Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    On a semi-related note, I have noticed that, rather than starting to cache the next track immediately upon starting one track, or upon completion of caching the current track, the next track (frequently? always?) doesn't start to be cached until about half way through the current track. This behaviour frequently exposes the problem I initially discussed.
    I've paid a little more attention to this second issue. It seems that once there has been an instance of the next track being successfully cached then caching the next track being shortly after the current track begins to play. I don't know if this always happens, and of course if the track switches before caching the next one then it is likely that this problem resurfaces.
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    So are you saying don't upgrade to 3.5.4 until the next version of Ampachpre comes out?
    Yes, he changed a name of the sid method in the url. I rewrite the url because most peoples address changes when connecting between wifi and evdo. Also, in saved playlists, the token has to be updated each session. So as it is in the upcoming release so far its going to become 3.5.4 or greater. support for below will be deprecated. I am still in brainstorm mode to try and avoid this but I am not sure if it will be possible. If there was a way to get the exact Ampache version you are running it could be done easily, but as far as I see there is not a way as the ping method returns version 350001 for either 3.5.4 or 3.5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Ok, how about some more then And let me know if any of these functions can be duplicated in AmpachePre currently, and I just don't know about them.

When you search for an artist that has multiple albums, how about some kind of button at the top of the list that allows you to play all the songs from all the albums?
    This would be easy and I might throw it in the next release. It would have been nice to have earlier tonight XD

In the full album list, how about the ability to sort? Sorting Albums by Artist Name would help usability for me so much.
    I can look into this

I know you said you weren't very good with CSS, but if there were some way to make the entries (Albums, Artists, Songs) a little slimmer, I think that would make better use of screen space available.
    This wouldn't be a problem really. I cut down on the info I had in there already. (I would like to have more.) I could put the main elements(album/artist/time etc.) info on the same row. But this might cause clipping on long names. I'll play around with it some.

How about a cancel button when Searching? A back gesture from there logs back out to the connections list.
    I thought about this because sometimes the search hangs which is very annoying I know. This is why in the last major release I added a search timeout. I can't remember how long I set it to in 1.8.8 but now I have set at 20 seconds due to universal search taking a little longer. A cancel function would be nice.

And a question for everyone: How are you using the bookmarks function? Do you find it useful?

Thanks
    Of course I like it I wrote it :P I can pop AmpachPre up and click my favourite artist from the home page. Makes things easier for me on the go and in a hurry. I would like to be able to book mark saved playlists and downloaded playlists as well. I could make a option for default homepage display (either AOTM or bookmarks).

Bug or can't be done otherwise?

I have noticed that if the track changes before the next song is cached (anywhere from 1-99% completion) then the cache is discarded and the song has to be cached again from the beginning. Can the part that has already been cached be used or are you forced to discard it and start over?
    Not a bug, when I released pre caching this way I wanted it to be temporary, but it works very well for me. So I have not looked into a better way. When caching the song Palms download manager names the file as a hidden linux file. When it is done it renames it. So I would have to rename the source in the middle of playing the song :/ So I just have it cancel the download if its not completely done then start streaming again. Not good for people on limited bandwidth. So I made a option to turn it off in settings. I hate to waste that bandwidth but on sprint I thing we are pretty safe. The other way I thought of worked but was pretty buggy. Maybe I'll try it again soon now that I have a little more experience.

On a semi-related note, I have noticed that, rather than starting to cache the next track immediately upon starting one track, or upon completion of caching the current track, the next track (frequently? always?) doesn't start to be cached until about half way through the current track. This behaviour frequently exposes the problem I initially discussed.
    We'll this is kind of a illusion because I do not know exactly how to get the buffered points from a audio object. When the download is caching the progress bar is 100% accurate this is easy. But on the initial stream, the progress bar is just counting incrementally to let you know it has started downloading. I believe I found the method to do this but cannot figure out how to extract the points out of it. I am still working on that.

The next track will not start caching until the previous one has finished loading. (when the 'load' event occurs, this is when the progress bar drops to 0 and starts caching the next song) I did this to keep the load on the network down. When the song is already cached to the drive, the load event fires almost immediately so the next song starts caching pretty much as soon the song starts. It is not the best way but is the best I could figure out until I get a better way
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Thanks again for the replies, Fain.
    I was just going to suggest a little "go" button at the edge of the search bar, in order to be able to search all without having to open the keyboard to press enter, then I found out that can be done by clicking the magnifying glass at the bottom left. I'm still learning, it would seem...

Y'know, I'm starting to really like the idea of having those 4 navigation buttons at the bottom all the time. Even though they take up space, the ability to quickly get to Search, Current Playlist, Playlists and Downloads is smooth and easy. These will make AmpachePre that much better after you get the whole browse-while-listening thing down.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    This wouldn't be a problem really. I cut down on the info I had in there already. (I would like to have more.) I could put the main elements(album/artist/time etc.) info on the same row. But this might cause clipping on long names. I'll play around with it some.
    Cool, Glad to hear it.
    Seems like that button to bookmark/add to playlist takes up space. Would it be possible to move those options "underneath" the entry, accessed when you swipe it over? Though that would be a lot of extra taps in cases of adding a lot of entries to the playlist quickly.

Of course I like it I wrote it :P I can pop AmpachPre up and click my favourite artist from the home page. Makes things easier for me on the go and in a hurry. I would like to be able to book mark saved playlists and downloaded playlists as well. I could make a option for default homepage display (either AOTM or bookmarks).
    Well personally, I'm not a big fan of either. AOTM I just use as a stopgap until theres an easy way to shuffle.
    But on the subject of Bookmarks, how about giving them their own screen.
    Hear me out .
    Instead of a "home screen" type situation, I'm now visualizing those nav buttons at the bottom playing a big role. You have your Search screen accessed by the magnifying glass, your current playlist screen, playlists screen, downloads screen, and then add another button at the bottom for a bookmarks screen. Then in the options you could set any of those as the default when AmpachePre starts.
    That would give you more space for more full featured Search and Bookmarks screens.
  4.    #544  
    Thanks again for the replies, Fain.
    I was just going to suggest a little "go" button at the edge of the search bar, in order to be able to search all without having to open the keyboard to press enter, then I found out that can be done by clicking the magnifying glass at the bottom left. I'm still learning, it would seem...
    Ya, that button would be better in the search text field. A little more intuitive.

Cool, Glad to hear it.
    Seems like that button to bookmark/add to playlist takes up space. Would it be possible to move those options "underneath" the entry, accessed when you swipe it over? Though that would be a lot of extra taps in cases of adding a lot of entries to the playlist quickly.
    I think it might be possible to change the look of that sub-menu but adding buttons and changing the cancel button function I do not think is possible. I don't really want extra taps in there either. I might be able to make the button a little smaller. I don't remember what Palms recommendation on tap size is atm.

Well personally, I'm not a big fan of either. AOTM I just use as a stopgap until theres an easy way to shuffle.
    But on the subject of Bookmarks, how about giving them their own screen.
    Hear me out .
    Instead of a "home screen" type situation, I'm now visualizing those nav buttons at the bottom playing a big role. You have your Search screen accessed by the magnifying glass, your current playlist screen, playlists screen, downloads screen, and then add another button at the bottom for a bookmarks screen. Then in the options you could set any of those as the default when AmpachePre starts.
    That would give you more space for more full featured Search and Bookmarks screens.
    I thought about giving bookmarks their own screen while implementing it as a easier way to manage them. I just didn't know if it was really worth the extra coding as the only other thing I have to put in that spot is AOTM.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Hmm, since streaming doesn't work for me yet, I haven't had a whole lot of experience with it. But as for the issue with the bookmark/add to playlist buttons - what happens when you tap the album art? If nothing, maybe you could make those swap out with, or appear over, the album art when it's tapped, and they stick around for all songs until you tap (outside of them? or a "hide options" button?) Or maybe they could even just be small, translucent buttons with symbolic icons at the corner(s) of the album art? (There is an album art display on each song, right?)
  6.    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Hmm, since streaming doesn't work for me yet, I haven't had a whole lot of experience with it. But as for the issue with the bookmark/add to playlist buttons - what happens when you tap the album art? If nothing, maybe you could make those swap out with, or appear over, the album art when it's tapped, and they stick around for all songs until you tap (outside of them? or a "hide options" button?) Or maybe they could even just be small, translucent buttons with symbolic icons at the corner(s) of the album art? (There is an album art display on each song, right?)
    The only places I display album art is in AOTM and the streaming scene. I cut it out of everywhere else for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    Thanks,

Still getting errors.....followed everything in the instruction guide....great idea for an app but setting it up has taken waaayy to long.

Thanks again
    I'm having the same issue. I set up my Ampache server and can access it on my PC, but when trying to connect to it from my Pre, no luck. I'm running Ampache 3.5.4. These are my settings:

Ampache Server Address:
    (my PC's IP address)
    Ampache Directory Root:
    ampache
    Connection Port
    80 (should I change this?)
    Streaming port:
    Ampache Username:
    wh1pla5h
    Ampache Password:

I'm stuck and have been working really hard to get this to work. Any help would be great.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1pla5h View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I set up my Ampache server and can access it on my PC, but when trying to connect to it from my Pre, no luck. I'm running Ampache 3.5.4. These are my settings:

Ampache Server Address:
    (my PC's IP address)
    Ampache Directory Root:
    ampache
    Connection Port
    Streaming port:
    Ampache Username:
    wh1pla5h
    Ampache Password:

I'm stuck and have been working really hard to get this to work. Any help would be great.
    Can you backlevel your Ampache to 3.5.3? Apparently there are some changes in the URL used by Ampache 3.5.4 such that it is incompatible with current releases of Ampachpre.
  9.    #549  
    Can you backlevel your Ampache to 3.5.3? Apparently there are some changes in the URL used by Ampache 3.5.4 such that it is incompatible with current releases of Ampachpre.
    well the login will still work, just not the streaming.

@wh1pla5h

are you trying to login over evdo or wifi? What ip are you using in either case? Do you get any errors in ampachpre? Make sure your firewall has a port forward to your ampache server on 80 if you choose 80 that is.
    I forwarded my ports and was able to successfully launch both Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre. However, mobile is the only one of the two that will actually play music. I'm fine with this for now. Thanks
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1pla5h View Post
    I forwarded my ports and was able to successfully launch both Ampache Mobile and AmpachPre. However, mobile is the only one of the two that will actually play music. I'm fine with this for now. Thanks
    ok ya as mentioned above, streaming will not work with 3.5.4 until the next version of ampachpre which is 1.9.0. Glad you got it working
    Yes, he changed a name of the sid method in the url. I rewrite the url because most peoples address changes when connecting between wifi and evdo. Also, in saved playlists, the token has to be updated each session. So as it is in the upcoming release so far its going to become 3.5.4 or greater. support for below will be deprecated. I am still in brainstorm mode to try and avoid this but I am not sure if it will be possible. If there was a way to get the exact Ampache version you are running it could be done easily, but as far as I see there is not a way as the ping method returns version 350001 for either 3.5.4 or 3.5.3
    Code:
    <root>
    <server>3.6-Alpha1 Subversion Rev: 2255</server>
    <version>350001</version>
    <compatible>350001</compatible>
    </root>
    the <server> listed there should give you the "string" value for the version. For stable releases it should be 3.5.4.

<version> and <compatible> should be used for ensuring the API calls will actually work against the server.

As you hit little things like this, feel free to submit requests to Ampache Bug Reports.

-Karl Vollmer
    Ampache Lead Dev.
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by vollmerk View Post
    Code:
    <root>
    </root>
    the <server> listed there should give you the "string" value for the version. For stable releases it should be 3.5.4.

<version> and <compatible> should be used for ensuring the API calls will actually work against the server.

As you hit little things like this, feel free to submit requests to Ampache Bug Reports.

-Karl Vollmer
    Ampache Lead Dev.
    Awesome thanks!! I totally looked over that. This most certainly will serve as a fix for now.

I did not know it was a bug. I thought it was working as intended doh!

Haha, what an honor! The lead dev. of Ampache signed up for these forums just to help you with that one post. =P
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Haha, what an honor! The lead dev. of Ampache signed up for these forums just to help you with that one post. =P
    for real, thanks vollmerk!! Help, he most certainly did. AmpachPre 1.9 will be backwards compatible now. (<=3.5.4).
  16.    #556  
    • Added a Universal search all catagory.
    • If you search "All" with a empty search field, you will be given a option to browse by artists, albums or songs. (note: i have 15000+ songs, browse songs crashes AmpachPre for me.)
    • Added a boolean option to search incase you know exactly what you want.
    • you can now rename saved playlists (this should update any pre 1.8.3 playlists that where not deleted before upgrading. Just change the name and save)
    • now if you listen to more than half a song or the song has elapsed 260 seconds and you skip or close stream scene. The song will be scrobbled. (note: it doesnt look like there is enough time to scrobble if you just close the app while playing)
    • added options for turning on/off bluetooth and headphone controls.
    • added version/account settings checker, now is any settings are updated with a new version, ampachpre will auto set them to the default value and tell you whats new.
    • Added a "What's New?" scene when upgradeing to a new version. You can also access this scene from the accounts menu.
    • changed the style of the account scene.
    • fixed a bug where if you left the ping interval field blank the account would not save.
    • updated the google image search url
    • now if the last fm handshake fails all songs listened will be cached till you are logged in to last.fm again
    • added a cancel button to the search scrim.
    • Changed many styles of each scene
    • added icons for albums, artists and songs.
    • added play all to albums, artists, and songs scenes.
    • if you have multiple songs book marked, ampachpre will pull all the songs and make a playlist out of them.
    • added a refresh login interval to keep the stream session alive. This will not fire if there is a song streaming or downloading
    • changed the look of bookmarks

I have a problem. I have it set up correctly (I think). I can use Ampanche Mobile but wanted to give AmpachePre a try.

I have AmpachePre 1.9.0
    Ampache 3.5.4

When I try to play a song (after 30 seconds or so ) I get MEDIA_ERR_ABORTED-- The fetching process for the media resource was aborted by the user agent at the user's request.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
  18.    #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    I have a problem. I have it set up correctly (I think). I can use Ampanche Mobile but wanted to give AmpachePre a try.

I have AmpachePre 1.9.0
    Ampache 3.5.4

When I try to play a song (after 30 seconds or so ) I get MEDIA_ERR_ABORTED-- The fetching process for the media resource was aborted by the user agent at the user's request.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
    hmm, that's not a good sign. I wonder what your ampache server tag is returning. Any chance of a guest account? It works on my 3.5.4 server fine.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    • Added a Universal search all catagory.
    • If you search "All" with a empty search field, you will be given a option to browse by artists, albums or songs. (note: i have 15000+ songs, browse songs crashes AmpachPre for me.)
    • Added a boolean option to search incase you know exactly what you want.
    • you can now rename saved playlists (this should update any pre 1.8.3 playlists that where not deleted before upgrading. Just change the name and save)
    • now if you listen to more than half a song or the song has elapsed 260 seconds and you skip or close stream scene. The song will be scrobbled. (note: it doesnt look like there is enough time to scrobble if you just close the app while playing)
    • added options for turning on/off bluetooth and headphone controls.
    • added version/account settings checker, now is any settings are updated with a new version, ampachpre will auto set them to the default value and tell you whats new.
    • Added a "What's New?" scene when upgradeing to a new version. You can also access this scene from the accounts menu.
    • changed the style of the account scene.
    • fixed a bug where if you left the ping interval field blank the account would not save.
    • updated the google image search url
    • now if the last fm handshake fails all songs listened will be cached till you are logged in to last.fm again
    • added a cancel button to the search scrim.
    • Changed many styles of each scene
    • added icons for albums, artists and songs.
    • added play all to albums, artists, and songs scenes.
    • if you have multiple songs book marked, ampachpre will pull all the songs and make a playlist out of them.
    • added a refresh login interval to keep the stream session alive. This will not fire if there is a song streaming or downloading
    • changed the look of bookmarks
    Absolutely awesome. Great job, thanks for the giant update. Where's your donate button btw?

My AmpachPre seems to be caching more than just the next song now! Cool! What is it, 4 songs? (though it chews up the battery)

Love the universal search. Good implementation.

Nicely done on the slimmer style of the albums/artists/songs displayed. Might want to add # of songs when in artist view too. Now I really want that sorting by artist in album view, haha

I'll give more thoughts tomorrow after using it for awhile at work.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by vollmerk View Post
    Code:
    <root>
    </root>

-Karl Vollmer
    Ampache Lead Dev.
    Haha, i just looked over this a little more carefully this time. Ya, it would be nice to have a way to differentiate between server versions numerically. I'll post a request here soon. Sorry, I got excited about the fix.