Apache::ASP ACTIVATED
    HTTPS (SSL) ACTIVATED
    Common Gateway Interface (CGI) DEACTIVATED
    Server Side Includes (SSI) ACTIVATED
    IPv4 ACTIVATED
    IPv6 DEACTIVATED
    SMTP Service DEACTIVATED
    FTP Service DEACTIVATED

I feel like I am so close, but cannot figure out what is wrong. on the pre set up page for ampache, for server url, I put down [url] external ip/ampache-3.5.1, but it just goes no where. I tried insert my internal 192 ip in place of external, and goes nowhere too. can someone shed some light on this? I did try to follow the direction to a T. Thanks.

ps. I can also hit the ampache server set up on the windows machine from my mac, so I can certainly see it from my own network. Am I just not input the set up correctly then?
    if your entering your url into ampachpre, don't use the http:// just myip/pathtoampache
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    if your entering your url into ampachpre, don't use the http:// just myip/pathtoampache
    do you mean like this? "76.xx.xx.xx/ampache" because that did not work either.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    do you mean like this? "76.xx.xx.xx/ampache" because that did not work either.
    ya that's how it should look. Have you gotten your acl rule in to allow all api/rpc access?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hi Fain, I think so. I just logged in as admin and copy and pasted the settings.

Access Control Entries
    Name Start Address End Address Level User Key Type Action
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    admin 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All API/RPC Edit
  5.    #365  
    Hi Fain, I think so. I just logged in as admin and copy and pasted the settings.

Access Control Entries
    Name Start Address End Address Level User Key Type Action
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv4 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Web Interface Edit Delete
    DEFAULTv6 All All Stream Access Edit Delete
    admin 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 All All API/RPC Edit
    so, you can login from another pc on the local network? Have you enabled logging in ampache? If so check the log while/after logging in with both clients.
    This may be a stupid question but how do I get the updated AmpachePre app? I'm only showing 0.6.0 on the homebrew list.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    so, you can login from another pc on the local network? Have you enabled logging in ampache? If so check the log while/after logging in with both clients.
    yes, I can log in from another pc on the local network. ampache is set up on a windows pc, and I was able to hit the ampache log in with my mac's browser. where do i enable logging in ampache. when I was using pre and wifi, under url set up, I used http://192.128.x.x/ampache as the name, and have no problem. and where would the log be on the set up?
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by toinfinityand View Post
    This may be a stupid question but how do I get the updated AmpachePre app? I'm only showing 0.6.0 on the homebrew list.
    I believe you are looking at Ampache Mobile. The latest version of AmpachPre is 1.7.0
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

I just noticed that when I did get wifi to work, I was not talking about ampachPre, I was actually using ampache mobile. and when I plug in the same settings from ampache mobile into ampachPre, I cannot even get the wifi part to work? are they that much different? I apologize for being so off, and was using the wrong application.
  10.    #370  
    Hi Jason,

I just noticed that when I did get wifi to work, I was not talking about ampachPre, I was actually using ampache mobile. and when I plug in the same settings from ampache mobile into ampachPre, I cannot even get the wifi part to work? are they that much different? I apologize for being so off, and was using the wrong application.
    ya not much different except I just hard coded the protocol portion of the url. (http://) so there's no need to type that out.
    Geez

Followed all the steps!!! not working for me. It just keeps spinning and says logging in to...

Can someone help???
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Geez

Followed all the steps!!! not working for me. It just keeps spinning and says logging in to...

Can someone help???
    are you accessing ampache from internal or external (wifi or evdo)?
    can you access it from the pres web browser?
    check your messages fain... I sent you a PM
    I'm on my pre under the app AmpachePre...

Typed in my login information and clicked save and it just constantly spins and doesn't do anything...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm on my pre under the app AmpachePre...

Typed in my login information and clicked save and it just constantly spins and doesn't do anything...
    can you access from the pre's web browser or from a pc not on your network?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    no... I can only access from my laptop which I have set it up on. I type in my IP/ampache yadda yadda yadda on the laptop and it goes to the screen where I login/etc. So that's working. I tried to go to the same address on my pre and it wasn't having it...
  17.    #377  
    no... I can only access from my laptop which I have set it up on. I type in my IP/ampache yadda yadda yadda on the laptop and it goes to the screen where I login/etc. So that's working. I tried to go to the same address on my pre and it wasn't having it...
    check for the windows firewalls. Also do you have a api/rpc acl rule to accept all?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    which ip? internal or external? if it starts with 192.xxx.xxx.xxx it most likely is internal. You need to use your external ip address for your computer/router.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Yes. the server is set to All. I followed the guide and I believe everything is all set correctly with the server...

So I'm in the Palm App ampachepre

I type in a random account name... I set mine as "MUSIC"

for the url address I typed xx.xxx.x.xx/pathtoampache

and then I enter my username and password and it just sits there and spins and loads....

So I dunno what's up with this thing... Could it be the firewall?
    I'm using an apple Airport extreme wireless modem.
    I am trying my external IP... I got it by going to whatismyipaddress....

Still no luck...