Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Yes. the server is set to All. I followed the guide and I believe everything is all set correctly with the server...

So I'm in the Palm App ampachepre

I type in a random account name... I set mine as "MUSIC"

for the url address I typed xx.xxx.x.xx/pathtoampache

and then I enter my username and password and it just sits there and spins and loads....

So I dunno what's up with this thing... Could it be the firewall?
    I'm using an apple Airport extreme wireless modem.
    just to be sure, your not typing pathtoampache like that are you? Not sure about the modem. Have you tried the pres web browser while on evdo?
    I don't think the usename/password is case sensitive. If you can enable the logs of ampache I would do that and see what happens while trying to log in.
    I got Ampache Pre to work and it does that job like you would not believe. Just one question: while working on the Ampache, I could not save playlist. Does anyone have a fix for this, went to the website and got no where (even in the chat). I have yet to try from the Pre, so not sure. I see the capability, but haven't been successful as of yet. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    "I enter my username and password and it just sits there and spins and loads...."

I get the same thing, I've used the app before and also have Ampache Mobile running right now. So I know my server is configured correctly and my url / login info is correct.

No error messages, nothing. Just sits there.
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    I got Ampache Pre to work and it does that job like you would not believe. Just one question: while working on the Ampache, I could not save playlist. Does anyone have a fix for this, went to the website and got no where (even in the chat). I have yet to try from the Pre, so not sure. I see the capability, but haven't been successful as of yet. Any suggestions?
    Are you talking about the playlists on ampache or ampachpre?

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    "I enter my username and password and it just sits there and spins and loads...."

I get the same thing, I've used the app before and also have Ampache Mobile running right now. So I know my server is configured correctly and my url / login info is correct.

The url you enter in to ampachpre is different from ampache mobile. I should have a update out tonight that adds a little error reporting at login. I have not put any error reporting there yet. As well as with a bug fix or two.
  5.    #385  
    • Added some login error reporting
    • made the stream scene progress bar show buffering of current song and pre buffering of next song.
    • fixed a bug that caused the now playing playlist to exceed the actual playlist length.
    • changed the position of the duration and current time in the stream scene.
    • when listening to downloads, the stream scene will not try to buffer the next song.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post

ok, it looks as tho there's another problem here. Have you tried 1.7.1? Do you get any error besides 'login timed out'? Is there any chance you could check ampaches logs to see what's goin on here? I can hit my server and my friends server just fine as can others their own. But a few cannot.
    Alright this is just silly... I found the error, Fain. My ampache is installed on my website at lordrhythm.com/ampache. Apparently all your prog wanted of me was to put :80 after the hostname. I'm no expert, but aren't ALL websites port 80? Why am I being made to add this?

Ranting aside, I'm testing out your prog now. And I have bluetooth stereo headphones. I noticed it seems you've no feedback yet on that, so I'll letcha know how it goes.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRhythm View Post
    Alright this is just silly... I found the error, Fain. My ampache is installed on my website at lordrhythm.com/ampache. Apparently all your prog wanted of me was to put :80 after the hostname. I'm no expert, but aren't ALL websites port 80? Why am I being made to add this?

Ranting aside, I'm testing out your prog now. And I have bluetooth stereo headphones. I noticed it seems you've no feedback yet on that, so I'll letcha know how it goes.
    ya that is weird because the http:// without a specified port means port 80. (the http:// is there, its just built into the app.) either way I'm glad you got it working.

any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
    does ampachpre work with https?

I'm running ampache on https://url:8004/ as a virtual domain, but i can't seem to connect. I'm streaming on 8003, but i can't even get in to get that far. What am I doing wrong?

I can get in with Ampache Mobile, but it runs out of memory before doing anything useful, so I'd like to get Ampachpre working.. halp!

-m
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    just to be sure, your not typing pathtoampache like that are you? Not sure about the modem. Have you tried the pres web browser while on evdo?
    I don't think the usename/password is case sensitive. If you can enable the logs of ampache I would do that and see what happens while trying to log in.
    I was typing pathtoampache like that, yes.

I think I am getting mixed up with the URL.. What exactly are we supposed to type in for the URL?
    actually I got it to work with my https setup.. but it's following my apache's rewrite rule to get there.. (i.e. http://ampache.url/ redirects to https://ampache.url:8004/) but without that rewrite rule, i'm not sure how i'd get it to work.

-m
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    does ampachpre work with https?

I'm running ampache on [url]http://m.forums.precentral.net/ as a virtual domain, but i can't seem to connect. I'm streaming on 8003, but i can't even get in to get that far. What am I doing wrong?

I can get in with Ampache Mobile, but it runs out of memory before doing anything useful, so I'd like to get Ampachpre working.. halp!

-m
    I have not gotten around to setting ssl up on my server again since I re installed. So I'm not really sure. Can you connect without ssl?
    Gah, darnit.
    Ok, the REAL problem was my API/RPC rule. I had it set for my admin account on there, the only account, to be able to stream. Just as a last resort "why the heck not, I've tried everything else" deal, I changed it to All users last night. Then having forgot I did that, I read some more on this thread this morning, decided to try putting in the silly :80, got logged in, and assumed that was my problem. :P
    I just now remembered, so I took off the :80 and it still logs in for me. Just to make double sure, I changed the rule back to only my user account instead of All, and AmpachPre won't get in, gives the Login Timed Out error.
    It doesn't make sense (to me) that I would have to apply the rule to All to be able to get in using your program. If I apply it to the account that I'm trying to log in under, I should be able to get in. What's the deal there?

Bluetooth stereo headphone functions work nicely; pause/play, skip forward, skip backward (or skip to beginning of song, depending on current location in song) tested in all play types (norm, repeat, repeat all, shuffle), no probs. Also pauses/resumes play nicely when a call is made/recieved, though I think that's more a WebOS thing than an app thing.
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    I was typing pathtoampache like that, yes.

I think I am getting mixed up with the URL.. What exactly are we supposed to type in for the URL?
    the pathtoampache is the folder ampache resides in on the server.
  15.    #395  
    actually I got it to work with my https setup.. but it's following my apache's rewrite rule to get there.. (i.e. [url] redirects to [url] but without that rewrite rule, i'm not sure how i'd get it to work.

-m
    sweet I never did get rewrite to work correctly. So ssl works that's good news. I will add a option in the account prefs as soon as I get the chance.
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRhythm View Post
    Gah, darnit.
    Ok, the REAL problem was my API/RPC rule. I had it set for my admin account on there, the only account, to be able to stream. Just as a last resort "why the heck not, I've tried everything else" deal, I changed it to All users last night. Then having forgot I did that, I read some more on this thread this morning, decided to try putting in the silly :80, got logged in, and assumed that was my problem. :P
    I just now remembered, so I took off the :80 and it still logs in for me. Just to make double sure, I changed the rule back to only my user account instead of All, and AmpachPre won't get in, gives the Login Timed Out error.
    It doesn't make sense (to me) that I would have to apply the rule to All to be able to get in using your program. If I apply it to the account that I'm trying to log in under, I should be able to get in. What's the deal there?

Bluetooth stereo headphone functions work nicely; pause/play, skip forward, skip backward (or skip to beginning of song, depending on current location in song) tested in all play types (norm, repeat, repeat all, shuffle), no probs. Also pauses/resumes play nicely when a call is made/recieved, though I think that's more a WebOS thing than an app thing.
    the all users think in the acl rule is a bug in ampache I believe. I've tried this as well. The only way I could get it to log in was setting it to all.

awesome on the bluetooth. Did you test stop? I can't remember how I coded that but I remember I wasn't sure about it.

I have had some problems with the call resume on hang up. It works most of the time but sometimes it messes up. I'm still looking into that. Also the timer doubles in speed when it resumes but I clear it with the interface update. That baffles me still.

thanks again
    sweet I never did get rewrite to work correctly. So ssl works that's good news. I will add a option in the account prefs as soon as I get the chance.
    well, it sorta works.. i can get my list of songs et al, but when i got to play one, an error of some description occured while decoding the media resource, after the resource was established to be usable..

I'm looking at tshark (and tcpdump) and it looks like it's connecting (properly?) on 8003, as expected.. but It's not doing much more than that:

the connect looks like:
    TCP 44484 > 8003 [SYN] Seq=0 Win=5760 Len=0 MSS=1440 TSV=424625 TSER=0 WS=4
    but then an immediate disconnect:
    TCP 8003 > 44484 [RST, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=0 Len=0

it's not still trying to do it over https at that point is it? i can't find a useful log, and I (understandibly) don't have a redirect for 8003.

I'm also pretty open to that this problem is somehow my fault, and i haven't sussed it yet, but i figured I'd share, since i have to sneak in (with the redirect) anyway.

Thanks,
    -m
    Last edited by victort; 10/20/2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: readability.
  18.    #398  
    well, it sorta works.. i can get my list of songs et al, but when i got to play one, an error of some description occured while decoding the media resource, after the resource was established to be usable..

I'm looking at tshark (and tcpdump) and it looks like it's connecting (properly?) on 8003, as expected.. but It's not doing much more than that:

the connect looks like:
    TCP 44484 > 8003 [SYN] Seq=0 Win=5760 Len=0 MSS=1440 TSV=424625 TSER=0 WS=4
    but then an immediate disconnect:
    TCP 8003 > 44484 [RST, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=0 Len=0

it's not still trying to do it over https at that point is it? i can't find a useful log, and I (understandibly) don't have a redirect for 8003.

I'm also pretty open to that this problem is somehow my fault, and i haven't sussed it yet, but i figured I'd share, since i have to sneak in (with the redirect) anyway.

Thanks,
    -m
    I'm prettty sure I know the cause of this. Media will not stream over ssl. I will need to make two separate urls/ports in the app for streaming and for all other transactions. Might take a bit but I'm sure its possible. I will have to set up my server for ssl first.

school has to come first I'm afraid. It will be done though.
    I'm prettty sure I know the cause of this. Media will not stream over ssl. I will need to make two separate urls/ports in the app for streaming and for all other transactions. Might take a bit but I'm sure its possible. I will have to set up my server for ssl first.

school has to come first I'm afraid. It will be done though.
    no worries.. I'll see if i can find a way to hack around it.. I've had all this working before, but abandoned ampache when they took the upload feature out.. The prospect of having it on my phone in a native way though is too much to resist..

I'll post my results if i get it working.. Also, hit me offlist if you want help with your SSL setup, I'm no programmer, but i can sysadmin pretty good..

Looking forward to more awesome sauce.

Cheers,
    -m
    no worries.. I'll see if i can find a way to hack around it.. I've had all this working before, but abandoned ampache when they took the upload feature out.. The prospect of having it on my phone in a native way though is too much to resist..

I'll post my results if i get it working.. Also, hit me offlist if you want help with your SSL setup, I'm no programmer, but i can sysadmin pretty good..

Looking forward to more awesome sauce.

Cheers,
    -m
    I don't think you are gonna stream with SSL anytime soon. You can do all the navigation you want (ex. pulling down song titles) but when it comes to actually playing the music SSL is still a no go. In fact ampache actually defaults to sending a non https link to the streaming audio file for just this reason.

Here is a thread of my attempts at this:
    Issue 9 - ampache-mobile - Feature: Support talking to Ampache over SSL - Project Hosting on Google Code

Did you get it to work with a personally signed key? Or is it a CA signed key?
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 10/20/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.