Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1046
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    So I got ampache running, and I'm currently streaming music on my pre using the web interface. I installed ampachpre and configured it. I can log in to my account just fine, but I can't get anything to load. It just sits at the loading screen eternally and no albums/songs/artists will pop up no matter what I hit. Is there something I need to do before I can use ampachpre? I don't really see what the problem could be because I can use the web interface from my phone just fine.
    not sure what's goin on here. There is a bug in search right now that will be fixed in the next version. It probably is in random play as well. But browse by artist, album etc. should work fine. Have you tried those?
    It turns out it had something to do with the ampache server messing up the character encoding of certain mp3s (they were all english, I'm not really sure what happened). I suspect that WebOS couldn't really figure out what to do (my browser spits out garbage characters) and that was causing it to hang.
  3.    #983  
    • Fixed a bug preventing searching all when no downloads are present.
    • Added 'add all from playlist' to now playing command on playlist scene.
    • Added a play icon, timer and buffer status on the now playing row in list view.
    • Added a command to scroll to the now playing song.
    • random play from downloads now has a 25% chance.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    It turns out it had something to do with the ampache server messing up the character encoding of certain mp3s (they were all english, I'm not really sure what happened). I suspect that WebOS couldn't really figure out what to do (my browser spits out garbage characters) and that was causing it to hang.
    Just curious, did you find a way to get around this?

First of all, my apologies if this subject has been already dealt with in this thread. It is almost impossible to go through the 50 pages, so I've done some searching and found nothing about it.

I would like to know if there is a possibility of showing lyrics in the ampache client, and if so, of course, how to do it. For non native English speakers this is a great feature.

I've just installed the server (linux-ubuntu lucid lynx) and the client in my Pre. After some fight (nothing ever works the first time), it is up and running. It's really amazing. Millions of thanks to all who make this possible.
  6.    #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by naiki View Post
    First of all, my apologies if this subject has been already dealt with in this thread. It is almost impossible to go through the 50 pages, so I've done some searching and found nothing about it.

I would like to know if there is a possibility of showing lyrics in the ampache client, and if so, of course, how to do it. For non native English speakers this is a great feature.

I've just installed the server (linux-ubuntu lucid lynx) and the client in my Pre. After some fight (nothing ever works the first time), it is up and running. It's really amazing. Millions of thanks to all who make this possible.
    There is no way to get lyrics directly from Ampache. So I built lyric search into AmpachPre. Just tap the name of the song on either Now Playing scene.

Ok, so I followed to instruction for Ampache 2.5.4 from here (http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...vista32bit.pdf).

I have finished ALL the steap EXCEPT the last step

I downloaded AmpachePre and got my external IP. But I don't know what to input inside the ampache pre phone fields.

Ampache Username:
    Ampache Password:
    Are these the u/n and p/w when accessing through localhost? Like your admin password for adding music on your computer?

Ampache sevrer address:
    Is this just the external IP? xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?

Connection Port
    Streaming Port
    Download Directory
    Use SSL On/Off
    I dont even know what these things are...

I am running WinVista64 with an ATT Uverse connection

I have a complicated network i Guess.
    My modem/router is plugged into the wall and 1 computer downstairs. A 50ft CAT5 connects that modem/router to another router (lynksys) and the router connects it to my pc.

Yes, I know its complicated. So here is what I was going to do. Port Forward on the modem/router to the IP that is assigned to my linksys router, then port forward from my linksys router to the IPv4 on my pc.

But which external IP do I use to connect? Do i grab the IP from MY pc or the one hooked directly into the modems?

UPDATE:
    I got the application working over WIFI. I set up a port forward in the original router to go to my router's IPv4 Address and the another forward to my PC's (ampache)'s IPv4. But when i try to connect witht he external IP from WHATISMYIP.COM, I recieve "Ping Success" under AmpachePre in the main screen, and this error.

PING EVENT FAIL, Check the directory field in account settings, or wrong server

My directory field is just Ampache-3.5.4, just like the wifi account that works.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong here...
    Last edited by Falstaf; 07/02/2010 at 09:37 PM.
  8.    #988  
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaf View Post
    Ok, so I followed to instruction for Ampache 2.5.4 from here (http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...vista32bit.pdf).

I have finished ALL the steap EXCEPT the last step

I downloaded AmpachePre and got my external IP. But I don't know what to input inside the ampache pre phone fields.

Ampache Username:
    Ampache Password:
    Are these the u/n and p/w when accessing through localhost? Like your admin password for adding music on your computer?
    yes
    Ampache sevrer address:
    Is this just the external IP? xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?
    yes
    Connection Port
    Streaming Port
    Download Directory
    Use SSL On/Off
    I dont even know what these things are...
    These are advanced settings. They are only needed if you are using encryption over SSL to authenticate.
    I am running WinVista64 with an ATT Uverse connection

I have a complicated network i Guess.
    My modem/router is plugged into the wall and 1 computer downstairs. A 50ft CAT5 connects that modem/router to another router (lynksys) and the router connects it to my pc.
    ha, sounds like my network.
    Yes, I know its complicated. So here is what I was going to do. Port Forward on the modem/router to the IP that is assigned to my linksys router, then port forward from my linksys router to the IPv4 on my pc.

But which external IP do I use to connect? Do i grab the IP from MY pc or the one hooked directly into the modems?

UPDATE:
    I got the application working over WIFI. I set up a port forward in the original router to go to my router's IPv4 Address and the another forward to my PC's (ampache)'s IPv4. But when i try to connect witht he external IP from WHATISMYIP.COM, I recieve "Ping Success" under AmpachePre in the main screen, and this error.

PING EVENT FAIL, Check the directory field in account settings, or wrong server

My directory field is just Ampache-3.5.4, just like the wifi account that works.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong here...
    O didn't see this till i answered the other questions

URLs are case sensitive. Make sure the directory matches the case of the real directory.

The compiled url is shown to you while logging in, does this url look right? Can you get the web interface to work in the pres web browser?

so i followed all the directions nd im on the log in screen but when i type my username and password i press log in and it doesnt do nething it just blanks out the user name and password
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenisdope View Post
    so i followed all the directions nd im on the log in screen but when i type my username and password i press log in and it doesnt do nething it just blanks out the user name and password
    I assume you are talking about the web interface. You might try enabling logs to see what it has to say. Do you have cookies disabled or javascript disabled?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am a windows 7 user. Do you have any directions for that version of windows?
    Last edited by kaneadsha jones; 07/11/2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Kaneadsha
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneadsha jones View Post
    I don't even own a copy of 7. I believe people have gotten it work with the same instructions though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneadsha jones View Post
    I'm on Windows 7, the instructions here are pretty good.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/200423-ampache-mobile-72.html
    This is the greatest App EVER.... I am even able to covert DVD's with Handbrake and watch them using this... Someone is a genius...
    just replaced orb, thanks fain
    Can anyone help me? I get all the way through the process of setting up acl then I'm stuck. I tried connecting with my pre but it says it won't connect. Do I need to open ports on my router or what? Please help. I've spent about 8 hours trying to do this and I'm just not seeing how it is so easy.
    My Apache server uses user name and password authentication. This doesn't seem to be supported by AmpachPre. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey2004 View Post
    Do I need to open ports on my router or what? Please help.
    When I was working through it it helped in debugging to get it working with wireless (802.11) on local LAN first. This will reduce risk that there are issues with firewalls as you will not be going over the Internet to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey2004 View Post
    Do I need to open ports on my router or what?
    If you want to listen from outside of your LAN you need to open the streaming ports to you webserver for tcp. If using https this most probably would be 443 and without https 80.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr396
    My Apache server uses user name and password authentication. This doesn't seem to be supported by AmpachPre. Am I missing something?
    Authentication via htaccess? I doubt that ampachepre supports this and will ever support it. You should create separate regions (i.e. folders) for secure content and open content in your htdocs directory. Ampache should then be located in the latter.
    Hi !

First of all, are there two different apps for Ampache ? AmpachPre and Ampache ?

Secondly, I'm also looking for an app for Spotify. It is a streaming service for music as well. And I'm a paying customer there.
    They don't have an app for WebOS yet, but for iPhone, Android etc.
    Would it be of interest for you to implement Spotify into this app ?
    Last edited by Patriq Backlund; 09/17/2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: misspelt word