Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1046
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by sequen View Post
    The Problem was indeed a firewall issue from my router. after accessing my router settings i was able to play with the firewall settings from within the router and sure enough i am now able to log in. thanks for your help.
    Great, glad you got it working!
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  2. #722  
    Got it working on EVDO... Much respect guys!
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by holycow123 View Post
    Got it working on EVDO... Much respect guys!
    Sweet!
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  4. #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Still nothing... Something must not be set up right to accept the client logging in, because I can access the web interface from my pre, just can't get AmpachPre to do anything at all...
    I was getting the same error (MEDIA_ERR_decode). I had set apache and mysql to run as a service form within the XAMPP control panel, then the error started popping up using both AmpachePre and Mobile. I stopped both from withn the XAMPP control panel and unchecked Svc (install as service) and started both apache and mysql manually and everything started working again.

    hth!

    It's worth noting that I changed the server port from the standard 80 to some intentionally non-standard number and installing service may not know about the change (though it was done in httpd.conf so I don't know why it would be different) setting the value to standard port 80 returned same result
    Last edited by pedaws; 03/10/2010 at 12:58 PM.
  5. #725  
    One thing i don't like about the app is that the album cover resolution is extremely low. I understand it's probably so that stuff would load faster on evdo but still... would love to see a little higher res album cover.
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by holycow123 View Post
    One thing i don't like about the app is that the album cover resolution is extremely low. I understand it's probably so that stuff would load faster on evdo but still... would love to see a little higher res album cover.
    na it doesn't effect the speed any over evdo. I made it that big to fit everything on the screen at once. I'll see if I can't get it a little bigger.
  7. #727  
    Great job on AmpachPre. I'd like to encourage other folks to hit the "Donate" button on this and other homebrew apps that you enjoy. I'm sure fain would enjoy a six pack of whatever his favorite beverage is...
  8.    #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by sequen View Post
    I have been using AmpachePre now for a few days and love it. The only thing i have noticed thus far is if i listen to an album and then i go to listen to somthing else it wont let me unless i close ampache and reopen it. no big deal but thought i would just report it.
    Wrong thread, but yes this is fixed in the next version coming out soon.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  9. #729  
    Sorry for providing no input to this thread for so long but my pre was being repaired and now it's back (although not really fixed ...)
    I didn't change anything on the ampache server but will do this when i am back home. But I could track down the problem some more:
    When I play the first title of a album that wasn't cached, I get the above mentioned MEDIA_ERR_DECODE. If then the next title was cached completely that title plays just fine and so do all following, if they are cached completely. So it seems as if the problem is playing the data from stream while playing the track from local storage is okay.

    Hope this gives a first hint. I will try to be of some more help when home.
  10.    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    Sorry for providing no input to this thread for so long but my pre was being repaired and now it's back (although not really fixed ...)
    I didn't change anything on the ampache server but will do this when i am back home. But I could track down the problem some more:
    When I play the first title of a album that wasn't cached, I get the above mentioned MEDIA_ERR_DECODE. If then the next title was cached completely that title plays just fine and so do all following, if they are cached completely. So it seems as if the problem is playing the data from stream while playing the track from local storage is okay.

    Hope this gives a first hint. I will try to be of some more help when home.
    isawdrones is having this same problem, I am not sure of the cause yet. I have a small feeling it has something to do with the audio changes palm implemented because it worked fine before 1.4 right?

    Does it do it both on wifi and evdo?
    Last edited by fain; 03/15/2010 at 06:33 AM.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  11. #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    isawdrones is having this same problem, I am not sure of the cause yet. I have a small feeling it has something to do with the audio changes palm implemented because it worked fine before 1.4 right?
    Exactly. Until 1.4 everything was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Does it do it both on wifi and evdo?
    Yep, happens on both although it can be tested easier on wifi as caching is faster there.
  12.    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    isawdrones is having this same problem, I am not sure of the cause yet. I have a small feeling it has something to do with the audio changes palm implemented because it worked fine before 1.4 right?

    Does it do it both on wifi and evdo?
    Good news though. I am not sure if he did anything to his server or not but I just tried streaming from it and it worked with the latest version of AmpachPre. I will be releasing it soon as i squeeze one last feature in there.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  13. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #733  
    Well, things continue to be strange on the streaming over Wifi at work front...

    The couple of other Wifi networks I have tried on work.
    EVDO always works.
    I can use a desktop client (such as foobar2000) over Wifi at work.
    AmpachPre (and last time I checked, Ampache Mobile, but not the newly released version) fail over Wifi at work.

    I just did a test of creating a downloaded playlist over wifi at work, and it successfully downloaded the one track and I was able to play it back.

    This makes no sense.

    I will note that downloading the track took what seems to be a ridiculous amount of time given its size. The track is less than 2 minutes but I'm pretty sure it took more than 2 minutes to download it.
  14.    #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Well, things continue to be strange on the streaming over Wifi at work front...

    The couple of other Wifi networks I have tried on work.
    EVDO always works.
    I can use a desktop client (such as foobar2000) over Wifi at work.
    AmpachPre (and last time I checked, Ampache Mobile, but not the newly released version) fail over Wifi at work.

    I just did a test of creating a downloaded playlist over wifi at work, and it successfully downloaded the one track and I was able to play it back.

    This makes no sense.

    I will note that downloading the track took what seems to be a ridiculous amount of time given its size. The track is less than 2 minutes but I'm pretty sure it took more than 2 minutes to download it.
    This kinda sounds like some sort of weird hybrid of a couple problems above, where you can download and cache but not stream. The problem was fixed in one case by switching web servers, (from IIS to Apache) but I'm pretty sure you are using Apache....
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  15. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    This kinda sounds like some sort of weird hybrid of a couple problems above, where you can download and cache but not stream. The problem was fixed in one case by switching web servers, (from IIS to Apache) but I'm pretty sure you are using Apache....
    Yeah, this a Kubuntu Lucid-based LAMP stack.
  16.    #736  
    • Audio now plays when leaving the stream scene.
    • Added genre search, though it is not included in universal search yet.
    • Added Now Playing List view, now you can edit the current playlist. Although editing is still a bit buggy.
    • Added dashboard controls fo when you are away from the Now playing scene.
    • Fixed a bug with bookmark audio position
    • Fixed a few bugs in Play All.
    • Added Wiki search to Albums and Songs scenes
    • Fixed a bug in downloads with the new url format
    • Fixed a bug that if you listened to a whole playlist no more songs would play
    • If you tap the song name in either Now Playing scene it'll search google for the song lyrics by the current artist.
    • Enlarged the album art on the Now Playing and rid of a few items now there is a now playing list.
    • fixed a bug preventing adding a track from saved playlist to current playlist.
    • Improved a few functions involving downloading, caching and deleting songs.
    • Added total songs to artists and albums scenes. Be aware, this might not be acurate if you have songs by the artist in a album labeled "other" or "various" and so on. As AmpachPre has not had a chance to filter these albums yet.
    • Added the ability to sort search results by various categories.
    Last edited by fain; 03/17/2010 at 08:54 AM.
  17. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #737  
    Nice update, Fain. Seems to be much stabler all around. I'm a fan of the larger album art, and being able to browse while playing is a big relief.

    As for bugs, formatting is a little weird with notifications sitting at the bottom due to the new Album Art size. And there are still a couple issues with the progress bar and play/pause button after lots of locking and unlocking, pausing, restarting and skipping with both the screen and headset controls. Though playback with all that seems much better.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Nice update, Fain. Seems to be much stabler all around. I'm a fan of the larger album art, and being able to browse while playing is a big relief.

    As for bugs, formatting is a little weird with notifications sitting at the bottom due to the new Album Art size. And there are still a couple issues with the progress bar and play/pause button after lots of locking and unlocking, pausing, restarting and skipping with both the screen and headset controls. Though playback with all that seems much better.
    Thanks man, I was beginning to think no one has even tried it yet. Now that I have the player the way I want it (mostly). I am going to work on debugging and interface organization. I am in the process of re formatting the home screen as we speak.

    You say problems with the progress bar and play/pause? What happens?
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  19. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thanks man, I was beginning to think no one has even tried it yet. Now that I have the player the way I want it (mostly). I am going to work on debugging and interface organization. I am in the process of re formatting the home screen as we speak.

    You say problems with the progress bar and play/pause? What happens?
    Yeah, took me a while to get it. My Preware has been acting up lately, had to use WOSQI.

    I'm having a hard time pinning down what I'm seeing. The last track I was listening to, the play/pause button was working, but the button itself was stuck looking like a pause button. But after it played through to the next track, it worked like normal.
    The progress bar got stuck before, when I was having issues, but seems normal now. I'll try to come up with some info on that if it happens again.

    I noticed that that button can now be pressed while the track is initializing/loading. In previous versions it would be greyed out until the track started, and then sometimes it wouldnt start playing after completely loading the track and I'd have to skip to the next one to get it to play. This seems to be fixed now
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  20. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in that directory when using WIFI at work (which still fails.) Will compare with EVDO and then at home if I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thanks man, I was beginning to think no one has even tried it yet. Now that I have the player the way I want it (mostly). I am going to work on debugging and interface organization. I am in the process of re formatting the home screen as we speak.

    You say problems with the progress bar and play/pause? What happens?
    I've been using it, just hadn't gotten around to saying anything. My only real issue is the (noted) formatting problem when there are notifications on the screen. I can't see the next track/caching information as it is under the play/pause/etc buttons.

Posting Permissions