Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    thanks, from my experience, this happens just on wifi while not charging. If you are plugged up to something the wifi does not turn off. Evdo seems to work fine when the phone is sleeping. I am not sure if palm has opened up any api that could prevent sleep besided the alarm. I might be able to use it to keep the phone awake just while downloading.
    But I have a problem though.

Maybe it has something to do with my big library (18 000 songs), but I can't get it to work perfectly.

I login OK.

Then :
    - Genre : Displays OK 9/10 times (otherwise nothing displays)
    - Random : Works OK
    - Album : Displays OK 7/10 times but only until an album starting with "Cha", so only the firsts albums.
    - Artists : Never got it to display something
    - Search : 8/10 depending on what I search

Any clue on how to get it to work better ?

Thank you for all the time you spend coding this fantastic player ! I so look forward to listen to all my home music from my phone !
    Sorry ... wrong thread ... I'm actually using Ampache Mobile not AmpachPre.

But I can actually give it a try ! :-)
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    Sorry ... wrong thread ... I'm actually using Ampache Mobile not AmpachPre.

But I can actually give it a try ! :-)
    ya I was gonna say ampachpre doesn't have a genre filter. Sounds **** you have some special characters. I have not ran into this problem yet but I read about in ampache mobiles thread all the time. I'm sure ampachpre has the same problem but no one has reported it yet.
    With ApachPre I'm unable to login :
    Login timed or incorrect address

Thé URL is OK, without "http://"
  6.    #466  
    With ApachPre I'm unable to login :
    Login timed or incorrect address

Thé URL is OK, without "http://"
    make sure all your settings (username, password, etc) are correct. Are you using ssl?
    No SSL. I have only 2 fields like :
    url : jalil.myprivateipdomain.com
    login : mylogin
    pass : mypass

I login OK in a browser with the exact same infos (except for the "http://" prefix).
  8.    #468  
    No SSL. I have only 2 fields like :
    url : jalil.myprivateipdomain.com
    login : mylogin
    pass : mypass

I login OK in a browser with the exact same infos (except for the "http://" prefix).
    Ok, what about the path ampache resides in, is it in root? for example
    Code:
    jalil.myprivateipdomain.com/ampache-3.5.1
    Yes it is in root. In fact, if I just open my browser and type URL jalil.myprivateipdomain.com I can see Ampache home ...
  10.    #470  
    Yes it is in root. In fact, if I just open my browser and type URL jalil.myprivateipdomain.com I can see Ampache home ...
    try enabling logs in ampache then try to connect. See what the log says. Does the time out come up immediatley or does it take 30 seconds?
    Ok, so I have scanned 18 pages of this thread and found nothing like what I am experiencing.

I am running the newest version of Ampache and Ampachepre, but I also have over 700 albums (totalling 7000+ songs) in my library. For some reason, I am not able to pull a full list down. My search just runs and runs, never giving me a response. Even when I try the Album of the Moment, it doesn't pull anything down.

Do I need to leave it open one day and let it download and cache the entire list, or do I already need to know what I want to listen to?

For the record, running on a 2gHz PC (Server 2003) on a 12M pipe.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwilson View Post
    Ok, so I have scanned 18 pages of this thread and found nothing like what I am experiencing.

I am running the newest version of Ampache and Ampachepre, but I also have over 700 albums (totalling 7000+ songs) in my library. For some reason, I am not able to pull a full list down. My search just runs and runs, never giving me a response. Even when I try the Album of the Moment, it doesn't pull anything down.

Do I need to leave it open one day and let it download and cache the entire list, or do I already need to know what I want to listen to?

FWIW, I get the same problem trying a blank search on songs. It never retrieves the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    FWIW, I get the same problem trying a blank search on songs. It never retrieves the list.
    Probably the same issue that Ampache Mobile has, crap in the tags.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Probably the same issue that Ampache Mobile has, crap in the tags.
    I get that if Ampache (in Mobile) if, for instance, Ampache is set to log but the log location is not writable.
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwilson View Post

sounds like the tag problem. It shouldn't take a day to get the list. My collection is 11,000+ I don't have any problem tags that I know of.
    Ok, so how do I get rid of all my "problem" tags? I did find one album that had all ?s and !s as titles. Disabled those, then ran Ampache's delete_disabled script. Still no change. Plus, that album is still there, although now its just a bunch of spaces.
    I think I fixed it. Excuse the n00bish behavior. I'm usually pretty good about these kind of things, but I've never used Ampache until last week. I didn't realize the UPDATE option would clear things out of the catalog.

Now maybe I can get back to doing what I am paid to do at my desk, instead of remotely toying with my machines at home!
  18.    #478  
    IMPORTANT!
    Before upgrading to 1.8... If you have any downloads you would like to keep listed in ampachpre,
    back up your database. (how to below) Then delete ampachpre and install 1.8.
    If you are not worried about keeping the downloads listed in ampachpre just go ahead and delete ampachpre.
    All downloaded files will be left on your usb partition.

• Save play list feature added
      the play list save scene acts mostly like the downloads scene.
      make a play list and click the multiple list icon to create a new playlist container to save your playlist.
    • bookmark songs added.
    • new ampachpre theme now with more icons.
    • fixed downloads hanging on art file if account type is https://
    • In order to get saved playlists to work I had to re-design the account system.
      there is now a few new fields
      streaming port: this is the http:// port you use if you are using ssl and it is not port 80 if it is port 80 just leave it blank
      connection port: same as above but for all encrypted transactions.
      the address field is now just the domain name
      the directory field is for the path ampache resides in.
    • downloads now save into a directory of the playlist name. /media/internal/yourPersonalPath/playlistName/artist/album/song.mp3
    • a notification presents the song and artist that is now playing if the app is minimized or the phone is asleep.
    • there is a option to turn notifications off as well.
    • re-designed Albums of the moment.
      now a palm list and I have increased performance by like 500% (i dont really know the increased performance but its way better)
      the album list is now cached after the initial toggle. to refresh the albums of the moment cache simply login again.

How-to back up your AmpachPre database:

1. Before deleting AmpachPre, plug in your phone to a pc usb port and hit "Usb Drive". Or you can use sftp/ssh what ever you please.
    2. Navigate to ".app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0"
    3. There should be a file in there named "00000000000000xx.db" where xx can be any two hexidecimal digits.
    4. Copy this file to a safe place say your Desktop.
    5. Now you can eject/unmount your phone and delete AmpachPre by Orange+Tap.
    6. Reinstall Ampachpre and wait for the account screen to come up.
    7. Put your phone back into usb mode and navigate to ".app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0" again.
    8. Note the name of the new "00000000000000xx.db" file in that directory, xx should be increased by 1.
    9. Rename the file on your desktop to that of the new file then copy the old one into ".app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.net.nucleardecay.ampachpre_0"
    over writing the new smaller file.
    10. restart AmpachPre and your data base should be there.

Note: for this install I moved the account system to the database so from now on this procedure will keep all accounts. This time only you will
    need to enter your account info again.
    Last edited by fain; 12/16/2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Looks great so far, except every time I gesture back out of a song AmpachPre freezes. Not sure why, it happens on downloads and streams. I updated the app from PreWare first instead of deleting/installing fresh. I tried deleting and reinstalling and its still happening. I'll try to see if I can get it to work.

edit: It is also freezing a lot of the time when I search for albums
    Last edited by timbtimb; 12/17/2009 at 01:30 AM.
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Looks great so far, except every time I gesture back out of a song AmpachPre freezes. Not sure why, it happens on downloads and streams. I updated the app from PreWare first instead of deleting/installing fresh. I tried deleting and reinstalling and its still happening. I'll try to see if I can get it to work.

edit: It is also freezing a lot of the time when I search for albums
    Hmm, whats your account info/settings look like? Maybe you could pm me a guest account to see if I can reproduce the problem. Is the audio playing when it freezes?