Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    • Updated to the new audio API used in WebOS 1.4.
    • Lowered the cache next of next limit to 2.5mb
    • Changed some scene styles to look better with the new scene switching in WebOS 1.4
    Thanks for the quick turn around on this. Unfortunately 1.9.2 still doesn't work for me...logs in fine but won't stream on wifi nor 3G

Gx
    Wait you removed the app then deleted the accounts? How did you remove the app? I know if you orange-tap it should delete the database as well. So the accounts shouldn't be there any more after deleting. Under your usb drive directory there will be a folder named
    Code:
    .app-storage
    (it will be hidden on linux systems.)

Then inside there is a directory named something like this
    Code:
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0
    check in there. you can delete the db file in there to make sure the database has been deleted. It will be named something like this.
    Code:
    000000000000001d.db
    The last two digits "1d" will most likely be different on yours.
    I deleted the app via Preware's uninstall option. I'll orange-tap it and see what that does.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Thanks for the quick turn around on this. Unfortunately 1.9.2 still doesn't work for me...logs in fine but won't stream on wifi nor 3G

Gx
    And for me EVDO works but Wifi doesn't, still gives the media decode error. I also upgraded ampache to 3.5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonp019 View Post
    I deleted the app via Preware's uninstall option. I'll orange-tap it and see what that does.

Thanks!
    I *REALLY* apologize. This appears to be a situation of PEBKAC. I did not realize that Account Name was *not* the same as User Name. I was putting my user name in *that* field and assumed that I would be prompted for my password on first login. I did not see any visual cue that the account creation section was scrollable so I never tried to scroll it to fill in the information. I discovered this after orange-tapping and deleting the app and then installing version 1.9.2. I am now currently connected with AmpachPre, now I can see if AmpachPre can work without failing the same way as Ampache Mobile does.

Thank you for your patience and your help. And, again, I *REALLY* apologize.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I *REALLY* apologize. This appears to be a situation of PEBKAC. I did not realize that Account Name was *not* the same as User Name. I was putting my user name in *that* field and assumed that I would be prompted for my password on first login. I did not see any visual cue that the account creation section was scrollable so I never tried to scroll it to fill in the information. I discovered this after orange-tapping and deleting the app and then installing version 1.9.2. I am now currently connected with AmpachPre, now I can see if AmpachPre can work without failing the same way as Ampache Mobile does.

Ahh, an ID 10 T error.

6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    And for me EVDO works but Wifi doesn't, still gives the media decode error. I also upgraded ampache to 3.5.4.
    your wifi and evdo address is the same correct?
  7.    #607  

That's cool man, happens to us all. Thanks for letting me know. One less thing I need to worry about.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    your wifi and evdo address is the same correct?
    yes I have one account pointing to my dyndns.org domain.

I will try this at home to make sure work hasn't put in some strange firewall rule or something. But I do log in fine and it caches the track.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    wifi works from home but playbackis very choppy, which makes no sense.
  10.    #610  
    wifi works from home but playbackis very choppy, which makes no sense.
    ok, I did notice the download manager acting weird on wifi. On mine it caches the next song in like 3 secs. It made the song playing chop up a bit. I didn't see any changes made in the api for the download manager though.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    ok, I did notice the download manager acting weird on wifi. On mine it caches the next song in like 3 secs. It made the song playing chop up a bit. I didn't see any changes made in the api for the download manager though.
    are you using the unthrottle download manager patch?
  12.    #612  
    nope I just figured it was something they did with the download manager. They did say the app catalog will download quicker in the release notes.
  13.    #613  
    are you using the unthrottle download manager patch?
    I tried that unthrottle patch once before 1.4 and all it seemed to do was bug AmpachPre's pre-cache. It didn't even seem to speed things up.

So on wifi for you, does the percentage not just speed up like crazy a second or so after starting to cache?
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    Just updated to 1.9.2. Still got the same error as mentioned above (MEDIA_ERR_DECODE).
    What version of Ampache are you guys using?

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have some albums of .m4a files scattered in my catalog. These of course have to be transcoded in order to play. The transcoding part works fine, however the tracks appear in AmpachPre in alphabetical order instead of ordered by track #. Can this be fixed, or is it just something that happens with transcoded files?
    Don't know exactly (I'm at work right now), but at least version 3.5.1, maybe 3.5.2.
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I have some albums of .m4a files scattered in my catalog. These of course have to be transcoded in order to play. The transcoding part works fine, however the tracks appear in AmpachPre in alphabetical order instead of ordered by track #. Can this be fixed, or is it just something that happens with transcoded files?
    Do they have the track number in the id tag? I am not sure how Ampache handles this but I think that's how. Right now AmpachPre does no sorting. It just takes it as Ampache gives it and displays it.

Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    Don't know exactly (I'm at work right now), but at least version 3.5.1, maybe 3.5.2.
    I am going to add a "server info" scene in the next release. That might help in debugging a little. If you want or anyone else that's having problems streaming, PM me a temporary account made exactly like the one you are having problems out of.

Problem fixed...I redoctored again and it fixed all of my audio streaming problems.

Gx
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I tried that unthrottle patch once before 1.4 and all it seemed to do was bug AmpachPre's pre-cache. It didn't even seem to speed things up.

So on wifi for you, does the percentage not just speed up like crazy a second or so after starting to cache?
    yeah it does seem to cache ridicously fast.

where are cached files stored?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    and in other news playback is not choppy this morning.