Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 1046
  1. #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    does ampachpre work with https?

    I'm running ampache on https://url:8004/ as a virtual domain, but i can't seem to connect. I'm streaming on 8003, but i can't even get in to get that far. What am I doing wrong?

    I can get in with Ampache Mobile, but it runs out of memory before doing anything useful, so I'd like to get Ampachpre working.. halp!

    -m
    Could you elaborate on "it runs out of memory before doing anything useful"? What are you doing when this happens? I hate buggy software lets fix it.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  2. #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    I don't think you are gonna stream with SSL anytime soon. You can do all the navigation you want (ex. pulling down song titles) but when it comes to actually playing the music SSL is still a no go. In fact ampache actually defaults to sending a non https link to the streaming audio file for just this reason.

    Here is a thread of my attempts at this:
    [url= 9 - ampache-mobile - Feature: Support talking to Ampache over SSL - Project Hosting on Google Code[/url]

    Did you get it to work with a personally signed key? Or is it a CA signed key?
    actually I fully expect not to stream over ssl, and have a separate port just for streaming. I've gotten it to work sort of, with "web streaming" checked. But i'd rather justt select all songs, hit random and go. (which I can't seem to do from ampachpre or ampache mobile) but that's neither here nor there. I'll try and get further tonite now that i'm off work
  3. #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Could you elaborate on "it runs out of memory before doing anything useful"? What are you doing when this happens? I hate buggy software lets fix it.
    I don't think i'm doing anything elaborate. I set up my account and url ([url] and account info, whatnot. The LunaSysMgr process begins to swell (as observed in top, from USB connected novaterm), phone starts slowing, and eventually I get OOM messages, even after I manage to close ampache mobile. It takes killing LunaSysMgr (and having it respawn) or rebooting to recover.

    i've tried not loading album covers and lowered the little slider to 79 (odd?).. That's what I know. Hope it helps. I'll try the redirect trick that workedish with ampachpre

    cheers,
    -m
  4. #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    But i'd rather justt select all songs, hit random and go. (which I can't seem to do from ampachpre or ampache mobile) but that's neither here nor there. I'll try and get further tonite now that i'm off work
    Ampache Mobile (and i think AmpachPre) use the model that they pull down a list of songs and pass that list to a player. As of today pulling down all of a large collection of songs is not possible with WebOS, XML requests that result in more than about 1MB (my collection ~13K songs results in over 2MB of text as a reference point) of text cause the XML DOM to to crash ... my solution to this has been to have Ampache Mobile grab smaller chunks of data at a time. That said....

    In order to have a "shuffle all" one of us would need to re-architect how our player works and have it grab one random song at a time on demand as the player needs it. Thing is, this is slower and less efficient for playing albums or other "smaller" playlists. So its a hard sell. I think most ppl drill down a bit before shuffling all.
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/20/2009 at 09:40 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  5. #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    I don't think i'm doing anything elaborate. I set up my account and url ([url]http://forums.precentral.net/ and account info, whatnot. The LunaSysMgr process begins to swell (as observed in top, from USB connected novaterm), phone starts slowing, and eventually I get OOM messages, even after I manage to close ampache mobile. It takes killing LunaSysMgr (and having it respawn) or rebooting to recover.

    i've tried not loading album covers and lowered the little slider to 79 (odd?).. That's what I know. Hope it helps. I'll try the redirect trick that workedish with ampachpre

    cheers,
    -m
    Are you attempting any navigation at all... or is it crashing while launching?
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    well, it sorta works.. i can get my list of songs et al, but when i got to play one, an error of some description occured while decoding the media resource, after the resource was established to be usable..

    I'm looking at tshark (and tcpdump) and it looks like it's connecting (properly?) on 8003, as expected.. but It's not doing much more than that:

    the connect looks like:
    TCP 44484 > 8003 [SYN] Seq=0 Win=5760 Len=0 MSS=1440 TSV=424625 TSER=0 WS=4
    but then an immediate disconnect:
    TCP 8003 > 44484 [RST, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=0 Len=0

    it's not still trying to do it over https at that point is it? i can't find a useful log, and I (understandibly) don't have a redirect for 8003.

    I'm also pretty open to that this problem is somehow my fault, and i haven't sussed it yet, but i figured I'd share, since i have to sneak in (with the redirect) anyway.

    Thanks,
    -m
    ha, i just read this post a little more carefully (was at work earlier). Ya it shouldn't be attempting ssl at the point of streaming. Do you have non standard http port set in ampaches settings?

    I got https on port 443 working tonight self signed But because everyones going to have to re-create their accounts anyways, I am thinking about going ahead and redoing the account system to allow as many of accounts you want.

    if you want to try it out ill send ya a copy.
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    ha, i just read this post a little more carefully (was at work earlier). Ya it shouldn't be attempting ssl at the point of streaming. Do you have non standard http port set in ampaches settings?

    I got https on port 443 working tonight self signed But because everyones going to have to re-create their accounts anyways, I am thinking about going ahead and redoing the account system to allow as many of accounts you want.

    if you want to try it out ill send ya a copy.
    I was just thinking, if your using a non standard port for encryption. Do you need https:// to transmit encrypted? I have never tried ssl on a nonstandard port. If that's the case all you should need is the non standard http port set in ampache. So it knows what port to stream over.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Ampache Mobile (and i think AmpachPre) use the model that they pull down a list of songs and pass that list to a player. As of today pulling down all of a large collection of songs is not possible with WebOS, XML requests that result in more than about 1MB (my collection ~13K songs results in over 2MB of text as a reference point) of text cause the XML DOM to to crash ... my solution to this has been to have Ampache Mobile grab smaller chunks of data at a time. That said....

    In order to have a "shuffle all" one of us would need to re-architect how our player works and have it grab one random song at a time on demand as the player needs it. Thing is, this is slower and less efficient for playing albums or other "smaller" playlists. So its a hard sell. I think most ppl drill down a bit before shuffling all.
    Well, i'm a huge fan of DJ Random. I use (weighted) random for my whole collection usually, be it ampache, amarok, or Music Player(remix). Usually, regardless of genre too.. I don't have many "full albums", tho tons of artists.. It's just how I roll.

    Which brings me to another point.. I'm currently only running (testing?) ampache with a whopping 12 (twelve) songs inside. So I'm pretty sure scope isn't my problem..

    datapoints datapoints. =)
    -m
  9. #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Are you attempting any navigation at all... or is it crashing while launching?
    No. Since i've discovered the behavior, (and the fact that restarting Luna is the fix) I've only run JUST ampache mobile.

    it logs in..

    it connects, enumerates my artists/albums/playlists (of which i have none), genre..

    but looking in top,
    1225 root 19 -1 332m 149m 16m S 65.8 62.4 25:56.87 LunaSysMgr

    and load goes up to ~2-5, depending on how long i leave it running.
    load average: 5.41, 2.12, 1.32

    and all i've done is load it and log in.

    hmm. also, i've switched from https://url:8004/ to just http://url/ (which redirects to the former url) and behavior is identical.

    datapoints, datapoints..
    -m
    Last edited by victort; 10/21/2009 at 11:49 AM.
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    ha, i just read this post a little more carefully (was at work earlier). Ya it shouldn't be attempting ssl at the point of streaming. Do you have non standard http port set in ampaches settings?

    I got https on port 443 working tonight self signed But because everyones going to have to re-create their accounts anyways, I am thinking about going ahead and redoing the account system to allow as many of accounts you want.

    if you want to try it out ill send ya a copy.
    Yah, SSL doesn't care what port it runs on. Like all ports, port 443 is a convention, not a set-in-stone requirement (apps are free to incorrectly assume anything tho).

    I got ampachpre working without "web streaming", i just had to wait long enough for it to cache the track. (which is weird, i don't know why it's not downsampling), it's streaming on 8003 (regular HTTP) as instructed, so that part works (though it did take a "fake" virtual domain to get it exposed, that's how i did it back in the day, too.)

    Another thing, which I suspect is my setup, is there's a very long wait between tracks as it queues up the next song (doesn't do it in background?) so after it plays a song, i'm waiting a bit before the next song plays. probably related to my not-downsampling problem. more pokery required on my end. ^_^..

    (sorry for being a chatty threader folks)
    -m
  11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    Yah, SSL doesn't care what port it runs on. Like all ports, port 443 is a convention, not a set-in-stone requirement (apps are free to incorrectly assume anything tho).

    I got ampachpre working without "web streaming", i just had to wait long enough for it to cache the track. (which is weird, i don't know why it's not downsampling), it's streaming on 8003 (regular HTTP) as instructed, so that part works (though it did take a "fake" virtual domain to get it exposed, that's how i did it back in the day, too.)

    Another thing, which I suspect is my setup, is there's a very long wait between tracks as it queues up the next song (doesn't do it in background?) so after it plays a song, i'm waiting a bit before the next song plays. probably related to my not-downsampling problem. more pokery required on my end. ^_^..

    (sorry for being a chatty threader folks)
    -m
    ya it should start loading the next song when the first song gets fully loaded. When the first song is loaded the progress bar will reset to 0 and you'll see the next song loading. If it doesn't get done loading by the time the first song ends it will cancel the download and start buffering the next song. Just a workaround I implemented till I can figure out true pre buffering. For the most part my songs fully prebuffer in about a min. More than enough time for a full song.
    I transcode to 128kbps though.

    do you or anybody else use web streamer much? I replaced it with https but if you use it I'll put it back in. Only reason I put it in there was because somepeople had the download patch so the can download their mptz but since I added a download manager that's not needed any more. Also the web streamer has a slider which is giving me problems.
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    No. Since i've discovered the behavior, (and the fact that restarting Luna is the fix) I've only run JUST ampache mobile.

    it logs in..

    it connects, enumerates my artists/albums/playlists (of which i have none), genre..

    but looking in top,
    1225 root 19 -1 332m 149m 16m S 65.8 62.4 25:56.87 LunaSysMgr

    and load goes up to ~2-5, depending on how long i leave it running.
    load average: 5.41, 2.12, 1.32

    and all i've done is load it and log in.

    hmm. also, i've switched from https://url:8004/ to just http://url/ (which redirects to the former url) and behavior is identical.

    datapoints, datapoints..
    -m
    moving discussion to ampache mobile tread... no need to pollute this one.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  13. Vez
    Vez is offline
    Vez's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    #413  
    I have it working now, but I cant add a catalog.

    I am running windows with IIS. The document root is d:\web
    The ampache document d:\web\ampache

    I am able to access it from my pre and my computer. The only problem is I cant get a catalog.

    My problem is at the path level. It looks like this software is built for Linux and it wants a path like /mountX/foldX.

    How I can I add my mp3 folder to the ampache catalog ?
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    I have it working now, but I cant add a catalog.

    I am running windows with IIS. The document root is d:\web
    The ampache document d:\web\ampache

    I am able to access it from my pre and my computer. The only problem is I cant get a catalog.

    My problem is at the path level. It looks like this software is built for Linux and it wants a path like /mountX/foldX.

    How I can I add my mp3 folder to the ampache catalog ?
    It shouldn't matter. Have you tried putting a full windows path there? It has been a while since I done this on windows but I believe I just put the C:\pathto\mp3z
  15. Vez
    Vez is offline
    Vez's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    #415  
    yes that's why I'm asking for help
  16. Vez
    Vez is offline
    Vez's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    #416  
    hold on I found why.

    The path I was giving was : D:\mp3

    In that folder, I just have all my other folders (albums) that contains mp3s, no mp3 file. My mp3 files are in subdirecotry.
    I give the full path the *.mp3 it works...


    Thats bad.. that means I will have to create a catalog for each ablum ??

    I dont want to copy all my mp3 to the same folder. I like when its sorted
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    hold on I found why.

    The path I was giving was : D:\mp3

    In that folder, I just have all my other folders (albums) that contains mp3s, no mp3 file. My mp3 files are in subdirecotry.
    I give the full path the *.mp3 it works...


    Thats bad.. that means I will have to create a catalog for each ablum ??

    I dont want to copy all my mp3 to the same folder. I like when its sorted
    you shouldn't... ampache should read folders recursively. Make sure the permissions are set to read for "others" on all mp3 folders
  18.    #418  
    1.7.6
    • Added bookmarks, now you can book mark a album or a artist. Songs are on the agenda.
    • Changed the login algorithm to use palms api in stead of javascripts date method, no user visible changes but much cleaner now.
    • added ssl support (https://)
    • removed webStreamer option. No real use for it since you can download songs now.
    • enter now submits a search. text property change will not any more.
    • A complete overhaul of the account system. It now allows as many accounts as you need.
    • The account at the top of the list is the default. just drag another account to the top to make it the default
    • swipe to delete accounts. Tap the icon to edit that account.
      IMPORTANT!!! delete all your old ampachpre accounts before upgrading to 1.7.6. or they will be left in your memory.
      If you delete ampachpre you will lose the database that holds your downloaded music playlist.
      the mp3z will still be on your phone but just not available with in ampachpre.
    • Downloaded songs can now be added to custom playlist.
    • You can now edit a downloaded songs info.
  19. #419  
    I'm having trouble on Step 2 of config - Creating the Ampache.cfg.php file. I've got the "OK for "amp...exists" but the following has an error. Any idea how I might remedy this?

    Ampache.cfg.php Configured? [ ERROR ]

    Also getting the following error: "Generate Config File Error: Unable to make Database Connection."
    Last edited by AmericanTemplar; 11/01/2009 at 08:36 PM.
  20. #420  
    I'm getting two errors when I use AmpachPre:

    1) when I start a stream I get a "Headphone error" and then immediately a "Bluetooth error". don't know what they mean as they don't affect anything

    2) no matter what I put in the download directory in the account preferences (even leaving it blank for the default) downloading doesn't work. when a song's stream has finished downloading and the next song is about the get cached I get a "download error - is you USB full?"

    anyone get this? I'm on a UK GSM pre on 1.1.3 btw

Posting Permissions