Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    I have NEVER been able to get AmpachPre to work. I first tried about 3 months ago and I could never log in. I found Ampache Mobile and it worked immediately. However, I seem to have stumbled across a bug in Ampache Mobile and I wanted to try AmpachPre again, only to find out that I *still* cannot log in despite being able to log in at will with Ampache Mobile.

Whenever I set up my account, AmpachPre is unable to see that I have a username set. On the login screen, I see the correct URL but the username is blank. How do I fix this?!?
    And, yes, this is with version 1.9.1 on WebOS 1.4.0.
    To give some more information, this is the error I get from the application:

Error Invalid Handshake - Invalid Username/Password: 401 - This is a Temporary Error, This means no valid session was passed or the handshake failed.

Here is the information that appears in my apache access.log:

[... removed IP address for security reasons ...] - - [28/Feb/2010:18:03:59 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=ping HTTP/1.1" 200 424 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0"

[... removed IP address for security reasons ...] - - [28/Feb/2010:18:03:59 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=8ac944fd6401a06438318b88e68c3c502f1088f43296009925b3d6ab1ca8b72 8&timestamp=1267398264&version=350001&user= HTTP/1.1" 200 438 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0"

Thank you for any help you can give!
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    I tried some songs on ampachpre 1.9.1 that worked before 1.4 and can't play any of them. I get the following error message:

Code:
    "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE: You might have a file that cannot be played natively by webOS or maybe the stream session expired. Try refreshing the login from the app menu. Then select the song again."
    Doing what it says didn't help. The time also shows NaN:NaN.

Would love to see that running again, but I can understand your pain. I therefore wish you best luck
    Yes, this happens to me now as well. I will look into it more when my tools come back :/

Quote Originally Posted by jasonp019 View Post
    To give some more information, this is the error I get from the application:

Error Invalid Handshake - Invalid Username/Password: 401 - This is a Temporary Error, This means no valid session was passed or the handshake failed.

Here is the information that appears in my apache access.log:

[... removed IP address for security reasons ...] - - [28/Feb/2010:18:03:59 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=ping HTTP/1.1" 200 424 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0"

[... removed IP address for security reasons ...] - - [28/Feb/2010:18:03:59 -0500] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=8ac944fd6401a06438318b88e68c3c502f1088f43296009925b3d6ab1ca8b72 8&timestamp=1267398264&version=350001&user= HTTP/1.1" 200 438 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0"

Thank you for any help you can give!

hmm, this is very strange. Does your username have any special characters? The app takes the string in the "Ampache Username" text field and stores into a element.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

No, it doesn't. It's a sequence of <=8 alphabetical characters.

If it helps, I'm connecting over EvDO.
  6.    #586  
    No, it doesn't. It's a sequence of <=8 alphabetical characters.

If it helps, I'm connecting over EvDO.
    Ok, when you go back to edit the account, does it show up in the username text field?

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Ok, when you go back to edit the account, does it show up in the username text field?
    Yes, it does, and it's exactly as I put it in when I created the account.

Also, I'm using a DNS name (as opposed to a straight IP address) and my web server is running on a non-standard port. The DNS name *does* resolve properly and I can access and log in to ampache via a web browser as well as Ampache Mobile.

Thank you!
    Last edited by jasonp019; 03/01/2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Put the quote for the message to which I am replying in.
  8.    #588  
    Yes, it does, and it's exactly as I put it in when I created the account.

Also, I'm using a DNS name (as opposed to a straight IP address) and my web server is running on a non-standard port. The DNS name *does* resolve properly and I can access and log in to ampache via a web browser as well as Ampache Mobile.

Thank you!
    this is very weird because the text that fills that text field comes from the same element I pull the login text from. Any chance you could pm me the username that causes the problem? Also, you might try making another account see if it works.
    this is very weird because the text that fills that text field comes from the same element I pull the login text from. Any chance you could pm me the username that causes the problem? Also, you might try making another account see if it works.
    I've tried making two other accounts, both of which exhibited the same symptons. The usernames I used for these two accounts were: jasonp019 and foobarbaz. I also tried connecting over wifi behind my firewall to the standard port 80 with the exact same results.

Where is the text file where the username is stored? Maybe I can edit it and get my username in there; or I can send you the contents offline.

Thanks!
  10.    #590  
    I've tried making two other accounts, both of which exhibited the same symptons. The usernames I used for these two accounts were: jasonp019 and foobarbaz. I also tried connecting over wifi behind my firewall to the standard port 80 with the exact same results.

Where is the text file where the username is stored? Maybe I can edit it and get my username in there; or I can send you the contents offline.

Thanks!
    It is stored in the AmpachPre database, not a text file. I entered "jasonp019" into a account and it shown up on the login screen so its not the name....

It is stored in the AmpachPre database, not a text file. I entered "jasonp019" into a account and it shown up on the login screen so its not the name....
    Hrm. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps anything. I can try to do some debugging work on the app, too, when I get home and see what's happening with the username and why it's not being stored properly, or being utilized. Notably, it *is* appearing back in the field when I edit the account.

Thank you!
    Hrm. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps anything. I can try to do some debugging work on the app, too, when I get home and see what's happening with the username and why it's not being stored properly, or being utilized. Notably, it *is* appearing back in the field when I edit the account.

Thank you!
    I just removed the app and reinstalled it, then deleted all of my accounts from the app and re-created one. Same problem.

I'll see if I can debug it tonight.

Thank you!
  13.    #593  
    I just removed the app and reinstalled it, then deleted all of my accounts from the app and re-created one. Same problem.

I'll see if I can debug it tonight.

Thank you!
    Wait you removed the app then deleted the accounts? How did you remove the app? I know if you orange-tap it should delete the database as well. So the accounts shouldn't be there any more after deleting. Under your usb drive directory there will be a folder named
    Code:
    .app-storage
    (it will be hidden on linux systems.)

Then inside there is a directory named something like this
    Code:
    file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0
    check in there. you can delete the db file in there to make sure the database has been deleted. It will be named something like this.
    Code:
    000000000000001d.db
    The last two digits "1d" will most likely be different on yours.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    I tried some songs on ampachpre 1.9.1 that worked before 1.4 and can't play any of them. I get the following error message:

Code:
    "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE: You might have a file that cannot be played natively by webOS or maybe the stream session expired. Try refreshing the login from the app menu. Then select the song again."
    Doing what it says didn't help. The time also shows NaN:NaN.

Would love to see that running again, but I can understand your pain. I therefore wish you best luck
    I'm getting this now too, but only on WIFI. EVDO is working fine for me.

However, I can stream other media (such as RadioTime streams) over Wifi.
    Has anyone had AmpachePre stopped working since 1.4.

All my streaming media apps have stopped including Ampache. Doctoring doesnt help.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Gx
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I'm getting this now too, but only on WIFI. EVDO is working fine for me.

However, I can stream other media (such as RadioTime streams) over Wifi.
    Nothing streams over wifi?
    I know a lot of stability issues came out of AmpachPre and WebOS1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Has anyone had AmpachePre stopped working since 1.4.

All my streaming media apps have stopped including Ampache. Doctoring doesnt help.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Gx
    They had some major changes in the audio API. I am working on updating it right now. Should have a small release here soon as I test it out more.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Nothing streams over wifi?
    I know a lot of stability issues came out of AmpachPre and WebOS1.4.
    Nothing from Ampache does. I can still listen to radio over WIFI.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Nothing from Ampache does. I can still listen to radio over WIFI.
    same for me, although ampachpre doesn't work using 3G here too
  19.    #599  
    • Updated to the new audio API used in WebOS 1.4.
    • Lowered the cache next of next limit to 2.5mb
    • Changed some scene styles to look better with the new scene switching in WebOS 1.4

Just updated to 1.9.2. Still got the same error as mentioned above (MEDIA_ERR_DECODE).