Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
  1.    #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Just wanted to give an update. After my frustration earlier, I uninstalled xampp, ampachpre, and reset my browser settings. These are my findings.

Something in my browser was saving a password to a page that had none.

I don't think I was using the proper version of Ampache, as the instructions .pdf had a direct link to an older version.

After reinstalling xampp, setting everything up again, and reloading AmpachPre, I am happy to announce that everything is working perfectly. Took a while to add my 150 GB of music to the catalog, but now that I have, everything works better than I thought possible. Also, I am able to stream over wifi and evdo, although evdo naturally takes longer to cache.

Thanks for your assistance. Great product.
    Awesome! Ya, i just updated the pdf the other day with a new link and a few updated instructions.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Noob alert...

So basically I got the whole setup done (using the Vista instructions), now what settings do I need to put in my pre for it work using EVDO? Please help...

Works perfectly on Wifi at home (same network)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    So I went through my collection and updated all of the mp3s with embedded album art in the tags. Something doesn't seem quite right though with the album art display in AmpachPre. Lots of the images are blocky and pixellated, or don't even show up for some songs (though strangely not at the beginning of albums.) Could you have a look?
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holycow123 View Post
    Noob alert...

So basically I got the whole setup done (using the Vista instructions), now what settings do I need to put in my pre for it work using EVDO? Please help...
    You'll need to have an ACL in Ampache that allows the IP range your Pre is in when its on EVDO, and make sure your router/firewall setup allows Ampache to be accessed from outside your home network.
    On AmpachPre, then put in the IP or address your Ampache Server is on and your login info, and you should be off and running
    Noob alert...

You may want to look first at Common terms and definitions used in Ampache setup, then the section "Works on Wi-Fi but not EVDO" at Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache.
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    So I went through my collection and updated all of the mp3s with embedded album art in the tags. Something doesn't seem quite right though with the album art display in AmpachPre. Lots of the images are blocky and pixellated, or don't even show up for some songs (though strangely not at the beginning of albums.) Could you have a look?
    I hate when I don't get emails about updates to this thread.

are you getting the gray x? The images just get transferred straight from ampache. Do you have ampache resizing the images?

edit: oops, quoted the wrong post...fixed.
    Last edited by fain; 03/08/2010 at 10:12 PM.
  7.    #707  
    Noob alert...

Are you saying AmpachPre works perfect of your home network or the Web interface?
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Are you saying AmpachPre works perfect of your home network or the Web interface?
    It works perfectly on my home network... (i.e. WiFi on the pre turned on with the computer with the Ampache server on the same network)

I'll try what Maturin and wilderf have told me... thanks guys
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I hate when I don't get emails about updates to this thread.

are you getting the gray x? The images just get transferred straight from ampache. Do you have ampache resizing the images?

edit: oops, quoted the wrong post...fixed.
    Never mind, looks like user error. Ampache Mobile is doing it too.
    ok..its been 3 days and i finally got through with setting up the server and building my catalog etc... my only problem now is i cannot log in from my pre using AmpachPre. i read the whole thread and found that others had the same problem but some how got it working after 1.9 update. here are my settings:
    Account Name:Ampache
    Ampache Server Address:My IP (xx.xxx.xx.xxx)
    Ampache Directory Root: ampache-3.5.4
    connection Port:default 80/443
    Streaming Port: default 80
    Ampache Username: andr9e
    Ampache Password: "The one i created to access ampache"

I keep getting the error " Time Out: A unknown Error Occured. Check Your Firewall Settings Or Connection Port in Account Settings" i have even disabled my firewall completely. i have come so far to be so stuck!. please help
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by sequen View Post
    ok..its been 3 days and i finally got through with setting up the server and building my catalog etc... my only problem now is i cannot log in from my pre using AmpachPre. i read the whole thread and found that others had the same problem but some how got it working after 1.9 update. here are my settings:
    Account Name:Ampache
    Ampache Server Address:My IP (xx.xxx.xx.xxx)
    Ampache Directory Root: ampache-3.5.4
    connection Port:default 80/443
    Streaming Port: default 80
    Ampache Username: andr9e
    Ampache Password: "The one i created to access ampache"

I keep getting the error " Time Out: A unknown Error Occured. Check Your Firewall Settings Or Connection Port in Account Settings" i have even disabled my firewall completely. i have come so far to be so stuck!. please help
    what does the status say under 'logging in to' when it errors?
    what does the status say under 'logging in to' when it errors?
    its says" http://97.102.53.251/ampache-3.5.4
    username:andr9e
    Ping Success!"
  13.    #713  
    its says" [url]
    username:andr9e
    Ping Success!"
    ok, What version of ampache are you using?

edit: never mind ic it is 3.5.4 in the url.
    I'm at work right now I'd have to look at the code. What about your acl? What does it look like?
    Last edited by fain; 03/09/2010 at 03:37 PM.
  14.    #714  
    I attached a screenshot of my acl
    GLAzedFAith was having this problem deleted his acl and remade it and got his working better. He eventually had to reinstall xampp to get it working. Check out our convo a few posts back.

you could enable logging in ampache but that conversation is actually the reason I added the login status. He was hanging at the ping event as well.
    GLAzedFAith was having this problem deleted his acl and remade it and got his working better. He eventually had to reinstall xampp to get it working. Check out our convo a few posts back.

you could enable logging in ampache but that convorsation is actually the reason I added the login status. He was hanging at the ping event as well.
    wow... i guess i will reinstall xamp. i just deleted the acl and added a new one and im still having issues
    wow... i guess i will reinstall xamp. i just deleted the acl and added a new one and im still having issues
    i just tried it with wifi using the new acl i added and it worked!
  17.    #717  
    maybe try deleting the account or making a new one.
    maybe try deleting the account or making a new one.
    I am now able to login using a wifi connection but not evdo. any ideas?
  19.    #719  
    ok sounds like a firewall issue. Check your router or software firewall. Make sure the port you use is being forwarded to your ampache servers ip. Also double check your wan ip while your in the router as most are dynamic and change alot.
    ok sounds like a firewall issue. Check your router or software firewall. Make sure the port you use is being forwarded to your ampache servers ip. Also double check your wan ip while your in the router as most are dynamic and change alot.
    The Problem was indeed a firewall issue from my router. after accessing my router settings i was able to play with the firewall settings from within the router and sure enough i am now able to log in. thanks for your help.