Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Fain,

I have a Pre with root access and some experience with Pre development. I would be happy to help you work through these issues over IRC either tonight or tomorrow. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Everyone else,

Wait until the app is actually working well for most users. Once that is done, I will happily write up an easy step-by-step guide.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Fain,

I have a Pre with root access and some experience with Pre development. I would be happy to help you work through these issues over IRC either tonight or tomorrow. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Everyone else,

Wait until the app is actually working well for most users. Once that is done, I will happily write up an easy step-by-step guide.
    I just sent fain some summary information from wireshark traces of a working amarok+ampache API configuration versus a failing ampachpre installation. fain can share those with you if they seem useful. I can also provide the full trace, I don't think there is anything sensitive in them. The first thing that jumped out at me is that, prior to attempting the handshake, amarok first performs a ping against ampache and gets a successful response. ampachpre just does the handshake.
    so fain i should only have my router's ip address and /amache and it should login,ive try'd that and try'd putting my router's ip address /full path and it says address must not be correct
    The app stays stuck on the 'loging in' screen. I'm using Apache on Ubunutu 9.04 (v3.5.1) which I'm able to access just fine from other PC's on my network (and for that matter from the web browser on the pre). It seems odd it doesn't either connect or fail.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    When I get home from school tonight, I will set up ampache on my vista 32bit box and document the steps I take. i do not have a windows 7 box I can test on though.
    thanks. the steps for vista should be pretty much the same as for windows 7. Please document all the steps, from start to finish if possible. Be as specific as you can. If your directions work, ill be your best friend! lol
    wow....wtf.
    I've literally done EVERYTHING instructions told me...I can't log into my ampache server via AmpachPre....everything works fine untill i try on my pre.....maybe my domain/IP is wrong??? I am at a loss. My Ampache is installed with my playlists ready to go...created a user like you said(not admin) and I can't log in. I've spent hours on this plz help!
    Oh..and if I use a wireless router does that change anything?
    Last edited by KiKstand; 08/24/2009 at 10:20 PM.
    Yeah, same here, wasted the whole day after this thing and no luck. Mainly because the instructions are so poorly written...I mean, great program and all, but seems like only one other user aside from the author of the program is able to use this thing.

After trudging through the horrendously written instructions and getting the server to work and ampache finally running, now I too stand stuck at the login screen unsure of exactly what to type into the domain name to get this thing to connect in different situations.

I think what we really need are examples of what to type in for:
    1.) Stream via Wi-Fi (which IP address, the format to type it in, and whether or not we type in the path to the "ampache" folder or not)
    2.) Stream via EVDO including IP addresses, paths, etc

Some examples of paths would help, for example, "For this to work via EVDO, all you need to type is the following: 89.0.9.45/program files/xampp/htdocs/ampache" etc.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiKstand View Post
    wow....wtf.
    I've literally done EVERYTHING instructions told me...I can't log into my ampache server via AmpachPre....everything works fine untill i try on my pre.....maybe my domain/IP is wrong??? I am at a loss. My Ampache is installed with my playlists ready to go...created a user like you said(not admin) and I can't log in. I've spent hours on this plz help!
    Oh..and if I use a wireless router does that change anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Yeah, same here, wasted the whole day after this thing and no luck. Mainly because the instructions are so poorly written...I mean, great program and all, but seems like only one other user aside from the author of the program is able to use this thing.

After trudging through the horrendously written instructions and getting the server to work and ampache finally running, now I too stand stuck at the login screen unsure of exactly what to type into the domain name to get this thing to connect in different situations.

I think what we really need are examples of what to type in for:
    1.) Stream via Wi-Fi (which IP address, the format to type it in, and whether or not we type in the path to the "ampache" folder or not)
    2.) Stream via EVDO including IP addresses, paths, etc

Some examples of paths would help, for example, "For this to work via EVDO, all you need to type is the following: 89.0.9.45/program files/xampp/htdocs/ampache" etc.

There are several issues going on herem let me try to address some of them. First, I will admit that the Ampache documentation is not the greatest, it took me a little effort to get it set up several months ago, and I have been using various flavours of UNIX for almost 15 years. However, that is not actually fain's problem. He(?) doesn't seem to be connected to the Ampache project at all. What fain has done is written an app to interface your pre to Ampache. Ampache is a very good product and is an outstanding way to stream your music collection from, say, home to work.

As to how you configure the app, what you need is the following:

If you have a single computer with a direct connection to the internet you use that computer's IP address OR you can register with a service such as dyndns.org so you can have a static hostname tied to your dynamic IP address. This is actually the best thing to do, since your IP address will probably change sometime. If you are using a wireless router then that device has your public IP address and so you would use that one. Again, I recommend registering with dyndns.org. Some router firmwares have built-in support for services like dyndns.org. Consult your router documentation.

So, in the ampachepre account panel, enter your IP address or your hostname. It doesn't matter if you are using wifi or evdo. After the IP or hostname enter /path/to/ampache. This is the same path that you use for the ampache web interface. So for instance it might be:

Code:
    http://myhost.dyndns.org/ampache
    In ampachepre you will enter everything after the http:// but not the http:// part. You then supply the Ampache username and password for the account you created as an earlier step. However, there is an issue some of us are working with Fain on to try to fix the login problem. It doesn't seem to be working at this time for others. Please be patient. Most of your issues are not with this app. HTH.
    For those that actually have apache server up and running correctly I am pretty sure that you will need your external IP (the single IP given to you by your isp, before modems and routers). From there you will probably need to forward your ports to the ip of the server you have set up. Hopefully, this helps a lot of people that actually got things up and running. Of course, I have not even made it that far.

Ampache 3.5.1 installed
    XAMPP installed
    Apache and MySQL services running
    Path = C:\XAMPP\htdocs\Ampache\Config

I can access http://localhost/ampache just fine, however, when I go to create my config file in step 2 ampache cannot find the config file. I have checked my ACL settings, removed RSS feed section, tried using different/same usernames in steps 1/2 all to no avail. User account has full permission, but no matter I continue to receive an error "Config File Not Found or Unreadable." I also copied my entire XAMPP directory to program files but am still at a loss...
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by okasaki View Post
    For those that actually have apache server up and running correctly I am pretty sure that you will need your external IP (the single IP given to you by your isp, before modems and routers). From there you will probably need to forward your ports to the ip of the server you have set up. Hopefully, this helps a lot of people that actually got things up and running. Of course, I have not even made it that far.

Ampache 3.5.1 installed
    XAMPP installed
    Apache and MySQL services running
    Path = C:\XAMPP\htdocs\Ampache\Config

I can access http://localhost/ampache just fine, however, when I go to create my config file in step 2 ampache cannot find the config file. I have checked my ACL settings, removed RSS feed section, tried using different/same usernames in steps 1/2 all to no avail. User account has full permission, but no matter I continue to receive an error "Config File Not Found or Unreadable." I also copied my entire XAMPP directory to program files but am still at a loss...
    dont move the xampp directory. when you create the config file you need to save it to the config directory inside of the ampache directory.
  11.    #71  
    I have been here brainstorming all night about why I am the only one that can access ampache on my server through ampachpre. Is there any other successes?

I installed xampp on vista tonight and tried to connect to it, but it wouldn't work for me either. Any one on ubuntu juanty with ampache 3.5.x get it to work?

the only thing I have changed in my ampache/jaunty install is the acl and php memory limit and added a catalog. I did the same thing installed the same way tonight on vista.
    Last edited by fain; 08/25/2009 at 01:24 AM.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    thanks. the steps for vista should be pretty much the same as for windows 7. Please document all the steps, from start to finish if possible. Be as specific as you can. If your directions work, ill be your best friend! lol
    I wrote a how to for vist32 its not pretty but its step by step.

you can find it here
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

you can find it here
    im running windows 7 x64, but i dont think it should be any different. ill let you know, and thanks in advance for doing this. ill report back with results later
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

you can find it here
    i got to step 21, and ive hit a wall. I followed all your directions to the letter, and this is what i saw:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404
    localhost
    8/25/2009 3:59:32 AM
    Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

any clue what happened?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    i got to step 21, and ive hit a wall. I followed all your directions to the letter, and this is what i saw:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404
    localhost
    8/25/2009 3:59:32 AM
    Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

any clue what happened?
    oops ill revise that should be http://localhost/ampache-3.5.1
  16.    #76  
    I have discovered why the servers are not accepting the authentication. i just do not know why the servers are not using the correct time.

Ampache • View topic - Ampache server wrong timestamp
    Read the explanation you posted. Perhaps you can compare the output of phpinfo() on your two servers and see if there is a setting which differs. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
    The odd thing is that if it's a server issue, why is working just fine for all my other clients? Anyway I hope there is a fix soon This looks like an awesome app once it's up and running.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I have discovered why the servers are not accepting the authentication. i just do not know why the servers are not using the correct time.

Ampache • View topic - Ampache server wrong timestamp
    Hmm, in the wireshark traces I captured for amarok and ampachpre the timestamps look the same (with offset allowed for being run a few minutes apart). What I can't do is use hashalot to generate the same auth tokens being sent by either application, but that could be me not being clear about how to generate the token.

Since the API was created with amarok in mind have you looked at their code?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Read the explanation you posted. Perhaps you can compare the output of phpinfo() on your two servers and see if there is a setting which differs. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
    thanks I dont know why I didnt think of it. I found a few differences some look interesting.
    my server that works with ampachpre is named servu the one that doesnt is named gateway.

Code:
    servu extension_dir /usr/lib/php5/20060613
    gateway extension_dir /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs

servu apache_version 	Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 
    gateway apache_version 	Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch 

servu Loaded Modules: differences are mod_auth_digest, mod_perl and mod_rewrite

core mod_log_config mod_logio prefork http_core mod_so mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_perl mod_php5 mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_status 

gateway Loaded Modules
    core mod_log_config mod_logio prefork http_core mod_so mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_php5 mod_setenvif mod_status

servu SERVER_SIGNATURE 	<address>Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 Server at 192.168.1.2 Port 777</address>  

gateway SERVER_SIGNATURE 
    			<address>Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch Server at localhost Port 80</address>  

servu SERVER_SOFTWARE 	Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 
    gateway SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.2 with Suhosin-Patch

servu Environment:PWD /var/www/ampache3-5/config 
    gateway Environment:PWD /
    What jumped out at me the most was mod_auth_digest I do not know where I got this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Hmm, in the wireshark traces I captured for amarok and ampachpre the timestamps look the same (with offset allowed for being run a few minutes apart). What I can't do is use hashalot to generate the same auth tokens being sent by either application, but that could be me not being clear about how to generate the token.

Since the API was created with amarok in mind have you looked at their code?
    Ya i was looking at amarok last night. I changed the way i sha256 abit but that still didnt work.

The timestamp sent from the pre looks correct but when ampache errors in its log the time is wrong.
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast