Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    hmm, that's not a good sign. I wonder what your ampache server tag is returning. Any chance of a guest account? It works on my 3.5.4 server fine.
    Got it working... I deleted Ampachpre rebooted and reinstalled and it worked.

Thanks.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Absolutely awesome. Great job, thanks for the giant update. Where's your donate button btw?

My AmpachPre seems to be caching more than just the next song now! Cool! What is it, 4 songs? (though it chews up the battery)

Love the universal search. Good implementation.

Nicely done on the slimmer style of the albums/artists/songs displayed. Might want to add # of songs when in artist view too. Now I really want that sorting by artist in album view, haha

I'll give more thoughts tomorrow after using it for awhile at work.
    Ya, I was browsing my music tonight and thought it would be nice to sort by year so I could find the album I was looking for faster.

It was supposed to cache the next of the next before this update but there was a nasty bug in there so I squashed it....The download caches the next of the next if the previous was less than 3.5 mb. I did this because I would go out of network temporarily on the way to school. If I had two tracks that would be less of a chance I would have a pause in between songs. I did have it at 2.5 mb but it never fired right and I upped it. Now it might be working too much, I might lower it some.

Thanks for the help on the interface. I worry it is a little too slim but it does look better.

Number of songs in the artist scene would be easy.

I am going tackle the audio object some more. I am still a newb when it comes to OOP. I started this project only knowing html a tiny bit of CSS and how to make a alert in javascript. I think I have come pretty far. Still got a ways to go though.

Are you on 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 btw?
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Got it working... I deleted Ampachpre rebooted and reinstalled and it worked.

Thanks.
    O' cool Glad you got it.

Did you have a previous install of AmpachPre b4 you installed 1.9.0?
    might have been a stuck stream assistant file from the old install. This seems to happen to me sometimes with the sdk on random files. Deleting and reinstalling usually works.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Are you on 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 btw?
    I'm on 3.5.2. It was so touch and go getting my Ampache server running smoothly, I kinda have resisted making any changes

Everything seems to be going swimmingly with 1.9.0 here at work.

Other things I noticed:
    The cancel button is only on searches from the home screen. Might want to add it throughout the app, (such as if I accidentally hit play all on the albums screen) for consistency.
    That Browse popup is functional, but it sure is ugly. Every word shouldn't be capitalized, and "Will Exhaust Memory" should be "may exhaust memory" to be less scary imo.
    When viewing an album, clicking the (new!) Album Art in the top right will work as Play All. Neat!

Also, it's category not catagory. Its misspelled on the home screen and browse popup.
  5.    #565  
    I'm on 3.5.2. It was so touch and go getting my Ampache server running smoothly, I kinda have resisted making any changes

Everything seems to be going swimmingly with 1.9.0 here at work.
    Well it is pretty easy to upgrade. You can make another ampache folder just in case things go a foul. I use the same database but if your worried you can make another database as well.

Other things I noticed:
    The cancel button is only on searches from the home screen. Might want to add it throughout the app, (such as if I accidentally hit play all on the albums screen) for consistency.
    Ya, I wanted to do this but its not as simple as it looks. I got a Idea that might make it a little easier.

That Browse popup is functional, but it sure is ugly. Every word shouldn't be capitalized, and "Will Exhaust Memory" should be "may exhaust memory" to be less scary imo.
    Palms alert dialogue does the capitalize thing automatically. I don't like it either. I am thinking about making the browse all list on the home screen.

Are you able to browse all your songs? I noticed the error I get in AmpachPre's log and I found out that it is a xml from Ampache saying exhausted memory. I get this while building my catalogue if my php memory is set too low.

When viewing an album, clicking the (new!) Album Art in the top right will work as Play All. Neat!
    Surprise!

Also, it's category not catagory. Its misspelled on the home screen and browse popup.
    oops haha, ma bad

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Are you able to browse all your songs? I noticed the error I get in AmpachPre's log and I found out that it is a xml from Ampache saying exhausted memory. I get this while building my catalogue if my php memory is set too low.
    No, I can't browse all my songs either (~7000), but the popup is phrased like clicking anything there will exhaust your memory. I can browse my Artists or Albums fine.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I have 1.9.0 of ampachpre and 3.5.1 of ampache server. I can log into my server from my pre's browser but not through the app. The logging in screen just has a spinner for about 10seconds annd then it the spinner goes away. Nothing happens after that, no error or anything.

anyone have some advice?
    Last night I installed everything as the guide said I had it working fine, listening to music on my Pre aetc. I started it again this morning and I got a timeout error when trying to log in and can no longer get to the Ampache configuration @ the localhost site on my PC. I know I have the address right cos I bookmarked it. Is there something I needed to save or will I have to go through the setup again?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    @danclarke
    Maybe try restarting the ampache server?
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by danclarke View Post
    Last night I installed everything as the guide said I had it working fine, listening to music on my Pre aetc. I started it again this morning and I got a timeout error when trying to log in and can no longer get to the Ampache configuration @ the localhost site on my PC. I know I have the address right cos I bookmarked it. Is there something I needed to save or will I have to go through the setup again?
    Is the web server running?

Quote Originally Posted by sillydino View Post
    I have 1.9.0 of ampachpre and 3.5.1 of ampache server. I can log into my server from my pre's browser but not through the app. The logging in screen just has a spinner for about 10seconds annd then it the spinner goes away. Nothing happens after that, no error or anything.

anyone have some advice?
    Do you have a api acl in place? Make sure you set the rule to all users and use a good ip range.

It should at least give a time-out error. I'll have to check into that.

edit: just noticed Dan seems to be getting the time-out error...weird...
    You say it just has a spinner and none of your account info?

11.    #571  
    Looks like webos 1.4 broke AmpachPre not sure why yet. I can't do much till the new sdk gets released

12.    #572  
    Got a quick work around to not having the sdk yet. Posted a quick fix update.

v 1.9.1

There is a problem with the song duration in the stream scene I know, Let me know if you come across anything else.

Probably sounds really obvious but I didn't realise I needed to restart Apache and mySQL via the XAMPP Control Panel before logging on via the Pre. So it now works fine.....except before I worked this out I re-installed everything and now it doesn't work!
    B@lls! I had it running perfectly 1st time and I screwed it. Maybe the "Ampache how to vista 32.pdf could explain this to the non server savvy types. Other than that it was easy to follow thanks.

Now though. I log on fine via the Pre but for some reason I can't search any of my songs. It finds the catalog but its like its empty...but its not! Any ideas?
    When you said Webos 1.4.0 broke AmpachePre is this what you meant? Where can I find v 1.9.1.
  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by danclarke View Post
    Probably sounds really obvious but I didn't realise I needed to restart Apache and mySQL via the XAMPP Control Panel before logging on via the Pre. So it now works fine.....except before I worked this out I re-installed everything and now it doesn't work!
    B@lls! I had it running perfectly 1st time and I screwed it. Maybe the "Ampache how to vista 32.pdf could explain this to the non server savvy types. Other than that it was easy to follow thanks.

Now though. I log on fine via the Pre but for some reason I can't search any of my songs. It finds the catalog but its like its empty...but its not! Any ideas?
    When you said Webos 1.4.0 broke AmpachePre is this what you meant? Where can I find v 1.9.1.
    1.9.1 is in the precentral app repository but it is down atm. I have been trying it all day. I uploaded it but that's all I can do I am afraid. Yes not much will work with 1.4 and AmpachPre1.9.0.

edit: if it's not up by the time I get home I will upload the ipk to my server so it can be installed with webosquickinstall.
  15.    #575  
    after many trys I finally got it installed via preware.
  16.    #576  
    This is really urking me! There are bugs and I cant fix them , sorry. Hopefully they release an updated sdk soon.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    1.9.1 is working here, but when playing it does not show the total length of the track. But it does show how long it has been playing the current track. That is the only breakage I note so far in 1.9.1 on 1.4.0.
  18.    #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    1.9.1 is working here, but when playing it does not show the total length of the track
    I know that's weird, it does sometimes. Seems to be only when the song is cached to disk. Also, I had a problem with the next image not caching properly. But just sometimes though. O' well, I'm gonna play some video games to get ma mind off of it. They usually have the new sdk out with in a day or so. Thanks!

After downloading v1.9.1 it works perfectly for me too! Excellent job, great app!
    I tried some songs on ampachpre 1.9.1 that worked before 1.4 and can't play any of them. I get the following error message:

Code:
    "MEDIA_ERR_DECODE: You might have a file that cannot be played natively by webOS or maybe the stream session expired. Try refreshing the login from the app menu. Then select the song again."
    Doing what it says didn't help. The time also shows NaN:NaN.

Would love to see that running again, but I can understand your pain. I therefore wish you best luck