Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    It's got to be something with AmpachPre that I'm doing wrong...I just installed Ampache Mobile, and it connects right in with the server I set up, no problems whatsoever... From what I'm seeing AmpachPre is more feature-rich, and I'd love to give it a chance, but for right now I can't get it working.

Please PM me when you have some time...I'd love to give it a try.
    Well, maybe not... if it makes you feel better, Ampache Mobile connects and I can view my playlist, but it never successfully streams. Hooray! Good night, everybody.
    Error
    MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

i get this erre when i try to get past step seven for setting up ampache. can any one help?
  4.    #684  
    I just doctored to 1.4 last night because the sdk would not work right with the pre. I installed preware then AmpachPre 1.9.2 it does work, but I was looking through the code last night and found that one of the older librarys is still loading. I didn't have much time to look at it because I couldn't get the sdk to install right. I think doctoring did it and I will be looking into it more tonight after work.
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Error
    MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

i get this erre when i try to get past step seven for setting up ampache. can any one help?
    that error is just saying you got the mysql root password wrong. There is a mysql root password and a ampache password. Make sure you are entering the right one in the correct field.

edit: you set these up in a previous step.
    Last edited by fain; 03/05/2010 at 09:10 AM.
  6.    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    HOORAY! Progress! I removed and re-added the ACL, with the user account I created as the user. At least now I'm getting an error...

2010-03-04 22:35:17 [ampache] (Access Denied) -> Unathorized access attempt to API [192.168.1.1]
    last I checked the user field of the acl rule did not work correctly. Try all instead.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with Play/Pause/Skip wired headset controls in 1.9.2. Hitting the button to pause playback works, but it does not resume when I hit it again. Pressing play/pause on the touchscreen does not resume it either. I can skip to the next track and playback will start, however.
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I'm having issues with Play/Pause/Skip wired headset controls in 1.9.2. Hitting the button to pause playback works, but it does not resume when I hit it again. Pressing play/pause on the touchscreen does not resume it either. I can skip to the next track and playback will start, however.
    hmm, I'll check that out. It doesn't look like they changed anything in the api. They did add the up and down volume keys though. Not sure if I can do anything with those or not. Be nice to have a more precise volume control
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    if your not in the mood to go to the doctor I will upload the old 1.9.1 to my web server tonight so you can down grade. I'll post a link here and on the main post for anyone that needs it.
    I don't want to doctor, I had to replace my Pre cos I dropped it on the power button and it kept sticking. So now I've just got the new 1 back to 1.4 and with all patches, homebrew apps and themes loaded on again.
    I installed 1.9.1 and that doesn't work either.
    Full Story: I had my old pre and it was running fine on 1.9.1. I then broke that one and got a brand new one. I installed 1.9.2 which is what I thought the problem was. It logs in and searches fine and everything it just doesn't play the track. I went back to 1.9.1 and thats exactly the same. Does my Pre have to be rooted?
    That's the only difference I can think of. The 1st 1 was rooted, does that matter? Or am I missing something. Is there something I need to do with the new one?
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by danclarke View Post
    I don't want to doctor, I had to replace my Pre cos I dropped it on the power button and it kept sticking. So now I've just got the new 1 back to 1.4 and with all patches, homebrew apps and themes loaded on again.
    I installed 1.9.1 and that doesn't work either.
    Full Story: I had my old pre and it was running fine on 1.9.1. I then broke that one and got a brand new one. I installed 1.9.2 which is what I thought the problem was. It logs in and searches fine and everything it just doesn't play the track. I went back to 1.9.1 and thats exactly the same. Does my Pre have to be rooted?
    That's the only difference I can think of. The 1st 1 was rooted, does that matter? Or am I missing something. Is there something I need to do with the new one?
    na there is really no such thing as rooting. You are just gaining command line access.

I experience a lot of bugs in webos v1.4
    even with a freshly doctored os with only homebrew being preware and AmpachPre being installed. No patches or themes. I get random luna restarts. This use to happen in 1.3.1 but ceased in 1.3.5. Now they are back

sorry about rant.

something probably got messed up in the upgrade. A patch left undone or something. It's hard to say. I am going to do some more house keeping on the audio player. I'd say the doctor could help you but you could also wait to see if the next version will work. I found a few things that might cause problems.
  11.    #691  
    • Bug fixes in 1.4 api for the audio player.
    • Bug fixes with auto account switcher.
    • Bug fixes for Login error reporting.
    • Added a Server info scene.
    • Added a option to toggle Headphone controls.
    • Improved the style of AOTM
    • Added bookmark position of song in the stream scenes App menu
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Am i the only one who's not seeing this in preware?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm not seeing it in preware either, but grabbed it off the precentral site and using quick install to try it out.

Fain: this made no difference with my problem. See my PM.
  14.    #694  
    Am i the only one who's not seeing this in preware?
    hmm, I had to uninstall preware to get the sdk to work right. I just checked my listing at precentral and 1.9.3 is there.
    na there is really no such thing as rooting. You are just gaining command line access.

I experience a lot of bugs in webos v1.4
    even with a freshly doctored os with only homebrew being preware and AmpachPre being installed. No patches or themes. I get random luna restarts. This use to happen in 1.3.1 but ceased in 1.3.5. Now they are back

sorry about rant.

something probably got messed up in the upgrade. A patch left undone or something. It's hard to say. I am going to do some more house keeping on the audio player. I'd say the doctor could help you but you could also wait to see if the next version will work. I found a few things that might cause problems.
    I've found that if I reboot after using PreWare or App Catalog, I don't get the random Luna reboots.
  16.    #696  
    cool thanks for the tip. I think preware might have some problems with 1.4. Something in it was conflicting with the sdk. I have not had much time to test it out but as soon as I uninstalled preware the sdk worked fine.
    hmm, I had to uninstall preware to get the sdk to work right. I just checked my listing at precentral and 1.9.3 is there.
    As of this posting, AmpachPre is still unavailable in Preware. I too see it on the PreCentral site, as that's what piqued my interest. I'll manually download it and install and I'll let you know what happens.
    Now I can't get anywhere. MySQL says my password is wrong. phpAdmin says my password is wrong. I've completely uninstalled xampp and deleted all the folders, and attempted to reset the password but it keeps telling me it's wrong. If anybody who knows anything about this has aim or gtalk, I'd love some rapid response advice. This 4-5 days to troubleshoot an issue is stretching my nerves thin.
  19.    #699  
    Now I can't get anywhere. MySQL says my password is wrong. phpAdmin says my password is wrong. I've completely uninstalled xampp and deleted all the folders, and attempted to reset the password but it keeps telling me it's wrong. If anybody who knows anything about this has aim or gtalk, I'd love some rapid response advice. This 4-5 days to troubleshoot an issue is stretching my nerves thin.
    I wish I could help you more but as far as I went in windows was installing xampp. I never tried to uninstall it.

You might check here MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: B.5.4.1 How to Reset the Root Password

Check here for uninstalling xampp. apache friends - xampp for windows

Also I re upped v1.9.3 with a minor revision to the stream url. Should increase compatibility. If you already installed 1.9.3, try reinstalling it. If it is still not in preware you can get it here.

http://nucleardecay.net/ampachpre/ne..._1.9.3_all.ipk
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Just wanted to give an update. After my frustration earlier, I uninstalled xampp, ampachpre, and reset my browser settings. These are my findings.

Something in my browser was saving a password to a page that had none.

I don't think I was using the proper version of Ampache, as the instructions .pdf had a direct link to an older version.

After reinstalling xampp, setting everything up again, and reloading AmpachPre, I am happy to announce that everything is working perfectly. Took a while to add my 150 GB of music to the catalog, but now that I have, everything works better than I thought possible. Also, I am able to stream over wifi and evdo, although evdo naturally takes longer to cache.

Thanks for your assistance. Great product.