Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1046
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Problem fixed...I redoctored again and it fixed all of my audio streaming problems.

    Gx
    Nice! Doctoring is a bit extreme but I am glad it worked!

    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    yeah it does seem to cache ridicously fast.

    where are cached files stored?
    /media/internal/.AmpachPreTmp

    They are stored there just until the stream scene is popped for now. It should be empty all other times.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    and in other news playback is not choppy this morning.
    Weird, but good news!
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

  3. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Weird, but good news!
    The only changes I am aware of are the new package manager service and a reboot. Will try wifi at work later on after I listen to my morning radio program.
  4. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Nice! Doctoring is a bit extreme but I am glad it worked!



    /media/internal/.AmpachPreTmp

    They are stored there just until the stream scene is popped for now. It should be empty all other times.
    I'm not seeing anything in that directory when using WIFI at work (which still fails.) Will compare with EVDO and then at home if I get a chance.
  5. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in that directory when using WIFI at work (which still fails.) Will compare with EVDO and then at home if I get a chance.
    Ummm, nothing in that directory during EVDO streaming either...
  6. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #626  
    Ahh I see, that's where it stores the next track after it is completely downloaded. Where does the current track go and where are in-progress downloads stored?
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Ahh I see, that's where it stores the next track after it is completely downloaded. Where does the current track go and where are in-progress downloads stored?
    the first one truly streams. It stays in ram. There after they are stored in that directory till the scene is popped. But if it has to cancel because it doesn't get done downloading it will delete it and start streaming again.
  8. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    the first one truly streams. It stays in ram. There after they are stored in that directory till the scene is popped. But if it has to cancel because it doesn't get done downloading it will delete it and start streaming again.
    Hmm. That will make this hard to debug. I would accept that they implemented some new firewall rules over the weekend or sometime last week that would break it for me, except that others seem to be having the problem. I would like to see what is actually getting to the phone when using the Wifi here at work. I guess as an alternative I could see what Ampache Mobile does. At least it should help rule in or out something in AmpachPre.
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Hmm. That will make this hard to debug. I would accept that they implemented some new firewall rules over the weekend or sometime last week that would break it for me, except that others seem to be having the problem. I would like to see what is actually getting to the phone when using the Wifi here at work. I guess as an alternative I could see what Ampache Mobile does. At least it should help rule in or out something in AmpachPre.
    I don't have much control over the difference in wifi and evdo really. The only thing in AmpachPre that deals with this is the account switcher. But you only have one account right? The only thing that happens when the account switches is the urls gets rewritten to the new accounts server info and a updated token. Can you stream from a pc over wifi? Ya try out ampache mobile and see if it works. The others couldn't get it to work either evdo or wifi.
  10. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #630  
    Ampache Mobile is giving me an unknown error in Wifi but works in EVDO.
    Last edited by angiest; 03/03/2010 at 11:27 AM.
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Ampache Mobile is giving me an unknown error in Wifi but works in Wifi.
    unknown error in wifi but it still streams?
  12. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #632  
    Typo, I corrected it.

    My next test will be to put my laptop on the wireless and see if it works using web and amarok. Unfortunately I dont know how close a test that will be, and if it is the firewall I would think internet radio wouldn't work either.

    I also tried without unthrottle download manager and it still fails.
  13.    #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Typo, I corrected it.

    My next test will be to put my laptop on the wireless and see if it works using web and amarok. Unfortunately I dont know how close a test that will be, and if it is the firewall I would think internet radio wouldn't work either.

    I also tried without unthrottle download manager and it still fails.
    they might be filtering mp3 packets as where the radio might not use mp3. Not sure. Seems like if they was going to filter any audio might as well filter all they can think of.
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Typo, I corrected it.

    My next test will be to put my laptop on the wireless and see if it works using web and amarok. Unfortunately I dont know how close a test that will be, and if it is the firewall I would think internet radio wouldn't work either.

    I also tried without unthrottle download manager and it still fails.
    is your streaming port different from your connection port?
  15. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    is your streaming port different from your connection port?
    No, its a very simple configuration.
  16. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #636  
    Streaming is working over the LAN at work. Now, I wouldn't put it past them to have done something strange like filter on the wireless but not wired, but I'm not in a position to switch my laptop onto the wireless at the moment to test that.

    What kind of re-writing is done on wifi connections?
  17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Streaming is working over the LAN at work. Now, I wouldn't put it past them to have done something strange like filter on the wireless but not wired, but I'm not in a position to switch my laptop onto the wireless at the moment to test that.

    What kind of re-writing is done on wifi connections?
    it should only re-write if you have default wifi switched on in the account prefs.
  18. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    it should only re-write if you have default wifi switched on in the account prefs.
    It is turned off, but what exactly does it do?

    I ask because, as I was testing on my laptop I remembered something that causes problems with broken media players. That is, the URL for the stream that Ampache puts out includes a "filename" that ends in .ogg, regardless of the actual format. Some media players interpret that as being a real filename (the real filename is index.php) and refuse to play if the content does not match what it takes as being the filename. Hence, on my Ampache server I have a file foo.flac which is transcoded to foo.mp3, but when the URl is generated there is a string in it that reads foo.ogg. foo.ogg is not the name of the file, index.php is, and a well-written media player understands that and uses other data to figure out how to decode the file. Now, this has previously not been a problem on the Pre (which does not even support ogg vorbis, yet), but maybe some enhancement in 1.4, preparing for ogg vorbis support, is falling down on this. Ideally I would be able to capture the file as it is being downloaded onto the Pre to see what we are receiving.
  19. #639  
    Do you have any plans to make it possible to bookmark within a track? I am listening to some audiobooks that have 45+min tracks, and if I'm disconnected or have to turn it off and return I have to use the skip feature, and it takes forever to get back to where I was. The other thing that would make it easier would be a slider bar to be able to drag forward to a spot in the track.

    Thanks, love the app.
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    It is turned off, but what exactly does it do?

    I ask because, as I was testing on my laptop I remembered something that causes problems with broken media players. That is, the URL for the stream that Ampache puts out includes a "filename" that ends in .ogg, regardless of the actual format. Some media players interpret that as being a real filename (the real filename is index.php) and refuse to play if the content does not match what it takes as being the filename. Hence, on my Ampache server I have a file foo.flac which is transcoded to foo.mp3, but when the URl is generated there is a string in it that reads foo.ogg. foo.ogg is not the name of the file, index.php is, and a well-written media player understands that and uses other data to figure out how to decode the file. Now, this has previously not been a problem on the Pre (which does not even support ogg vorbis, yet), but maybe some enhancement in 1.4, preparing for ogg vorbis support, is falling down on this. Ideally I would be able to capture the file as it is being downloaded onto the Pre to see what we are receiving.
    basically the re-write function uses match method to get a index of certain methods in the url the token method is a example. Then after it splits up the string I re concatenate it back including the variables for server port token and so on.

    I leave the file name of the url alone though. I'd have to look at the code to get details though. When I make that server info scene I thought about putting the last attempted stream url in there as well.

Posting Permissions