higher rez pic in ampaches album art. I have a few that show up pixelated but don't have time to sort out that kind of stuff.

I hear ya on the connection issues. I have the poblem at work as well. That's why I put the download manager in.

thanks for the feedback glad you like it. Hopefully I can find the time to start developing on this again. There's a few bugs I'd like to squash still. And a few minor features I'd like to add.
    Thanks for the quick response Fain. I'll have to go through and change my album artwork when I have some spare time.
    I am not sure where issue is (Ampache or AmpachePre) or even if things are working as designed...

When I select Random play from AmpachePre many times I get only 1 song in playlist or maybe only 3 (haven't figured out pattern).

Should I expect more songs to be put in playlist? Can it be made to play indefinately?

Also, it doesn't seem to be very random. On seperate invocations Random will cluster within artist it seems like.

Thanks,

John
  7.    #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr396 View Post
    I am not sure where issue is (Ampache or AmpachePre) or even if things are working as designed...

When I select Random play from AmpachePre many times I get only 1 song in playlist or maybe only 3 (haven't figured out pattern).

Should I expect more songs to be put in playlist? Can it be made to play indefinately?

Also, it doesn't seem to be very random. On seperate invocations Random will cluster within artist it seems like.

Thanks,

John
    well as far as the randomness goes. The algorithim picks a random number between 1 and the max amount of songs you have on the server and puts that in the list.

you can configure how many songs you want it to retrieve in the acount options.
    well as far as the randomness goes. The algorithim picks a random number between 1 and the max amount of songs you have on the server and puts that in the list.

you can configure how many songs you want it to retrieve in the acount options.
    Thanks...

I have it set to retreive 30 but it rarely returns more than one (sometimes I see it retreive up to 3). I wonder if things are timing out somewhere.

I will also get a feel for what is happening with the randomness because with almost 30,000 tracks something is not right.
  9.    #1009  
    Thanks...

I have it set to retreive 30 but it rarely returns more than one (sometimes I see it retreive up to 3). I wonder if things are timing out somewhere.

I will also get a feel for what is happening with the randomness because with almost 30,000 tracks something is not right.
    hmm something sounds wrong, I have not seen this problem yet. I'll take a look into the code and see if I see anything that could be the cause soon as I can.

do you have any downloaded songs?
    hmm something sounds wrong, I have not seen this problem yet. I'll take a look into the code and see if I see anything that could be the cause soon as I can.

do you have any downloaded songs?
    A little more information...

If I use Ampache directly (via Web interface) and click on Random Artist I get similar odd behavior: First time clicked one track is added. Click again 2 tracks are added. Click a 3rd time and a small number of tracks are added.

This looks like an issue with my Ampache so I will take it to those forums.

Thanks for quick response,

John
  11.    #1011  
    A little more information...

If I use Ampache directly (via Web interface) and click on Random Artist I get similar odd behavior: First time clicked one track is added. Click again 2 tracks are added. Click a 3rd time and a small number of tracks are added.

This looks like an issue with my Ampache so I will take it to those forums.

Thanks for quick response,

John
    little weird though, I use a completely separate algorithm to gather the playlist than ampache does. At least I think I do. I have not looked at ampaches code in that area. Let me know what you find out.
    Hi,
    Ive been using AmpachePre for a while now and like it a lot. My 3G signal varies quite a bit so I rely on buffering to keep it playing. I've noticed that it wont start loading the next song until the current one is nearly finished. However when I have a weak signal there's a break until enough buffer fills up.

Is it possible to put 2 or 3 songs into the buffer so that they load when I have a good signal and I then shouldn't have any break while waiting to load.

Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I haven't the heart to start searching through 50 pages.

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Is it possible to put 2 or 3 songs into the buffer so that they load when I have a good signal and I then shouldn't have any break while waiting to load.
    Yes...but it is by account (I have 2 accounts on my pre, one for "Internet" and one for "wi-fi")

It is called "Smart Buffering". I think there is more information at ampache-mobile - Project Hosting on Google Code

Go to "Preferences", click on an account under "Accounts", go to "Extras", and look at "# of Buffers".
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    It is called "Smart Buffering". I think there is more information at ampache-mobile - Project Hosting on Google Code
    You're speaking about Ampache Mobile right? I'm wondering is something similar possible in AmpachePre?

Gx
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    You're speaking about Ampache Mobile right? I'm wondering is something similar possible in AmpachePre?

Gx
    No there isn't anything like this in AmpachPre. I would have to rewrite the a lot of the audio player to add this. I can add a configuration option for the percentage on which to start buffering the next song pretty easily. Maybe this would help.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

No there isn't anything like this in AmpachPre. I would have to rewrite the a lot of the audio player to add this. I can add a configuration option for the percentage on which to start buffering the next song pretty easily. Maybe this would help.
    Sounds great thanks, so setting it to 0%, it would then immediately start loading the next song as soon as the current one started playing.

Gx
  17.    #1017  
    I wouldn't want to send multiple requests out splitting up bandwidth. This would choke the network and cause problems with the current song playing. It will be something like 60-100% 0 being as soon as the current song is loaded in memory. Maybe I'll have to dig into the code sometime and figure it out. There's a few other things I'd like to fix/change as well.
    I wouldn't want to send multiple requests out splitting up bandwidth. This would choke the network and cause problems with the current song playing. It will be something like 60-100% 0 being as soon as the current song is loaded in memory. Maybe I'll have to dig into the code sometime and figure it out. There's a few other things I'd like to fix/change as well.
    Great, looking forward to trying it out.
    Gx
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just tried AmpachPre because Ampache Mobile doesn't work right under 2.1. I must say, although I like the presentation (icons, colors, etc) of Ampache Mobile better, AmpachePre is MUCH lighter on resources and more stable.

Thanks for a great app! I was ready to doctor back to 1.4.5 because I couldn't use my Ampache server anymore. Now, I don't have to.

So, any chance of an Exhibition screen with album art?
  20.    #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by hegemon13 View Post
    Just tried AmpachPre because Ampache Mobile doesn't work right under 2.1. I must say, although I like the presentation (icons, colors, etc) of Ampache Mobile better, AmpachePre is MUCH lighter on resources and more stable.

Thanks for a great app! I was ready to doctor back to 1.4.5 because I couldn't use my Ampache server anymore. Now, I don't have to.

So, any chance of an Exhibition screen with album art?
    I have not dug into 2.x yet. When/If I do finally take the plunge I'll look into Exhibition and what other api's that have opened up.

Good to know AmpachPre works in WebOS 2.1 thanks
    AmpachPre, your music your way.