Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    for some reason it works now, but i didnt re-added the account, just started the application again after doin some other stuff and suddenly it succeded connecting

That's right, that's what I did. I didn't delete the account but I did think about doing it in case I had some typo in the URL that I wasn't seeing.
  2.    #442  
    • caching now works on random
    • added a try again on login timeout dialog.
    • increased the login timeout to 20 secs
    • added a try again on media error abort dialog.
    • fixed random play repeating the same song.
    • changed the way playmode is set in the underlying system.
    • added text for what pre-cache is doing.
    • There are now two ways to add to your custom playlist.
      1. by swiping the album/artist or song off the screen. (except on downloads)
      2. by using the icon to the right of the title.
    • added a spinner after adding a album or artist to the custom playlist for ajax status.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    • caching now works on random
    • added a try again on login timeout dialog.
    • increased the login timeout to 20 secs
    • added a try again on media error abort dialog.
    • fixed random play repeating the same song.
    • changed the way playmode is set in the underlying system.
    • added text for what pre-cache is doing.
    • There are now two ways to add to your custom playlist.
      1. by swiping the album/artist or song off the screen. (except on downloads)
      2. by using the icon to the right of the title.
    • added a spinner after adding a album or artist to the custom playlist for ajax status.
    Yay! I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So far so good. Random tracks work, caching works, and I love the status about what caching is doing since it gives me what the next track will be.
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    So far so good. Random tracks work, caching works, and I love the status about what caching is doing since it gives me what the next track will be.
    ya thanks, I thought that might prove somewhat usfull. There's a few things I might tweak with that still. If you skip a song you probably will get a new track because it picks another random number. Also it won't tell you if a downloaded song is next as is doesn't need caching. I'll make it a upcoming track status for downloads.

I think the audio player seems a little more stable than it was in 1.7.7 too.
    Last edited by fain; 11/19/2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    ya thanks, I thought that might prove somewhat usfull. There's a few things I might tweak with that still. If you skip a song you probably will get a new track because it picks another random number. Also it won't tell you if a downloaded song is next as is doesn't need caching. I'll make it a upcoming track status for downloads.
    I was going to ask if it takes a downloaded track off the internal storage instead of streaming it.
  7.    #447  
    I was going to ask if it takes a downloaded track off the internal storage instead of streaming it.
    ya it plays it directly from full path. only downside to this for me is ampachpre doesn't scrobble downloaded tracks.

I might delve into the last.fm api when I have more time someday. I'd also like to "love" tracks from ampachpre.
    Kinda off topic, but my 192.168.1.x number for my pc changes every once in a while. Which screws up my port forwarding on my router and I can't connect to ampache until i change the router settings. Is there a way around this?
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Kinda off topic, but my 192.168.1.x number for my pc changes every once in a while. Which screws up my port forwarding on my router and I can't connect to ampache until i change the router settings. Is there a way around this?
    ya just set it on your pc in network preferences>properties>tcp/ip or something alog that line.
    I am not that technical but i've managed to complete the set up and can navigate around a bit, but I am unable to log into the server with my Pre. I'd like to rule out the URL as i'm sure it's not correct. Can someone direct me on how to find it?

Thanks
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by roodhawg View Post
    I am not that technical but i've managed to complete the set up and can navigate around a bit, but I am unable to log into the server with my Pre. I'd like to rule out the URL as i'm sure it's not correct. Can someone direct me on how to find it?

Thanks
    your url is going to be your ip. If your on an internal network its the one assigned by your router to the lan. Should be in network settings on the pc with ampache installed. If external you need your internet ip. You can get this by going here. http://www.whatismyip.com/
  12.    #452  

I think the audio player seems a little more stable than it was in 1.7.7 too.
    Haha, I was playing around with the "random play" code and I noticed I already set it to skip to the next song if it is fully cached. I don't remember doing that.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Haha, I was playing around with the "random play" code and I noticed I already set it to skip to the next song if it is fully cached. I don't remember doing that.
    I seem to have stumbled across an interesting problem with random playback. If I manually skip the first track, it drops it from the cache, but then starts caching and playing the same track again. This only seems to happen on the first track, tracks after that behave as expected.
  14.    #454  
    I seem to have stumbled across an interesting problem with random playback. If I manually skip the first track, it drops it from the cache, but then starts caching and playing the same track again. This only seems to happen on the first track, tracks after that behave as expected.
    I have been using random play alot since I got caching working in it. I am working on the random code for the next release. My main concern was it repeating tracks and not playing some in the playlist. I have that fixed now. My next feat is to rewrite the skip track function as it is a mess.
  15.    #455  
    • Added search buttons to the url download scene.
      now you can search beemp3 for artist, album or song directly from AmpachPre
      after you enter the album and artist search google images for a album art image.
    • A lot of work went into random play. The over all random play experience should be better now.
    • Random play should not repeat any songs now.
    • Added skip ahead 10 secs and skip back 10 sec commands
    • Moved the commands on now playing screen
    • Added next track status.
    • Play mode is now selected via a pop up menu. I hated cycling through play modes
    • Tap the artist name in now playing scene to search wikipedia for artist info.
    • pre-caching will now cache multiple tracks ahead if the next song is less than 1.2Mb
    • fixed various bugs here and there as always.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So far working good.

In the absence of being able to save a (non-downloaded) playlist, what about server-side playlist support?
  17.    #457  
    So far working good.

In the absence of being able to save a (non-downloaded) playlist, what about server-side playlist support?
    What i have been doing to save a play list is download it. I haven't made a play list serverside so I don't know much about that. besides I would rather be able to save a play list in AmpachPre. I think it can be done I just need to work on my string phu
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't followed your app for a while.

Are there any plans to allow any customization to the background color?

The app is very feature rich, but for the life of me I can't stand the black text on that background. Not trying to ding you at all, just personal preference.

A nice black background with white text would be awesome
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't followed your app for a while.

Are there any plans to allow any customization to the background color?

The app is very feature rich, but for the life of me I can't stand the black text on that background. Not trying to ding you at all, just personal preference.

A nice black background with white text would be awesome
    Ya the theme has been getting on my nerves lately. Being a noob to web development and javascript, I decided to concentrate more on the functional features of the audio rather than the cosmetics(CSS). White on black sounds good. I'll see if I cant get it more customizable when I get the chance.
    The updates look great

When downloading songs I noticed a couple things. The phone sleeps if I'm not using it, which stops the downloads (maybe just in wifi?). Is there anyway you can keep it from going to sleep mode? I downloaded NoDoze for now and that seems to work fine. Also, if you download part of a download list then try resuming it later it redownloads everything on the list.