Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcbeth View Post
    Do you have any plans to make it possible to bookmark within a track? I am listening to some audiobooks that have 45+min tracks, and if I'm disconnected or have to turn it off and return I have to use the skip feature, and it takes forever to get back to where I was. The other thing that would make it easier would be a slider bar to be able to drag forward to a spot in the track.

Thanks, love the app.
    that sounds like a good idea. I don't listen to many audio books myself. But I don't think that would be extremely difficult to implement. The slider I have messed with in the past and that thing is weird. Maybe they have changed it since. I would like to have one as well.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    basically the re-write function uses match method to get a index of certain methods in the url the token method is a example. Then after it splits up the string I re concatenate it back including the variables for server port token and so on.

I leave the file name of the url alone though. I'd have to look at the code to get details though. When I make that server info scene I thought about putting the last attempted stream url in there as well.
    Unfortunately (fortunately?) when using a straight mp3, the "filename" in the URL is a .mp3, so there goes that idea.

I really wouldn't be surprised if our security folks are doing something stupid with the wireless.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Unfortunately (fortunately?) when using a straight mp3, the "filename" in the URL is a .mp3, so there goes that idea.

I really wouldn't be surprised if our security folks are doing something stupid with the wireless.
    that's the only thing I can think of considering it works on your home wifi. Did it stop only after 1.9.2? I can send you a copy of 1.9.1 if you'd like to test it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    that's the only thing I can think of considering it works on your home wifi. Did it stop only after 1.9.2? I can send you a copy of 1.9.1 if you'd like to test it.
    I didn't notice it until I came back to work this week, but I don't often use Wifi s it seems to conflict with bluetooth (causing stuttering of playback and not limited to AmpachePre).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am having the MEDIA_ERR_DECODE problem when starting the stream. It is affecting me on both wifi and EVDO. Using a browser/media player stream from ampache just fine.

I turned on debug in ampache, and ampachpre is logging in but appears to not be requesting the song.

WebOS 1.4
    Ampache 3.5.4
    AmpachPre 1.9.2
    Last edited by isawdrones; 03/03/2010 at 11:22 PM.
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by isawdrones View Post
    I am having the MEDIA_ERR_DECODE problem when starting the stream. It is affecting me on both wifi and EVDO. Using a browser/media player stream from ampache just fine.

I turned on debug in ampache, and ampachpre is logging in but appears to not be requesting the song.

WebOS 1.4
    Ampache 3.5.4
    AmpachPre 1.9.2
    I have got a feeling this problem has to do with the way I detect what version of ampache you are using to keep things backwards compatible. I might just go back to 3.5.4< compatibility only to keep things simple. But I am still not sure this is the problem.

To any one who is experiencing this problem. If you could pm me a testing account I would gladly run a log to see what's going on.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Streaming over Wifi works on my laptop at work.

I also noticed in RadioTime, when using wifi, I get a lot of, well, artifacts, for lack of a better word. No such thing when I use EVDO. I am considering a trip to the doctor with a proper full reset. Will I be able to restore my USB drive and get my playlists (including downloads) back?
    I have got a feeling this problem has to do with the way I detect what version of ampache you are using to keep things backwards compatible. I might just go back to 3.5.4< compatibility only to keep things simple. But I am still not sure this is the problem.

To any one who is experiencing this problem. If you could pm me a testing account I would gladly run a log to see what's going on.
    I think I'm having the same problem. Everything worked fine using Ampache 3.5.4, WebOS 1.4 and Ampachepre 1.9.1 but then I upgraded to 1.9.2. I log in fine and can search fine but when I click a song it loads up and....doesn't play. What did you do?
  9.    #649  
    Streaming over Wifi works on my laptop at work.

I also noticed in RadioTime, when using wifi, I get a lot of, well, artifacts, for lack of a better word. No such thing when I use EVDO. I am considering a trip to the doctor with a proper full reset. Will I be able to restore my USB drive and get my playlists (including downloads) back?
    I just recently went to the doctor when my app catalog app wouldn't install anything be cause of a ghost app. I deleted everything and backed up my usb drive b4. I believe there is a way to doctor and not delete the usb drive. Not sure about the cryptfs though.
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by danclarke View Post
    I think I'm having the same problem. Everything worked fine using Ampache 3.5.4, WebOS 1.4 and Ampachepre 1.9.1 but then I upgraded to 1.9.2. I log in fine and can search fine but when I click a song it loads up and....doesn't play. What did you do?
    I am using the new api because the old one is depricated. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling. I don't know why the new api would not work. Works for me fine. I have not had a problem with it yet. I think it might be working better even. I know the code is much more straight forward.

some people have had problems with the new api after upgrading to 1.4. They had to doctor to get it to work. I doctored probably week or two before 1.4 hit. First time I had to doctor since release day though
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by danclarke View Post
    if your not in the mood to go to the doctor I will upload the old 1.9.1 to my web server tonight so you can down grade. I'll post a link here and on the main post for anyone that needs it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    On the other side of doctoring now and still no go with Wifi.

The downloaded playlist is still present on the phone but Ampachpre doesn't register it. Is there some way I can recreate it or do I have to download it again? Looks like I need to recreate the other playlists I had, but that is less of an issue.
  13.    #653  
    On the other side of doctoring now and still no go with Wifi.

The downloaded playlist is still present on the phone but Ampachpre doesn't register it. Is there some way I can recreate it or do I have to download it again? Looks like I need to recreate the other playlists I had, but that is less of an issue.
    did you backup ampachpres database? I forgot to mention that sorry. There's a how to on the main post. The database is stored on the usb drive. If you didn't clean off the usb drive it might be there still ir just needs renaming.
    What am I doing wrong? I've gone through all the steps. I can log into Ampache from my PC, but not from my Pre. It just sits there at the Logging in screen, and the spinner disappears.

EDIT: I know that it's getting there, at least, because if I change the password, it says it can't log in. If I put in the proper password, it just sits there.
    Last edited by GLAzedFAith; 03/04/2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: more info
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I've gone through all the steps. I can log into Ampache from my PC, but not from my Pre. It just sits there at the Logging in screen, and the spinner disappears.

EDIT: I know that it's getting there, at least, because if I change the password, it says it can't log in. If I put in the proper password, it just sits there.
    sounds like it's timing out. I need to go over that code again. It should pop up a time out dialog at least. Can you check the log of ampache to see what it says?
    How/where do I do that? Sorry, I'm fairly tech-savvy, but I know nothing about these programs.
  17.    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    How/where do I do that? Sorry, I'm fairly tech-savvy, but I know nothing about these programs.
    Edit the cfg file you saved while setting up ampache. You can enable logging and set the directory the log will be saved. The only thing is the web server has to be able to write to this directory.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

18.    #658  
    Download AmpachPre 1.9.1 here if you need it.

AmpachPre 1.9.1
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

is that different from the one in preware?
    I edited the php file, what do I need to do to make those values take effect? Do I need to restart the server, or what? Sorry, this is my weakest area