webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > AmpachPre
AmpachPre

Old 08/23/2009, 09:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
Can't log in either help!
What all have you done?
fain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 09:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fain View Post
What all have you done?

Do you have a guess for a debug level in Ampache I can turn on to help debug the login issue some of us are having?
angiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 10:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiest View Post
Do you have a guess for a debug level in Ampache I can turn on to help debug the login issue some of us are having?
While developing i just used debug level 5 and the responseTEXT from the xml request. I tried to get this to show up in a error dialog when logging in. I don't know if you know anything about Ajax, but when parsing a xml, if the tag requested isn't there the script just stops for some reason. So I had to omit it till I found away to display these errors. I will work on that tonight some.
Old 08/24/2009, 01:44 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
[CENTER]AmpachPre

INSTALLATION:
1. Install a LAMP, WAMP or MAMP server.
  • On Windows and mac there are a few packages that install everything you need.
    here is one for windows users
  • Ubuntu/Debian visit here
  • mac users check here
Basically you need the apache web server with php and mySQL.
for simplicity install it to C:/xampp

2. Head over to [A] m p a c h e : Pour l'Amour de la Musique depuis le 5 Mai 2001 and grab a copy of Ampache
version 3.5. (This app will NOT work with previous versions.)
You can find Installation instructions for Ampache here.
Open your web browser and type
http://localhost/ampache
This will start the configuration of ampache.
I've hit a brick wall. Ive installed mysql server, and i run it for the first time, ive followed all instructions on the wiki page you linked... but when i try to get the connection started(using the settings provided on the wiki page), i get the following error:

Could not connect to the specified instance.
MySQL error number 2003
cannot connect to mysql server on 'localhost' (10061)

have i forgotten something? did i do something wrong??

im using windows 7 by the way

UPDATE:::
Made it past that part, but after i install ampache in the xxamp directory, the wiki says to type "http://localhost/ampache" in a web browser. I do that and get a "problem loading page" screen..... what am i doing wrong??

Last edited by LTracte; 08/24/2009 at 01:56 AM.
ltracte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 02:17 AM   #45 (permalink)

ok seriously... every time i make a little progress, i find a new hurdle to leap over. I really want this to work for my pre, but getting this whole thing set up on my computer is like a herculean trial! The wiki is not much help at all. I have a feeling the directions listed there are WAYYY outdated, because nothing it says seems to match what im seeing on my computer. If you want this app to be a success, youre going to have to help us 'tards figure it out! Please, please PLEASE put together a step by step guide, from start to finish, encompassing all the neccessary programs, settings, etc to get this up and running. I'd gladly donate a healthy sum of money if you could provide the assistance i need to get this working.

Thanks in advance
Old 08/24/2009, 02:33 AM   #46 (permalink)

One more thing....the directions linked in your original post, and the subsequent directions linked from there seem to be for an older version of xampp. I really need some help here.
Old 08/24/2009, 03:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
I've hit a brick wall. Ive installed mysql server, and i run it for the first time, ive followed all instructions on the wiki page you linked... but when i try to get the connection started(using the settings provided on the wiki page), i get the following error:

Could not connect to the specified instance.
MySQL error number 2003
cannot connect to mysql server on 'localhost' (10061)

have i forgotten something? did i do something wrong??

im using windows 7 by the way

UPDATE:::
Made it past that part, but after i install ampache in the xxamp directory, the wiki says to type "http://localhost/ampache" in a web browser. I do that and get a "problem loading page" screen..... what am i doing wrong??
Sounds like the web server is not running. I need to get a xampp server up so I can support it better. I just don't have the resources. If you start the xampp control panel and start the server, the localhost link should work.
Old 08/24/2009, 05:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

wow i did it only on the second try.....lovin it thks

spoke too soon cant get it to connect on my pre......using my router ip //XXX.Xx.xXX/C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache is this right ?

Last edited by ntown901; 08/24/2009 at 06:36 AM.
ntown901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 07:27 AM   #49 (permalink)

i am kinda dumb with computers but i really want this app for my pre. can someone help me with setup instructions for a dummy?
jeffdipiazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 07:45 AM   #50 (permalink)

yeah, wiki directions are for xp, im running vista.... are the directions the same for vista?
toli81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 07:53 AM   #51 (permalink)

Before I go through all of this to test I'd like to know one simple thing. I've been using Orb to do this since day 1 but always hated how you had to have your screen on for it to stream media(idealy I could start a playlist and put the phone into my pocket). Can anyone here inform me of said functionality? I think I read that Palm has some things locked down and wont allow network access when the screen goes idle or is locked.
Jbh613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 09:09 AM   #52 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm having the same issue where the Pre client just spins trying to log in. I have the site running fine at Ampache :: Pour l'Amour de la Musique and I have the right access rule added as shown in the attached pic. I can log in through the web interface with the same credentials I am entering in to AmpachPre. Still no luck (3.5.1 here).
Attached Images
File Type: png acl.png (16.3 KB, 37 views) Email Attachment
bsiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 09:32 AM   #53 (permalink)

yep, same issues... i can enter from the PRE browser, I can enter using WiFI and EvDO from Pre's browser... but not from the app... and also my client doesn't spin anywhere...

WebOS 1.0.3
Windows 7
Ampache 3.5.1
figus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 12:09 PM   #54 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
wow i did it only on the second try.....lovin it thks

spoke too soon cant get it to connect on my pre......using my router ip //XXX.Xx.xXX/C:\xampp\htdocs\ampache is this right ?
the address field on ampachpre would be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ampache
Quote:
Originally Posted by toli81 View Post
yeah, wiki directions are for xp, im running vista.... are the directions the same for vista?
If you can get xampp running on vista, ampache should run just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH613 View Post
Before I go through all of this to test I'd like to know one simple thing. I've been using Orb to do this since day 1 but always hated how you had to have your screen on for it to stream media(idealy I could start a playlist and put the phone into my pocket). Can anyone here inform me of said functionality? I think I read that Palm has some things locked down and wont allow network access when the screen goes idle or is locked.
I have not implemented playlists yet. The song you select keeps playing if you turn off the screen though. If the phone didnt allow network access while the phone was at locked, then push email would not work nor would aim and gtalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figus View Post
yep, same issues... i can enter from the PRE browser, I can enter using WiFI and EvDO from Pre's browser... but not from the app... and also my client doesn't spin anywhere...

WebOS 1.0.3
Windows 7
Ampache 3.5.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
I'm having the same issue where the Pre client just spins trying to log in. I have the site running fine at Ampache :: Pour l'Amour de la Musique and I have the right access rule added as shown in the attached pic. I can log in through the web interface with the same credentials I am entering in to AmpachPre. Still no luck (3.5.1 here).
I am working on this problem. I might know what it is.
Old 08/24/2009, 01:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

New version 1.0.1 up!
  • added support for multiple accounts
  • added logs for troubleshooting the login issues.
to view the log, ssh/novacom into your pre and type this command.
Code:
log net.nucleardecay.ampachpre
Old 08/24/2009, 01:24 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
New version 1.0.1 up!
Code:
thats great... but we need a more thorough, dumbed down tutorial on how to get this whole thing set up on our computers. As I stated in an earlier post, i would gladly donate some money if you could do that. The tutorials you pointed us to are for xp, not vista or windows 7, and the tutorial is for an earlier version of apache as well. Please help us out, as this has the potential to be one of the best apps available for the pre.

Thanks again
Old 08/24/2009, 01:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
New version 1.0.1 up!
Code:
Umm I get log not found....

Is there a package I might have missed when I root'd my pre?
angiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 01:58 PM   #58 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
thats great... but we need a more thorough, dumbed down tutorial on how to get this whole thing set up on our computers. As I stated in an earlier post, i would gladly donate some money if you could do that. The tutorials you pointed us to are for xp, not vista or windows 7, and the tutorial is for an earlier version of apache as well. Please help us out, as this has the potential to be one of the best apps available for the pre.

Thanks again
When I get home from school tonight, I will set up ampache on my vista 32bit box and document the steps I take. i do not have a windows 7 box I can test on though.
Old 08/24/2009, 02:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiest View Post
Umm I get log not found....

Is there a package I might have missed when I root'd my pre?
I assumed the log command was in the pre as it is in the emulator. Ic now it is not
Old 08/24/2009, 03:27 PM   #60 (permalink)

+1 for a "dummy" version of vista setup instructions.

I read through the wiki and tried to get this going, but the instructions are a bit scattered/confusing for those of us who aren't that familiar with all the lingo & setting up webserver type things. Would be much appreciated by many I'm sure

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
carysb7478 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0