Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1046
  1. #881  
    Hiya fain! I really love this app, but I am having a slight issue. I read through this thread and found that some people were having issues with MEDIA_ERR_DECODE errors. Like the previous posters, it could download but not stream -- if I let the next track buffer, it would play the next track just fine.

    This issue started right after I updated to WebOS 1.4, and despite the new releases of Ampachpre (which seemed to fix the problem for other people) it's still doing it for me. On the most recent version of Ampachpre, it's not working at all -- the autoreconnect on error is clobbering the downloading too. I've tried everything I can think of -- doctoring my phone, reinstalling ampache on my web server, forwarding different ports in my router -- and nothing's working. Do you have any ideas?

    Edit: Ubuntu 9.10, Ampache 3.5.4, AmpachPre 2.1.1, WebOS 1.4.1.1. Doesn't work over EVDO or wifi (and it did before, so I know I have my ports forwarded properly). I have a dyndns hostname set up and working for other services on my local network.
    Last edited by filefly; 04/09/2010 at 02:28 AM.
  2. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by filefly View Post
    Hiya fain! I really love this app, but I am having a slight issue. I read through this thread and found that some people were having issues with MEDIA_ERR_DECODE errors. Like the previous posters, it could download but not stream -- if I let the next track buffer, it would play the next track just fine.

    This issue started right after I updated to WebOS 1.4, and despite the new releases of Ampachpre (which seemed to fix the problem for other people) it's still doing it for me. On the most recent version of Ampachpre, it's not working at all -- the autoreconnect on error is clobbering the downloading too. I've tried everything I can think of -- doctoring my phone, reinstalling ampache on my web server, forwarding different ports in my router -- and nothing's working. Do you have any ideas?

    Edit: Ubuntu 9.10, Ampache 3.5.4, AmpachPre 2.1.1, WebOS 1.4.1.1. Doesn't work over EVDO or wifi (and it did before, so I know I have my ports forwarded properly). I have a dyndns hostname set up and working for other services on my local network.
    With 1.4.1.1 and the most recent Ampachpre I still have the MEDIA_DECODE_ERR when streaming over the wifi at work. However, I can use the Wifi on my laptop at work and stream from my Ampache server, so I really have no idea what is going on there. Annoying, but with the new method of caching it is less problematic since I don't lose the cached track if the playing track ends before the download is finished anymore. It would really be nice to get some debugging ability on this one.

    Have you tried Ampache Mobile? I tried it shortly after this problem started for and it also failed on Wifi at work.
  3.    #883  
    • Fixed a problem with streaming to some web servers (Mad props to alex3683 for the patch!)
    • Fixed a problem with the random track fetch field in account not displaying correctly.
    • Fixed a issue to play all in universal search results.
    • Fixed a issue with clear now playing.</LI>
    • Fixed a issue that if you skipped and the next track hadn't started loading yet, the audio wouldn't continue till you skipped again.
    • If you click on a artist with 1 album it will display a list of songs instead of the album first.
    • Added Genre to universal search.
    • Added the ability to bookmark downloaded songs.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  4.    #884  
    Quote Originally Posted by filefly View Post
    Hiya fain! I really love this app, but I am having a slight issue. I read through this thread and found that some people were having issues with MEDIA_ERR_DECODE errors. Like the previous posters, it could download but not stream -- if I let the next track buffer, it would play the next track just fine.

    This issue started right after I updated to WebOS 1.4, and despite the new releases of Ampachpre (which seemed to fix the problem for other people) it's still doing it for me. On the most recent version of Ampachpre, it's not working at all -- the autoreconnect on error is clobbering the downloading too. I've tried everything I can think of -- doctoring my phone, reinstalling ampache on my web server, forwarding different ports in my router -- and nothing's working. Do you have any ideas?

    Edit: Ubuntu 9.10, Ampache 3.5.4, AmpachPre 2.1.1, WebOS 1.4.1.1. Doesn't work over EVDO or wifi (and it did before, so I know I have my ports forwarded properly). I have a dyndns hostname set up and working for other services on my local network.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    With 1.4.1.1 and the most recent Ampachpre I still have the MEDIA_DECODE_ERR when streaming over the wifi at work. However, I can use the Wifi on my laptop at work and stream from my Ampache server, so I really have no idea what is going on there. Annoying, but with the new method of caching it is less problematic since I don't lose the cached track if the playing track ends before the download is finished anymore. It would really be nice to get some debugging ability on this one.

    Have you tried Ampache Mobile? I tried it shortly after this problem started for and it also failed on Wifi at work.
    Alex and I have been working on his server problem. AmpachPre is working with his server now. Update to 2.1.2 and see if it is the same problem.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  5. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Alex and I have been working on his server problem. AmpachPre is working with his server now. Update to 2.1.2 and see if it is the same problem.

    So what wound up being the problem? Cause I am now streaming over the Wifi at work for the first time in weeks...
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    So what wound up being the problem? Cause I am now streaming over the Wifi at work for the first time in weeks...
    Nice! I guess they messed up the audio object bad in 1.4.1.1. I am not really sure what was happening totally. The basics are the audio object is taking the %20 out of the url and replacing them with empty spaces (I'm assuming cause the download manager didn't do this.) resulting in a malformed url. So we just chop the end of the url off and it works now.

    This doesn't explain why it was just on your wifi at work though
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  7. #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Nice! I guess they messed up the audio object bad in 1.4.1.1. I am not really sure what was happening totally. The basics are the audio object is taking the %20 out of the url and replacing them with empty spaces (I'm assuming cause the download manager didn't do this.) resulting in a malformed url. So we just chop the end of the url off and it works now.

    This doesn't explain why it was just on your wifi at work though
    The only thing I could imagine is that the proxies some EVDO / UMTS data providers use to compress images for faster load times corrected the url somehow and reencoded the URL with for example the %20 string instead of blanks. But that's just a guess.
  8. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #888  
    Wifi at work is Cisco, and the infrastructure is kinda old. At home I use dd-wrt.
  9. #889  
    ok, mixed up things. But might be something similar in the implementation of some network layer that fixes the url. It's just strange that the audio object messes the url up like that.
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    ok, mixed up things. But might be something similar in the implementation of some network layer that fixes the url. It's just strange that the audio object messes the url up like that.
    Ya it is strange, but they also botched the new audio API in 1.4.1.1 that they just implemented in 1.4. They are still working heavily on the audio for gaming and such.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  11. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #891  
    My music collection is stored almost exclusively as flac which I transcode in Ampache for streaming. I have been experimenting with the bitrate the last couple of days to find a good tradeoff between sound quality and the use of upload bandwidth on my server. I am noticing some interesting behaviour on bitrates over 64kbps (technically 128 and higher, I haven't tried between 64 and 128). Often times the track will repeat itself when it finishes playing. Other times, instead of showing the length of the current track, Ampachpre will instead display the aggregated time of two or more tracks and play them as if they are one, but at some pointing stopping and starting over. Thus far I am not recreating this at 64 and lower. I suspect it may be related to the time it takes to stream the larger files.
  12.    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    My music collection is stored almost exclusively as flac which I transcode in Ampache for streaming. I have been experimenting with the bitrate the last couple of days to find a good tradeoff between sound quality and the use of upload bandwidth on my server. I am noticing some interesting behaviour on bitrates over 64kbps (technically 128 and higher, I haven't tried between 64 and 128). Often times the track will repeat itself when it finishes playing. Other times, instead of showing the length of the current track, Ampachpre will instead display the aggregated time of two or more tracks and play them as if they are one, but at some pointing stopping and starting over. Thus far I am not recreating this at 64 and lower. I suspect it may be related to the time it takes to stream the larger files.
    hmm, I have noticed repeating of the same track if I skip a lot. I have not tried different transcode settings. I have been using 128 the whole time and un-transcoded while on my home wifi.

    I use a ticker that keeps track of the currentTime of the current audio object. When the currentTime reaches 75% of the total time the ticker fires and begins loading the next audio object. I need to find a different way to keep track of the time because I have noticed that my ticker is not completely reliable.

    You have had two audios playing at the same time? I have not seen this yet.

    I just had a Idea that might fix the repeating tracks problem though. I'll brainstorm it while at work to night and see.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  13. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    hmm, I have noticed repeating of the same track if I skip a lot. I have not tried different transcode settings. I have been using 128 the whole time and un-transcoded while on my home wifi.

    I use a ticker that keeps track of the currentTime of the current audio object. When the currentTime reaches 75% of the total time the ticker fires and begins loading the next audio object. I need to find a different way to keep track of the time because I have noticed that my ticker is not completely reliable.

    You have had two audios playing at the same time? I have not seen this yet.

    I just had a Idea that might fix the repeating tracks problem though. I'll brainstorm it while at work to night and see.
    Both AmpachPre and Ampache Mobile have always behaved strangely when skipping tracks, especially when trying to skip multiple tracks before they are actually ready to play back. Recent versions of Ampachpre don't seem to allow this so it is less of a problem, I can't seem to skip a track until playback starts now.

    How much upload bandwidth do you have? I consistently get <1mbps when I test mine. I also connect to my server using NX and while files are streaming NX is extremely slow to refresh the display despite plenty of free CPU cycles, further leading me to believe I am pegging my upload bandwidth during streaming.

    I don't think I've ever had two tracks playing over each other, if that is what you mean.
  14.    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Both AmpachPre and Ampache Mobile have always behaved strangely when skipping tracks, especially when trying to skip multiple tracks before they are actually ready to play back. Recent versions of Ampachpre don't seem to allow this so it is less of a problem, I can't seem to skip a track until playback starts now.

    How much upload bandwidth do you have? I consistently get <1mbps when I test mine. I also connect to my server using NX and while files are streaming NX is extremely slow to refresh the display despite plenty of free CPU cycles, further leading me to believe I am pegging my upload bandwidth during streaming.

    I don't think I've ever had two tracks playing over each other, if that is what you mean.
    it shouldn't ever deny skipping. I have had times where it takes a second to catchup to the skip command.

    This is how I found the repeat song bug. I started a playlist and just started skipping like a mad man.

    I have not tested my bandwidth in a while but it seems the last time I did I was only getting around 256kbps.

    1mbps should be more than enough to stream at 128kbps. I wasn't familiar with what NX was till I searched it just now. I don't know if that would affect streaming or not. Have you tried vmware or xen. Seems like there was another open source vm system that I an not recall atm.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  15. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    it shouldn't ever deny skipping. I have had times where it takes a second to catchup to the skip command.

    This is how I found the repeat song bug. I started a playlist and just started skipping like a mad man.

    I have not tested my bandwidth in a while but it seems the last time I did I was only getting around 256kbps.

    1mbps should be more than enough to stream at 128kbps. I wasn't familiar with what NX was till I searched it just now. I don't know if that would affect streaming or not. Have you tried vmware or xen. Seems like there was another open source vm system that I an not recall atm.
    Gah, yeah way less than 1mbps. I just don't remember how much.

    NX isn't virtualization, it is like rdp or vnc, but designed to provide near local performance over high latency networks. It implements a highly compressed version of X11 and allows access to the physical server. NX itself seems to use only a very small amount of bandwidth on most occasions.
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Gah, yeah way less than 1mbps. I just don't remember how much.

    NX isn't virtualization, it is like rdp or vnc, but designed to provide near local performance over high latency networks. It implements a highly compressed version of X11 and allows access to the physical server. NX itself seems to use only a very small amount of bandwidth on most occasions.
    ah ok I went over the search rather quickly.
  17. #897  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Alex and I have been working on his server problem. AmpachPre is working with his server now. Update to 2.1.2 and see if it is the same problem.
    It's working now for the first time since I updated to 1.4!
  18.    #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by filefly View Post
    It's working now for the first time since I updated to 1.4!
    sweet!
  19. #899  
    Quote Originally Posted by filefly View Post
    It's working now for the first time since I updated to 1.4!
    good to hear that our work helped others too i knew it couldn't only be me having that problem.
  20. #900  
    First off want to say Thanks for a super front-end to my Ampache server. I have a question/bug. On "Get Playlist" from the server I seem to Hang up, Everything else is running smooth. I have tried off my network and on it. Just sits and spins and spins, Only 1 playlist and its 42 songs long. -.^ spose i could be not lazy and just remake it on the phone. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.

Posting Permissions