Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
  1.    #821  
    Here is a rc of what I have been working on. There are a few issues I need to work out still. One being if you skip a lot, the song you land on gets repeated. I am sure there are more.

I have abandoned the download manager as a pre buffer in this version. So it is pretty much a complete rewrite of the audio player. In other words..it might be a little unstable. I have been testing it for about a week now with the tests going mostly well.

Change Log:
    • True pre buffering added, no more download manager. no more cancelled downloads. When the song gets 75% played the next song will start buffering
    • Added Random Play to the Home Scene.(Updater's will need to reset the home scene for this Item to show up. New users you should see it at first install.)
    • Dynamic Album art and list resizing. Notifications will no longer cover up any of AmpachPre's interface.
    • Added "New User Guide" You can reach this by either the app menu from the home scene or using the keyboard short cut "?".
    • Fixed pause/play by keyboard short cut. Added a few new shortcuts too. See "New User Guide" for more info.
    • Tied border colors to text color.
    • Added a auto reconnect if a "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE" happens
    • Bug Fix: if you started a new playlist, the current playing list would play the wrong song or quit playing all together.
    • Added some formatting love for the pixi users.
    • Added Bookmark song to the Now Playing scenes
    • Re-worked auto login.
    • fixed a problem that might have crashed the now playing list view if you do not use lastfm
    • Added "To Next" on the now playing playlist.

http://nucleardecay.net/ampachpre/ne..._2.1.0_all.ipk
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    So i decided to try this again, after giving up months ago. I successfully set up the server, configured ampache, added music, and can access it from within my network via localhost and the pre's browser. I set up a dyndns account created a host service" pointing to my ISP provided address of 74.192.65.17, and this is where i hit a brick wall.

I can't make any more progress. If i type in the dyndns addresss i created *ampache.dyn-o-saur.com* on my desktop, and end with /ampache-3.5.4, it does go to the login page. No such luck for my pre over EVDO.

I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station, and running Windows 7 x64 on my desktop. just to be clear. I read about 25 pages of this thread, then got a headache trying to figure out my problem. I read that there is a way to change the port ampache s accessed through, but i couldn't find it. Where is that located specifically? This has been especially frustrating, mostly because i know i have to be over 75% of the way done.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    So i decided to try this again, after giving up months ago. I successfully set up the server, configured ampache, added music, and can access it from within my network via localhost and the pre's browser. I set up a dyndns account created a host service" pointing to my ISP provided address of 74.192.65.17, and this is where i hit a brick wall.

I can't make any more progress. If i type in the dyndns addresss i created *ampache.dyn-o-saur.com* on my desktop, and end with /ampache-3.5.4, it does go to the login page. No such luck for my pre over EVDO.

I am using an Airport Extreme Base Station, and running Windows 7 x64 on my desktop. just to be clear. I read about 25 pages of this thread, then got a headache trying to figure out my problem. I read that there is a way to change the port ampache s accessed through, but i couldn't find it. Where is that located specifically? This has been especially frustrating, mostly because i know i have to be over 75% of the way done.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    First make sure the router is not blocking access. Do you have port 80 forwarded to the ip address with apache installed on it? Try enabling DMZ for the IP apache is installed on, just for a test.

You can change the port the apache web server is run on not ampache. I am not entirely sure where to do this in windows.

look for httpd.conf some where in apaches installation.

change Listen 80 to what ever port you want.

restart the apache daemon and remember to append a :8080 to your url from now on.
    http://localhost:8080

4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I thought I noticed the pause of headphone removal feature not working anymore...

Any idea what is up (or down) with bluetooth?
    I believe what happened is palm screwed up part of the new api so I had to revert back to the old one for now. Pause on headphone removal works again in the RC above. Have not tested AD2P yet.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    unfortunately, the Airport Extreme doesn't have an option for DMZ. But I can forward ports. So I will forward port 8080 to my desktop. And ok. I did find that file in the xampp folder, which confused me because I thought it was ampache specific. I will play with it later toda and see what happens. I wil look into alternatives to DMZ on the Airport Extreme. If anyone knows of any, it would be greatly helpful.
  6.    #826  
    unfortunately, the Airport Extreme doesn't have an option for DMZ. But I can forward ports. So I will forward port 8080 to my desktop. And ok. I did find that file in the xampp folder, which confused me because I thought it was ampache specific. I will play with it later toda and see what happens. I wil look into alternatives to DMZ on the Airport Extreme. If anyone knows of any, it would be greatly helpful.
    If you have a default installation of apache you need to forward port 80.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I believe what happened is palm screwed up part of the new api so I had to revert back to the old one for now. Pause on headphone removal works again in the RC above. Have not tested AD2P yet.
    Unfortunately we had a power outage at home and I didn't realize that my computer was unreachable before leaving home, so I can't test streaming. And for some reason I can't access the downloads I have. The playlist names show up but if I tap them the list itself isn't displayed and the dropdown menu doesn't come up either. I don't know if this is an AmpachPre problem or a problem with my install; I think Luna crashed during or right after the installation.
  8.    #828  
    Unfortunately we had a power outage at home and I didn't realize that my computer was unreachable before leaving home, so I can't test streaming. And for some reason I can't access the downloads I have. The playlist names show up but if I tap them the list itself isn't displayed and the dropdown menu doesn't come up either. I don't know if this is an AmpachPre problem or a problem with my install; I think Luna crashed during or right after the installation.
    That doesn't sound good. I am able to access all my downloads just fine. I made sure to test downloads with the new audio player. Back up your database then delete and reinstall.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    That doesn't sound good. I am able to access all my downloads just fine. I made sure to test downloads with the new audio player. Back up your database then delete and reinstall.
    Yeah I was gonna do that.

Have you by chance looked in to what is necessary to bring the AmpachPre DB under webos-internals' save/restore app?
  10.    #830  
    Yeah I was gonna do that.

Have you by chance looked in to what is necessary to bring the AmpachPre DB under webos-internals' save/restore app?
    Didn't even know it existed. I would love to be able to easily back up my game saves....Ill look into it.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Didn't even know it existed. I would love to be able to easily back up my game saves....Ill look into it.
    I don't know any details of how it works, but an app does have to be explicitly supported. It seems to have a mixture of official and homebrew apps (including preware alpha, which allows a method of bootstrapping your homebrew apps but just having save/restore and your preware alpha config...)
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    After deleting the app and reinstalling/restoring I still cant access my saved playlist.
  13.    #833  
    After deleting the app and reinstalling/restoring I still cant access my saved playlist.
    downloads or saved playlists?

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    downloads or saved playlists?
    Sorry, download.
  15.    #835  
    Sorry, download.
    So does it display a empty scene or does the scene not come up at all?

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So does it display a empty scene or does the scene not come up at all?
    It doesn't come up at all. It pretty much does nothing. The entry flickers briefly, for lack of a better word, but there is no transition to another scene.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    If you have a default installation of apache you need to forward port 80.
    which I have. But unfortunately, I cannot, over EVDO at least, get access to the ampache server. So I am trying to forward port 8080/8081 as an alternative.

In the httpd.conf file, I recall there being multiple listings of port 80. should i replace them all with, for example, 8080/8081? just wanted to be sure before i messed with anything.
  18.    #838  
    which I have. But unfortunately, I cannot, over EVDO at least, get access to the ampache server. So I am trying to forward port 8080/8081 as an alternative.

In the httpd.conf file, I recall there being multiple listings of port 80. should i replace them all with, for example, 8080/8081? just wanted to be sure before i messed with anything.
    just change the one that says "Listen". Restart apache and see if it is using the new port on localhost.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    just change the one that says "Listen". Restart apache and see if it is using the new port on localhost.
    ok. Just to be doubly clear, when checking localhost, would I go to "localhost:8081/ampache-3.5.4"? Or is the inclusion of the port not necessary?
  20.    #840  
    ok. Just to be doubly clear, when checking localhost, would I go to "localhost:8081/ampache-3.5.4"? Or is the inclusion of the port not necessary?
    Yes, you will need to include the new port after changing it.