webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > AmpachPre
AmpachPre

Old 08/23/2009, 01:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanguy View Post
okay, I have read the things to do to set it up, but its just not making any sence, so can someone help me. I have a Vista also, I know things are different for Vista's. This app looks cool so can plez someone give me a really easy step-by-step tutorial
Heres a youtube video on installing xampp on vista
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owVu-ZpLrZc
fain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 01:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiest View Post
Not to mention I said I was using it with Amarok.

Any thoughts? I have tried it with or without the protocol, over EVDO using hostname and WIFI with IP address, and as myself or as the admin user. Same behaviour.
the correct way is ip/pathtoampache no http://

Just to verify, you are running ampache version 3.5 or 3.5.1?
Old 08/23/2009, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fain View Post
the correct way is ip/pathtoampache no http://

Just to verify, you are running ampache version 3.5 or 3.5.1?
Sorry, custom-rolled ebuild of 3.5 on Gentoo. 3.5.x has not made it into portage yet. I can try to re-roll my ebuild for 3.5.1 if you think that may help.
angiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

this is a great idea, and the app looks really slick, but for most people(including myself), the directions are far too complex and scattered all over the place. If you could write a "for dummies" guide to setting it up, that would be greatly appreciated.
ltracte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 02:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hmm ok I am not sure what the gentoo does to ampache in the build process. I have used the src from ampache's website and just put the directory into apache's root. I'm sure this is not secure as the config file is exposed. I just have not taken the time to set it up.

Why does gentoo build ampache? I know ubuntu has a package to install the configuration into /etc and ampache is elsewhere not in apache's root. Don't remember where. But ampache is all scripted so there is no real reason to build it.
Old 08/23/2009, 03:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm ok I am not sure what the gentoo does to ampache in the build process. I have used the src from ampache's website and just put the directory into apache's root. I'm sure this is not secure as the config file is exposed. I just have not taken the time to set it up.

Why does gentoo build ampache? I know ubuntu has a package to install the configuration into /etc and ampache is elsewhere not in apache's root. Don't remember where. But ampache is all scripted so there is no real reason to build it.
It doesn't "build" anything per-se. It just automates putting everything into Gentoo's standard webserver layout. Ampache is working fine for Amarok or web browsers using either playlist or the flash player.
Old 08/23/2009, 03:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Hi fain, I have no experience at all with apache/ampache and all this stuff, but i am pretty good at following directions and think i have done everything instructed. I can log in from other computers and have stream access but unfortunately with the pre app i can't login, i just get a constant rotating loading symbol. any ideas? i am using ampache 3.5.1
Crazy Wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 03:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Wacko View Post
Hi fain, I have no experience at all with apache/ampache and all this stuff, but i am pretty good at following directions and think i have done everything instructed. I can log in from other computers and have stream access but unfortunately with the pre app i can't login, i just get a constant rotating loading symbol. any ideas? i am using ampache 3.5.1
Sounds like the same problem I am having.
Old 08/23/2009, 03:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

Same problem after 3.5.1 upgrade.
Old 08/23/2009, 03:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiest View Post
Same problem after 3.5.1 upgrade.
Something is weird because I can log into mine just fine. If the callback is a fail then you will get a error message. Does your log still say password mismatch after the upgrade angiest?
Old 08/23/2009, 04:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

I can't wait to set this up when I get home. I'll have so much more space for apps, i'll only put my absolute favorite songs on my pres HDD
mhunterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 04:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Something is weird because I can log into mine just fine. If the callback is a fail then you will get a error message. Does your log still say password mismatch after the upgrade angiest?
Same error. IIRC they changed the encryption algorithm in 3.5. Is it possible you have the old algorithm enabled? I never had 3.4 installed.
Old 08/23/2009, 04:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It is using sha256. I used the current api. I'm going to make a guest account on my server to see if you can log into it.
Old 08/23/2009, 05:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
this is a great idea, and the app looks really slick, but for most people(including myself), the directions are far too complex and scattered all over the place. If you could write a "for dummies" guide to setting it up, that would be greatly appreciated.
If I get time I'll try to step try step it but I think the ampache wiki does a pretty good job of it. Schools starting this week so I don't know how much time I'll get for anything.

Quote:
What exactly did you enter into the login server field? Have you set up a access list for rpc/api access? It also needs to be set for the user you plan on logging into from the pre.
Old 08/23/2009, 06:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

i installed this app it says enter domain, what domain do i enter my computers ip address i dont get it
levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 06:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

do i have to download some other stuff on my computer , in order for this app to work ?
levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 06:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitate View Post
do i have to download some other stuff on my computer , in order for this app to work ?
You first question: if you are going to access with in your internal network you need a ip. If over 3g you need either the ip of your external. (your wan ip of your router) or a domain name pointing to your pc. There are free services that do this such as dyndns. If you don't have a router yes the ip of your computer over 3g.

Second question: yes you need a web server and ampache installed on it.
Old 08/23/2009, 06:51 PM   #38 (permalink)

Ok I'm stuck... I got ampache running... I guess

where do I find. how do I figre out...

"domain.com/pathtoampache" from the pre ?
chrisgloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 06:59 PM   #39 (permalink)

Can't log in either help!
gabe2gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 07:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgloor View Post
Ok I'm stuck... I got ampache running... I guess

where do I find. how do I figre out...

"domain.com/pathtoampache" from the pre ?
the quickest way to find out if your web server is running type
http://localhost/
In your internet browser.
Next make sure ampache folder you extracted is in the root of ampache. if you installed xampp it is probably in program files\xampp\htdocs\
In the browser type
Http://localhost/foldername

From the pre you need the address ok the pc the webserver is installed
Say on an internal network it might be depending on your network configuration.
Http://192.168.1.2/ampache folder.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0