Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    I'm having trouble on Step 2 of config - Creating the Ampache.cfg.php file. I've got the "OK for "amp...exists" but the following has an error. Any idea how I might remedy this?

Ampache.cfg.php Configured? [ ERROR ]

Also getting the following error: "Generate Config File Error: Unable to make Database Connection."
    Make sure you have the username and password correct for mysql. Also make sure mysql is running.

Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    I'm getting two errors when I use AmpachPre:

1) when I start a stream I get a "Headphone error" and then immediately a "Bluetooth error". don't know what they mean as they don't affect anything

2) no matter what I put in the download directory in the account preferences (even leaving it blank for the default) downloading doesn't work. when a song's stream has finished downloading and the next song is about the get cached I get a "download error - is you USB full?"

anyone get this? I'm on a UK GSM pre on 1.1.3 btw
    I bet this has to do with the api differences between 1.1.3 and 1.2.1. The headset, bluetooth and download manager api was opened up in 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I bet this has to do with the api differences between 1.1.3 and 1.2.1. The headset, bluetooth and download manager api was opened up in 1.2
    Thanks, guess I'll have to wait until "parity"
  3.    #423  
    1.7.7 Thursday, November 05 2009
    • Added a toggle switch for "Cache Next Song" in the account settings.
      by default "Cache Next Song" is on. If you want it turned off, and you already made the account prior to the update
      you will need to visit the account settings turn "Cache Next Song" ON and back OFF, then save.
    • changed the style on bookmarks list and account info list.
    • fixed a bug the stopped playlist progressing to the next song when download was canceled.
    • fixed a bug that displayed the total playlist time incorrectly.
    • Removed the bluetooth and headset error dialogs.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Issue in the 1.7.x series (currently on 1.7.7). When streaming or playing downloaded music, if I select shuffle it has the expected behaviour if I manually skip songs, but during normal playback it simply repeats the current track. As far as I know this has always been present in the 1.7.x series (but worked in previous versions).
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Issue in the 1.7.x series (currently on 1.7.7). When streaming or playing downloaded music, if I select shuffle it has the expected behaviour if I manually skip songs, but during normal playback it simply repeats the current track. As far as I know this has always been present in the 1.7.x series (but worked in previous versions).
    Thanks man, I don't use random play and this just slipped passed me. I think I know what it is. I fix it for the next release. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Thanks man, I don't use random play and this just slipped passed me. I think I know what it is. I fix it for the next release. Thanks again.
    Thanks!

On another note, is next song caching supposed to work in shuffle/random mode? I tried turning it on but it gave a failure message. If the randomizer doesn't pick the next track until changing to it, then how about the ability to shuffle tracks when adding them to the playlist (ampache mobile does something similar to this in the current release, if I understand it right). Then it seems you could cache a randomized playlist, since the tracks were added in a random fashion.
  7.    #427  
    Thanks!

On another note, is next song caching supposed to work in shuffle/random mode? I tried turning it on but it gave a failure message. If the randomizer doesn't pick the next track until changing to it, then how about the ability to shuffle tracks when adding them to the playlist (ampache mobile does something similar to this in the current release, if I understand it right). Then it seems you could cache a randomized playlist, since the tracks were added in a random fashion.
    After you posted about the random play bug I went brainstorming on cacheing the next random song. I think i have got a way without having to change allot of code.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    After you posted about the random play bug I went brainstorming on cacheing the next random song. I think i have got a way without having to change allot of code.
    Cool, can't wait to try it out!
  9.    #429  
    Thanks!

I was just thinking, it gave you a error? Do you remember what it said? Its supposed to just skip the whole download process if in random mode currently. I'm testing a new random mode now and so far caching a random song is working good.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I was just thinking, it gave you a error? Do you remember what it said? Its supposed to just skip the whole download process if in random mode currently. I'm testing a new random mode now and so far caching a random song is working good.
    No, I don't remember the error. Maybe the fact that it was trying was related to the bug where it kept repeating the same track.
  11.    #431  
    No, I don't remember the error. Maybe the fact that it was trying was related to the bug where it kept repeating the same track.
    hmm ya I dunno. I checked out random play on the way home from school last night. I seen the repeat bug but didn't get a error message.
    does the pre cache work on standard play for you?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    hmm ya I dunno. I checked out random play on the way home from school last night. I seen the repeat bug but didn't get a error message.
    does the pre cache work on standard play for you?
    caching works when not shuffling. And now I can't recreate the caching error while shuffling. To make things weirder I have a new problem. At least while shuffling if I skip a couple of tracks playback will stop on an error indicating the user agent stopped streaming at the agent's request.
  13.    #433  
    caching works when not shuffling. And now I can't recreate the caching error while shuffling. To make things weirder I have a new problem. At least while shuffling if I skip a couple of tracks playback will stop on an error indicating the user agent stopped streaming at the agent's request.
    ya that was probably the same error as before. I get this error from time to time. Its been there for awhile. I can't figure out what's causeing it. It plays fine most of the time every once in awhile I get the abort error.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Any chance of an update before Thanksgiving?
  15.    #435  
    Any chance of an update before Thanksgiving?
    ya I changed how the playlists change tracks and I just wanted to make sure all the modes play through ok. They seem to be working as planned. I have a few things to tweak and I'll release it this week probably. Maybe tonight if I get the time.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    ya I changed how the playlists change tracks and I just wanted to make sure all the modes play through ok. They seem to be working as planned. I have a few things to tweak and I'll release it this week probably. Maybe tonight if I get the time.
    Great!

I am extremely close to replacing my MP3 player entirely except as a backup device and I look forward to seeing how the new AmpachPre handles the long drive over the holidays (streaming when I can or using a downloaded playlist when I can't).
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by awilaman View Post
    I am able to connect to my Ampache from Ampache Mobile but not from AmpachPre. What settings are needed to get past the login timed out error. I have followed the instructions. At some time in the past, I had been able to use AmpachPre successfuly.
    sorry I totally missed this post. Basically all you need is
    domain.com/pathtoampache
    are you using ssl or anything else special?
    Quote Originally Posted by awilaman View Post
    I am able to connect to my Ampache from Ampache Mobile but not from AmpachPre. What settings are needed to get past the login timed out error. I have followed the instructions. At some time in the past, I had been able to use AmpachPre successfuly.
    got the same error
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    got the same error
    I had to Dr. my phone a couple of days ago, and while trying to add my account to AmpachPre on the new install I got that message. As I recall, I deleted the account and re-added it and it works now.
    for some reason it works now, but i didnt re-added the account, just started the application again after doin some other stuff and suddenly it succeded connecting