Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1046
  1. #941  
    I just keep getting connection timeout. everything on my PC is fine. here is what I am trying on the pre:

    Account Name: 'my account name' (not sure if this is correct. where do i find it)
    URL: http://192.168.1.XXX/ampache/ampache-3.5.4
    Username: 'my user name'
    Password: 'my password'

    I made sure port 80 is open and i also made sure my firewall is off. W T F!!!!

    PS - should i have xampp running when i try to connect with my pre? I have tried both ways and still getting timed out.
  2. #942  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I just keep getting connection timeout. everything on my PC is fine. here is what I am trying on the pre:

    Account Name: 'my account name' (not sure if this is correct. where do i find it)
    URL: http://192.168.1.XXX/ampache/ampache-3.5.4
    Username: 'my user name'
    Password: 'my password'

    I made sure port 80 is open and i also made sure my firewall is off. W T F!!!!

    PS - should i have xampp running when i try to connect with my pre? I have tried both ways and still getting timed out.
    See if anything on this page helps... Common Issues
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I just keep getting connection timeout. everything on my PC is fine. here is what I am trying on the pre:

    Account Name: 'my account name' (not sure if this is correct. where do i find it)
    URL: [url]
    Username: 'my user name'
    Password: 'my password'

    I made sure port 80 is open and i also made sure my firewall is off. W T F!!!!

    PS - should i have xampp running when i try to connect with my pre? I have tried both ways and still getting timed out.
    are you using ampachpre or ampache mobile? The acount name is what ever you want. Just for display purposes.
  4. #944  
    I ran into this problem and I just reboot my computer and make sure I can get to ampache from the web ie.. http://mjcomxxx.homx.net/ampache if I can access the login page from the internet then I just restart my Pre and it works 99% of the time.
  5. #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I just keep getting connection timeout. everything on my PC is fine. here is what I am trying on the pre:...
    Check out the page Common Terms too

    But...
    - you MUST have your Apache server running (in your case xampp) or AmpachPre will not work. Think of AmpachPre as a super-dupper remote with a speaker and a headphone jack that is missing the on/off button. It controls the Ampache Music Server. If the server is turned off, the remote does not work.
    Last edited by wilderf; 05/02/2010 at 07:18 AM.
  6. #946  
    aacPlusEnc 0.17.1 built for Win32 w/ Cygwin.
    http://markspark.net/slasha/aacplusenc-0.17.1.rar

    Gotta keep the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.

    I need anyone working on HE-AACv2 transcoding in Ampache on Windows to test this out. If it works well, I'll piece together a complete guide.
  7. #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    aacPlusEnc 0.17.1 built for Win32 w/ Cygwin.
    http://markspark.net/slasha/aacplusenc-0.17.1.rar

    Gotta keep the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.

    I need anyone working on HE-AACv2 transcoding in Ampache on Windows to test this out. If it works well, I'll piece together a complete guide.
    Awesome, I'll do this as soon as I get off work!
  8. #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbetter View Post
    aacPlusEnc 0.17.1 built for Win32 w/ Cygwin.
    http://markspark.net/slasha/aacplusenc-0.17.1.rar

    Gotta keep the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.

    I need anyone working on HE-AACv2 transcoding in Ampache on Windows to test this out. If it works well, I'll piece together a complete guide.
    Wanna put your guide on the Ampache Mobile google code wiki? PM me and i'll get you setup.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  9. #949  
    FYI, from bjgeiser's thread:

    Awesome wiki, bjgeiser, their was some stuff in there that I didn't know about, so now I have it set up to be a little bit more efficient:

    I didn't see a link posted so here's the official wiki:
    Ampache Mobile Guide to transcoding to AAC+

    This should work for Windows users now too. Through researching we determined that their was not a suitable encoder that Windows could use. Thanks to mbetter, this has been corrected.
  10. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    FYI, from bjgeiser's thread:

    Awesome wiki, bjgeiser, their was some stuff in there that I didn't know about, so now I have it set up to be a little bit more efficient:

    I didn't see a link posted so here's the official wiki:
    Ampache Mobile Guide to transcoding to AAC+

    This should work for Windows users now too. Through researching we determined that their was not a suitable encoder that Windows could use. Thanks to mbetter, this has been corrected.
    I continue to get decode errors, but I've moved my Ampache server (back) to Gentoo, and Ampache 3.5.3 is the current version in portage. The Ampache thread does mention needing 3.5.4. Trying to see if a newer version has made it in to portage recently, otherwise I will roll a custom ebuild for it.
  11. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #951  
    It seems that, at least for flac, the supplied transcoding commands are improperly formatted. The command is:

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip=%OFFSET% --until=%EOF% %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %BITRATE%
    In the ampache log I get:

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip=yy.zz --until=bb.cc filename | aacplusenc - - 48
    But the flac man page says the command wants (and I confirmed this by running it through the command line):

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip xx:yy.zz --until=aa:bb.cc ....
    I removed the --skip and --until parameters and it seems to work. Still doing testing.

    I upgraded to ampache 3.5.4.
    Last edited by angiest; 05/05/2010 at 11:07 AM.
  12. #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    It seems that, at least for flac, the supplied transcoding commands are improperly formatted. The command is:

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip=%OFFSET% --until=%EOF% %FILE% | aacplusenc - - %BITRATE%
    In the ampache log I get:

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip=yy.zz --until=bb.cc filename | aacplusenc - - 48
    But the flac man page says the command wants (and I confirmed this by running it through the command line):

    Code:
    flac -dc --skip xx:yy.zz --until=aa:bb.cc ....
    I removed the --skip and --until parameters and it seems to work. Still doing testing.

    I upgraded to ampache 3.5.4.
    I think this post will help you with your flac Poojan's Tech Blog / Setting up aacplusenc with Ampache
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #953  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I think this post will help you with your flac Poojan's Tech Blog / Setting up aacplusenc with Ampache
    Looks like that's what I need, but it is for the development version of Ampache. It is probably easy to add it to the stable version but I don't know where in the file it belongs. I'll dig some more and see if I can find it, or I can roll another custom ebuild...
  14. #954  
    Wow. I am so enticed by these discussions and would like try Ampache but I am very new at all this and bewildered by the complicated instructions to install Ampache on my PC let alone on my Pre. Can anyone help? Is there a simple installer package I can use without all this complicated commands etc? Or if not is there an easy step by step? I am at a loss.

    My laptop is 32 bit windows Vista, my desktop is windows XP. I would love to get both these and my Pre connected.

    Grateful for any help anyone can provide!
  15. #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Wow. I am so enticed by these discussions and would like try Ampache but I am very new at all this and bewildered by the complicated instructions to install Ampache on my PC let alone on my Pre. Can anyone help? Is there a simple installer package I can use without all this complicated commands etc? Or if not is there an easy step by step? I am at a loss.

    My laptop is 32 bit windows Vista, my desktop is windows XP. I would love to get both these and my Pre connected.

    Grateful for any help anyone can provide!
    Closest thing to a guide for dummies is this... Fains Guide
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  16.    #956  

    2.1.3 Wednesday, May 12 2010

    • Notification will no longer show when resuming after pause.
    • Improved the song tracker stability.
    • added status information to download playlists
    • Improved the "Get Playlists" algorithm
    • added "recently added" to home scene. (reset home scene to see this option)
    • Downloads are now searchable from the home scene in category "all"
    • Random play now includes random from downloads
    • fixed a problem if you canceled the category select submenu it would hang the search
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  17. #957  
    Hi fain,

    thanks for the work, I like AmpachPre (so much so that I wanted to donate something, but You are not accepting PayPal payments from outside USA).
    Downloading is essential for me, so that I can get my Music before going somewhere with no or bad Data connection.

    I have two feature requests, one cosmetic and the other a little more funtional:

    1. In the "Now Playing List" I would like to hav a kind of Highlight for the playing tune, e.g. Background shading of the list entry or different color or bolder text.
    2. I would like to add the "Playlist" to the "Now Playing List" instead of replacing the "Now Playing List". Either a preference to switch between standard behaviour and the suggested or an extra menu in the Playlist scene would be fine.

    Thanks again for Your work, maybe You consider the requests. If You change Your PayPal status so I can donate, let me know.

    Thanks
    Ralf
  18.    #958  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    Hi fain,

    thanks for the work, I like AmpachPre (so much so that I wanted to donate something, but You are not accepting PayPal payments from outside USA).
    Downloading is essential for me, so that I can get my Music before going somewhere with no or bad Data connection.

    I have two feature requests, one cosmetic and the other a little more funtional:

    1. In the "Now Playing List" I would like to hav a kind of Highlight for the playing tune, e.g. Background shading of the list entry or different color or bolder text.
    2. I would like to add the "Playlist" to the "Now Playing List" instead of replacing the "Now Playing List". Either a preference to switch between standard behaviour and the suggested or an extra menu in the Playlist scene would be fine.

    Thanks again for Your work, maybe You consider the requests. If You change Your PayPal status so I can donate, let me know.

    Thanks
    Ralf
    Hay thanks! I opened up non us PayPal accounts. I guess that's what was blocking it.

    Number 1 I definitely want to do. I just need to figure out how first. There's a couple things I want to do like this. Have not had much time to research lately.

    Number 2 is very doable ill add it here soon for the next release.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  19. ckugo's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #959  
    I am using ampachpre, which works great from a pc and I can access via the web browser on the Pre. When I type in the server address of: 192.168.1.99/ampache-3.5.4. It says:

    The address field has the a(/). This field should only be the domain no quotes or special characters.

    Can someone help me out with this?

    Thanks,
    Chris
  20. ckugo's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #960  
    Nevermind. Just having a moment. Scrolled down to find all the options.

    Thanks,
    Chris

Posting Permissions