Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
  1.    #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaws View Post
    Before I read your reply, I ended up restarting/resetting everything. Installing sql & apache as services in XAMPP and then uninstalling them. removing my accounts on ampachePre and recreating, and restarting the ampache server pc. It started working again under both evdo and wifi and with both AmpachePre and Ampache Mobile.

I appreciate the reply and your suggestion that the ACL would have been the problem was certainly reasonable and would have been my next step. thanks again.

Donation coming!
    Awesome thanks!!
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I found that, while in the search results scene, if I tap the dropdown for a song (for instance) and then tap add to playlist, the dropdown stays and I can't seem to do anything else but toss the card away and start over.
    Was you talking about "add to playlist" or "add to now playing"?
    Do you mean you search for a song and tap "add to playlist" from a song in the results?

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    You can access ampache from anywhere via the laptop when not tethered?
    No
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    No

ok I was just a bit confused when you said you can access it from 198.18.1.x. What pc can you access it from? Is it just the pc with ampache on it?

what's your configuration look like in other words.
    Ya, I just checked it out at my parents house and I'm kind of surprised it didn't work out there either.
    Ampache is setup on my desktop. From my dekstop I can access ampache from 192.168.1.101, x.dyndns.org, and my actual ip address. I can't access it from anywhere else. I can't even access it from my laptop on my home network. I can't access xampp either, so I guess the problem probably lies in there? Or maybe in the router?
  6.    #806  
    Ya, I just checked it out at my parents house and I'm kind of surprised it didn't work out there either.
    Ampache is setup on my desktop. From my dekstop I can access ampache from , x.dyndns.org, and my actual ip address. I can't access it from anywhere else. I can't even access it from my laptop on my home network. I can't access xampp either, so I guess the problem probably lies in there? Or maybe in the router?
    sounds like a software firewall if you can't access from the internal network but you can on the loopback.
    double check your ips and dyndns mapping.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I don't know why this would be, bu in 1.4.1.1 ampachpre will not stream to bluetooth. Radiotime and Slacker stream fine. I have tried two different previously working bluetooth receivers and rebooted the phone.
  8.    #808  
    I don't know why this would be, bu in 1.4.1.1 ampachpre will not stream to bluetooth. Radiotime and Slacker stream fine. I have tried two different previously working bluetooth receivers and rebooted the phone.
    hmm ok, I don't usually use ad2p. I'll check it out on my car stereo tonight.
    sounds like a software firewall if you can't access from the internal network but you can on the loopback.
    double check your ips and dyndns mapping.
    Turning off the firewall got it working for the 192.168.1.101 address on my laptop and my pre browser. It still times out on my ip address and dyndns address (which I've double checked).

Also, AmpachPre says I need to upgrade from 3.5.1. I downloaded 3.5.4, do I need to start all over with installing it or can I copy my 3.5.1 db and accounts into the 3.5.4 folder somehow?
  10.    #810  
    Turning off the firewall got it working for the address on my laptop and my pre browser. It still times out on my ip address and dyndns address (which I've double checked).

Also, AmpachPre says I need to upgrade from 3.5.1. I downloaded 3.5.4, do I need to start all over with installing it or can I copy my 3.5.1 db and accounts into the 3.5.4 folder somehow?
    yes, I usually make a new directory for the upgraded ampache but you can delete the old one if you like. The point the browser to the new ampache version. When it comes to the dstabase portion it will have a option to use existing database. You will need to know the passwords you created the first time you made the database.
    Ok, I got 3.5.4 running. But I still can't access ampache from my ip address on other devices besides my desktop. It seems really weird that I can access it on my local network on my laptop, but not through the ip address. I have port 80 forwarded on my router...
  12.    #812  
    Ok, I got 3.5.4 running. But I still can't access ampache from my ip address on other devices besides my desktop. It seems really weird that I can access it on my local network on my laptop, but not through the ip address. I have port 80 forwarded on my router...
    Try enabling DMZ on the ampache server just for now and connect through your pres web browser over evdo. Don't leave DMZ on unless you have a good software firewall running. If that doesn't work you might need to change the web servers port from 80 to something else.

Putting it in DMZ got it working on my pre on evdo (but for some reason not on my laptop using the ip address when on my local network). So that means I need to change some settings in my firewall?
  14.    #814  
    Putting it in DMZ got it working on my pre on evdo (but for some reason not on my laptop using the ip address when on my local network). So that means I need to change some settings in my firewall?
    Yes, that probably means there is a issue in the router firewall. You can't use your external IP from with in the internal network unless you have a fancy route set up.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Was you talking about "add to playlist" or "add to now playing"?
    Do you mean you search for a song and tap "add to playlist" from a song in the results?
    yes, add to playlist.
  16.    #816  
    yes, add to playlist.
    I have changed a lot since the last release but not much to add to playlist that I recall and I couldn't replicate this.

I did try ad2p tonight and it did not work for me. I am going to check this out soon. I have also noticed the audio not pausing when removing the headphones any more. After 1.3.5, I think, It just happend for audio of the media class as far as I knew. Why they changed it, I don't know.

I don't see any changes in the API, I will continue to investigate.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with streaming with the latest WebOS release? I can confirm that my Ampache setup works fine on my wife's 1.40 Pixi but for the life of me, I can't get streaming to behave nicely in either AmpachPre or Ampache Mobile on my 1.4.1.1 Pixi.

I suspect that something must have changed on the WebOS side, specifically with how media decoding is being handled. However, I could just be stupid

My troubleshooting so far:
    WebOS doctored my phone twice this weekend
    Upgraded the Ampache installation on my "server" to v.3.5.4
    Tried with both transcoding on and off
    Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Apache service via XAMPP

Sadly, these have not resolve my issue, I'll have to see if 1.4.1.1 breaks my wife's phone configuration however I am hesitant do uhh... do this as even with all of this blatant "breaking", my wife's phone steams happily along.

Anyone else have this working on 1.4.1.1?
    Last edited by scr512; 04/04/2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Added Troubleshooting stuffs
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by scr512 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with streaming with the latest WebOS release? I can confirm that my Ampache setup works fine on my wife's 1.40 Pixi but for the life of me, I can't get streaming to behave nicely in either AmpachPre or Ampache Mobile on my 1.4.1.1 Pixi.

I suspect that something must have changed on the WebOS side, specifically with how media decoding is being handled. However, I could just be stupid

My troubleshooting so far:
    WebOS doctored my phone twice this weekend
    Upgraded the Ampache installation on my "server" to v.3.5.4
    Tried with both transcoding on and off
    Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Apache service via XAMPP

Sadly, these have not resolve my issue, I'll have to see if 1.4.1.1 breaks my wife's phone configuration however I am hesitant do uhh... do this as even with all of this blatant "breaking", my wife's phone steams happily along.

Anyone else have this working on 1.4.1.1?
    I am using a heavily modified version of ampachpre but using the same type of audio element still. I stream fine but bluetooth streaming is broken and pause on headphone removal does not work. On 1.4.1.1
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I am using a heavily modified version of ampachpre but using the same type of audio element still. I stream fine but bluetooth streaming is broken and pause on headphone removal does not work. On 1.4.1.1
    I thought I noticed the pause of headphone removal feature not working anymore...

Any idea what is up (or down) with bluetooth?
  20.    #820  
    I thought I noticed the pause of headphone removal feature not working anymore...

Any idea what is up (or down) with bluetooth?
    I made a post on the palm dev forums but no has gave me a answer yet. I tried subscribing to the media events service (as does the built in media player) but got a permission denied. I don't really want to rename the app to a com.palm.