Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfornet View Post
    Love the app thank you so much for your time and dedication.

I do have 2 co workers that are begging for an Iphone version of AmpachePre is there any chance of having one in development?
    Thanks!!

Not that big of a fan of Apple and the iphone. I do not own a mac so I can't even use the sdk properly. There are a few hacks out there but I don't feel I should have to hack it and I am NOT buying a mac or a iphone.

That being said, until apple opens up a bit, I will not be developing for the iphone.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    There's an app in the iPhone app store called iampache but it's nowhere nearly as fully featured as AmpachePre...guess they'll have to buy a Pre

Gx
    iampache is really worse. Already crashed a few times on my ipod touch. Additionally the login isn't refreshed so after listening one album one has to reopen the app.

Griffinx;2329196 is right, they should buy a pre
    yea ampache mobile and iampache are nothing compared to the functionality of your ampachepre. Keep doing what you do!

And they both have been looking at my pre for a few weeks now trying to get 2 web OS converts
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfornet View Post
    yea ampache mobile and iampache are nothing compared to the functionality of your ampachepre. Keep doing what you do!

And they both have been looking at my pre for a few weeks now trying to get 2 web OS converts
    Thanks!

I've attempted the ampache setup a few times now on my server, but usually get side-tracked (too many projects around the house, work etc etc). anyways.. I finally decided this past weekend to just get off my **** and get it done. After some trial/error I now have an ampache setup at home, and am loving it. I just wanted to chime in and say great app. Definitely comes across as very well done. Maybe I'm overlooking it (ive search, etc) but I don't see a simple "shuffle all" mode. I have a pretty big library (approx 200gb) so I often forget what I have . In the past I've used my ipod, but my car was broken in to a few months back and it was stolen. Decided not to replace it, and have been living w/ the 8gb on my pre. Thats the one thing I feel the ampache experience is missing (both on the pre, as well as what little i've played around with on the web player). I noticed that the other ampache/pre program has a shuffle all, but it won't with my version of ampache. Not sure why.

Anyways, my main reason for writing this was kudos on the app!
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by vladthedog View Post
    I've attempted the ampache setup a few times now on my server, but usually get side-tracked (too many projects around the house, work etc etc). anyways.. I finally decided this past weekend to just get off my **** and get it done. After some trial/error I now have an ampache setup at home, and am loving it. I just wanted to chime in and say great app. Definitely comes across as very well done. Maybe I'm overlooking it (ive search, etc) but I don't see a simple "shuffle all" mode. I have a pretty big library (approx 200gb) so I often forget what I have . In the past I've used my ipod, but my car was broken in to a few months back and it was stolen. Decided not to replace it, and have been living w/ the 8gb on my pre. Thats the one thing I feel the ampache experience is missing (both on the pre, as well as what little i've played around with on the web player). I noticed that the other ampache/pre program has a shuffle all, but it won't with my version of ampache. Not sure why.

Anyways, my main reason for writing this was kudos on the app!
    hey thanks, I have been thinking about how I'm going to implement a random all option. I might dig into that soon. It would be nice to have.
    Hi . ami the only one who the "ssl" does not work ?

from the browser i can connect my web interface via both port 80 and 443 .. i can connect via ampachpre only on port 80 !
    if i activate the ssl i got an error ! ..

i know i cant stream via ssl ! but i should be able to connect no ?
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1nman View Post
    Hi . ami the only one who the "ssl" does not work ?

from the browser i can connect my web interface via both port 80 and 443 .. i can connect via ampachpre only on port 80 !
    if i activate the ssl i got an error ! ..

i know i cant stream via ssl ! but i should be able to connect no ?
    I use ssl, you if you are using the default 443/80, just leave the connection/streaming port fields blank.

You say the web interface, is that from the pre's web browser? If you are using a self signed certificate, make sure to accept it in the pre's web browser first.

I was just thinking, even if the "random play" was a randomized playlist that would only pull... say... 200 tracks from your library and play those, something akin to the "album of the moment" except for tracks. I don't have a need for it to truly randomly play from my 30k plus tracks. I just like to listen to things I haven't listened to in a long while, so a random track option is nice for that... To be honest when I DO listen to a random playlist I'm skipping tracks more than I'm playing 'em heh. I just discover new (old?) things in my library by doing so.

Just an idea.
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by vladthedog View Post
    I was just thinking, even if the "random play" was a randomized playlist that would only pull... say... 200 tracks from your library and play those, something akin to the "album of the moment" except for tracks. I don't have a need for it to truly randomly play from my 30k plus tracks. I just like to listen to things I haven't listened to in a long while, so a random track option is nice for that... To be honest when I DO listen to a random playlist I'm skipping tracks more than I'm playing 'em heh. I just discover new (old?) things in my library by doing so.

Just an idea.
    ya I actually have already put in the code to do this. It works mostly but it hangs sometimes. I need to get it better before I release it. I have been working on learning css for the interface past couple days.
    It's all good
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I found that, while in the search results scene, if I tap the dropdown for a song (for instance) and then tap add to playlist, the dropdown stays and I can't seem to do anything else but toss the card away and start over.
    ok so i had it working when i have my pre connected to my router at home so its connected to wifi and it worked fine but when i switch the wifi off meaning im using edvo it wount connect, i need a lil help with the settings on ampchpre on the phone. when i got wifi connected my settings are these:

account name: my username
    ampache server address: 192.168.1.100 (thats my computers ip)
    ampache directory root: ampache-3.5.4
    connection port: default 80/443
    streaming port: default 80
    blah blah blah blah........

so when im not connected thru wifi what am i supposed to change on these settings? are there any settings on my router i should change?

dude help me plz =]
    Quote Originally Posted by gothikzoul View Post
    ok so i had it working when i have my pre connected to my router at home so its connected to wifi and it worked fine but when i switch the wifi off meaning im using edvo it wount connect, i need a lil help with the settings on ampchpre on the phone. when i got wifi connected my settings are these:

account name: my username
    ampache server address: 192.168.1.100 (thats my computers ip)
    ampache directory root: ampache-3.5.4
    connection port: default 80/443
    streaming port: default 80
    blah blah blah blah........

so when im not connected thru wifi what am i supposed to change on these settings? are there any settings on my router i should change?

dude help me plz =]
    You will need to log in to your router and forward the streaming port to your ampache server (192.168.1.100). This will mean you will actually be needing your EXTERNAL IP (What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address) and that is what you will use to connect when on EvDo. When you are on EvDo your phone is not at all connected your internal network (which is what 192.168.1.100 is) so it cannot see your server.

What kind of router/modem are you using (i.e. how does your network look like/set up?).
  15.    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I found that, while in the search results scene, if I tap the dropdown for a song (for instance) and then tap add to playlist, the dropdown stays and I can't seem to do anything else but toss the card away and start over.
    ok I'll look into it thanks.
    I can:
    log into ampache via dyndns url from within the pre browser using evdo OR wifi

I can not:

I've disabled the firewall, no change. But if I can connect from the pre web browser (i get the ampache login page and can login) I can't figure out why ampachepre isn't able to eee the server.

It was working well for a while. The only recent change was installation of the 800MHz patch via the script.
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaws View Post
    I can:
    log into ampache via dyndns url from within the pre browser using evdo OR wifi

I can not:

I've disabled the firewall, no change. But if I can connect from the pre web browser (i get the ampache login page and can login) I can't figure out why ampachepre isn't able to eee the server.

It was working well for a while. The only recent change was installation of the 800MHz patch via the script.
    Try deleting your API acl and remaking it.

I haven't used ampache for a while and I just doctored my phone a few days ago. I'm trying to get it working on my phone again. I can access ampache from my pc on 192.168.1.x, dyndns.org, and my ip. But I can't access it from my pre. I've tried ampachpre, ampache mobile, and the browswer. And I tried tethering to my laptop and I couldn't load it on my laptop either. I've tried 3g and wifi.
    I tried deleting and recreating my acl, which is,
    Ampachpre 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All API/RPC
    I have port 80 forwarded to my pc. Any suggestions?
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    I haven't used ampache for a while and I just doctored my phone a few days ago. I'm trying to get it working on my phone again. I can access ampache from my pc on 192.168.1.x, dyndns.org, and my ip. But I can't access it from my pre. I've tried ampachpre, ampache mobile, and the browswer. And I tried tethering to my laptop and I couldn't load it on my laptop either. I've tried 3g and wifi.
    I tried deleting and recreating my acl, which is,
    Ampachpre 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All API/RPC
    I have port 80 forwarded to my pc. Any suggestions?
    You can access ampache from anywhere via the laptop when not tethered?

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Try deleting your API acl and remaking it.
    Before I read your reply, I ended up restarting/resetting everything. Installing sql & apache as services in XAMPP and then uninstalling them. removing my accounts on ampachePre and recreating, and restarting the ampache server pc. It started working again under both evdo and wifi and with both AmpachePre and Ampache Mobile.

I appreciate the reply and your suggestion that the ACL would have been the problem was certainly reasonable and would have been my next step. thanks again.

Donation coming!