Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    would it be possible to search in downloads? Right now t seems that to find a particular track you have to do sa vgrep of the list.
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrendzack View Post
    First off want to say Thanks for a super front-end to my Ampache server. I have a question/bug. On "Get Playlist" from the server I seem to Hang up, Everything else is running smooth. I have tried off my network and on it. Just sits and spins and spins, Only 1 playlist and its 42 songs long. -.^ spose i could be not lazy and just remake it on the phone. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.
    Thanks, this is the first feedback I have gotten on this function. I made a couple of quick play lists and downloaded them fine. I am not sure what could be hanging for you. Ill look into adding a status update to the scrim to see where it's hanging at.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thanks, this is the first feedback I have gotten on this function. I made a couple of quick play lists and downloaded them fine. I am not sure what could be hanging for you. Ill look into adding a status update to the scrim to see where it's hanging at.
    where's that feature at?
  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    would it be possible to search in downloads? Right now t seems that to find a particular track you have to do sa vgrep of the list.
    I want to add downloads into the search yes. I will have to code my own search function to search AmpachPre's database. Shouldn't be too hard just need the time. Might slow the search down a bit because I don't pull each downloaded playlist till you select one.

I'll see how it affects memory and performance.

5.    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    where's that feature at?
    Its in the app menu from the saved playlists scene.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Its in the app menu from the saved playlists scene.
    cool, I'll have to look into it.
    I've Deleted and Re-added my account, Double checked ports, and firewalls. Restarted phone, restarted server, and re-installed Ampachpre itself. Still no go. I'll keep poking and prodding to see what I can get for ya info wise on my server side.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    does anyone have any advice for transcoding? I just can't seem to get it to work. Whether it be from FLAC>mp3 or OGG>mp3, it just doesn't wanna work. In fact, in Ampache Mobile, it tells me "stream error, etc etc transcoding may be required." I have it enabled in the server options, and even in the config file I have it set to force FLAC transcoding, but not OGG. Any ideas? I can PM someone login info if it would help. Thanks guys
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    does anyone have any advice for transcoding? I just can't seem to get it to work. Whether it be from FLAC>mp3 or OGG>mp3, it just doesn't wanna work. In fact, in Ampache Mobile, it tells me "stream error, etc etc transcoding may be required." I have it enabled in the server options, and even in the config file I have it set to force FLAC transcoding, but not OGG. Any ideas? I can PM someone login info if it would help. Thanks guys
    Do you have lame installed and the config file pointing to the correct path?

You really need to turn logging "on", on the Ampache Server to see what is happening.

Look for "Transcoding not working" at CommonIssues - ampache-mobile
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    You really need to turn logging "on", on the Ampache Server to see what is happening.

Look for "Transcoding not working" at [url= - ampache-mobile[/url]
    and that link provides answers for every question I have. Much thanks. I will take a look at it when I get home from class.
    and that link provides answers for every question I have. Much thanks. I will take a look at it when I get home from class.
    Yes, your problem is not unique. We all pretty much hit the same issues. That's why some of us are trying to document solutions for common problems.

Maybe this will help someone else too...

Let us know how it turns out.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    quick question. it says that "In order for transcoding to work you must first install the supporting applications and ensure that they are executable by the webserver." where do I install those to, what exactly am i installing, and how do i verify that they are executable? this is where i get lost, seeing that it doesn't really address those questions. Thanks!
    quick question. it says that "In order for transcoding to work you must first install the supporting applications and ensure that they are executable by the webserver." where do I install those to, what exactly am i installing, and how do i verify that they are executable? this is where i get lost, seeing that it doesn't really address those questions. Thanks!
    Each program has it's own installer. You only need to download the programs you need for the type of transcoding you will be doing. Take a look at your ampache.cfg.php file and see what programs it uses for each transcode you will be using.

Example, here is the transcode command from the ampache.cfg.php :
    Code:
    transcode_cmd_m4a       = "faad -f 2 -w %FILE% | lame -r -b %SAMPLE% -S - -"
    This line will transcode m4a files into streaming mp3s. It uses both "faad" and "lame" programs. You can read about each program, where to download it, and how to install it at the above links (look at FACC for faad information)

Once you install the program, you should be able to open a dos window (or command window) and execute each program. If you can't, you may need to ask for additional help.
    Last edited by wilderf; 04/15/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I guess Ampache used to be used only by us geeks. The documentation was never that great but I muddled through it long before I heard of webOS. I guess apps such as this and Ampache Mobile, as well as Amdroid are bring Ampache to a wider audience.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok, i have thought of a better way to phrase my question. I went to the Lame website, Went to the Lame Related Links, and went to the LAME Binaries. I chose RareWares to download from, and this is where my selection issue arises. I picked LAME 3.98.4, FLAC 1.2.1b, ALAC, and also mp3split from the link in the transcoding section of the ampache mobile wiki.

My question is, is there a specific folder within my ampache folder where i place these files/folders? or is it somewhere within my windows install? this is where my confusion really is.

I realize that it says in the config file that they "must be installed manually and in the web server path, and executable by the web server". And thats fine. I'm just not sure where that would be. And i was able to execute all the files using a cmd window on my own. Don't know if that matters, but i could.
    this app is so freaking sweet. No longer must i put all of my faith in Pandora or Slacker. Took a little bit of time setting up user accounts (i have told my friends about my ampache server and they love it) and loading my music, but well worth the time.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nwkenning View Post
    this app is so freaking sweet. No longer must i put all of my faith in Pandora or Slacker. Took a little bit of time setting up user accounts (i have told my friends about my ampache server and they love it) and loading my music, but well worth the time.
    And there are Ampache apps for Android and iphone, if your friends have those.
    So I am in need of serious help. When I try to get ampache on the computer It keeps telling me database connection error or something like that, and the orange errors won't go away. I followed every step for the windows installation, but every time I get to that point the same thing happens. Will some one please help me. I've tried this for than five times with no success.

For the record I have Windows xp service pack 3 home edition. Can someone tell me if I am missing something. Or are the instuctions old. Please help me.
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    So I am in need of serious help. When I try to get ampache on the computer It keeps telling me database connection error or something like that, and the orange errors won't go away. I followed every step for the windows installation, but every time I get to that point the same thing happens. Will some one please help me. I've tried this for than five times with no success.

For the record I have Windows xp service pack 3 home edition. Can someone tell me if I am missing something. Or are the instuctions old. Please help me.
    make sure the mysql daemon/service is running. Also double check your passwords and database name.