Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    is that different from the one in preware?
    Yes it has the old audio API. The login system has not been changed since then though.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

2.    #662  
    I edited the php file, what do I need to do to make those values take effect? Do I need to restart the server, or what? Sorry, this is my weakest area
    Nope, it should just start making the log in the directory you specified after youy make some activity of course.

It's not logging, for some reason... What do I need to do to make sure it can write to it?
    I don't know if it's just me being dumb or what, but I can't seem to find instructions for any of this that don't assume that I already know 90 percent of it.
  5.    #665  
    I don't know if it's just me being dumb or what, but I can't seem to find instructions for any of this that don't assume that I already know 90 percent of it.
    Here is the documentation to enable logging. Getting Help with Ampache [Ampache :: Wiki]

There is a lot of good info here start [Ampache :: Wiki] and of course i will help any way I can.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I didn't wipe the usb drive so the db should be there. I also took a backup of the usb.
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I didn't wipe the usb drive so the db should be there. I also took a backup of the usb.
    sweet ya it'll be in a hidden folder called .app-storage full path will prolly be

/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0

just rename the old one to what ever the new one is called. Then restart AmpachPre.

if I enable logging, it logs to the /var/logs/ampache directory, or attempts to but cant because the permissions aren't set. as I know nothing about this, I don't know where to set the permissions, or even where the hell /var/logs/ampache is accessible from.
  9.    #669  
    if I enable logging, it logs to the /var/logs/ampache directory, or attempts to but cant because the permissions aren't set. as I know nothing about this, I don't know where to set the permissions, or even where the hell /var/logs/ampache is accessible from.
    Are you on windows? If so you need to change it to something like C:\ampachelogs I think that would work, I am not positive though.

with or without the quotes??
  11.    #671  
    with or without the quotes??
    I'd say it is a string so with quotes, if not try it without.

ok, so my problems were two-fold. all of the stuff assumes I'm in linux, as do ALL the people I talk to. I'm not. So I set the directory. Done. Then I created the directory. Done. quite a bit later, I realized that I hadn't uncommented the log_path...

point and laugh. log file to follow
    2010-03-04 19:07:09 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1

that's all I'm getting here.

Am I not forwarding something properly?
  14.    #674  
    2010-03-04 19:07:09 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1

that's all I'm getting here.

Am I not forwarding something properly?
    hmm, so all your getting is a ping then the spinner stops?

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    hmm, so all your getting is a ping then the spinner stops?
    that's it...

2010-03-04 19:05:21 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1 ::
    2010-03-04 19:07:09 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1 ::
  16.    #676  
    that's it...

2010-03-04 19:05:21 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1 ::
    2010-03-04 19:07:09 [ampache] (API) -> Ping Received from 192.168.1.1 ::
    Weird....I'll search for a possible bug here in the ping event. Thanks for the help with the logging info.

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Weird....I'll search for a possible bug here in the ping event. Thanks for the help with the logging info.
    I'm exhausted from my own stupidity. I'm going to grab some food. If I don't get resolution when I get back, I'll try 1.9.1 and see if maybe it's just isolated to this one.

thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Tried 1.9.1 but I am still getting the error and no playback.
    Still nothing... Something must not be set up right to accept the client logging in, because I can access the web interface from my pre, just can't get AmpachPre to do anything at all...
    HOORAY! Progress! I removed and re-added the ACL, with the user account I created as the user. At least now I'm getting an error...

2010-03-04 22:35:17 [ampache] (Access Denied) -> Unathorized access attempt to API [192.168.1.1]