Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the new version of AmpachePre 1.0.2, and used my IP address (that my router connects to, NOT the one my computer connects to by the way) with a /ampache behind it and it worked (while my pre was using Wi-Fi). The music streamed, etc, worked perfectly!

But then, as with each step of the way doing this entire process, I ran into another hurdle. I switched to EVDO so I can use this OUTSIDE of my house on the road for example, and of course, now it does not work. I used the same setup with the IP address my router connects to 000.000.000.000/ampache but no longer works now, searches forever. My router has the appropriate ports opened. Any ideas?

Quick question - how do I check/open appropriate ports?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    if your having trouble accessing apache from outside of your own network (such as on EVDO) there could be several things wrong...
    1. your using the wrong ip address.... check your outside ip address...whatsmyip.com
    2. your ISP could be blocking port 80 (likely...) for this you will need to set the port it listens on in the config file...
    3. your ports are not forwarded on your router to your pc running apache...
    PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

hope this helps ...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Well at least I know it's not that.

Vista sucks.
    just to be clear. I'm running xp. As a side note i have a Vista desktop and it's actually the most rock solid OS i've ever used. I think that's because it's a recent laptop and everything on it was made to run on Vista. Tried to run it on my desktop with old stuff and it was unusable and unstable. My two cents. Even more confusing. I've dual booted Windows 7 three seperate times and i've yet to get it to work. The last time it failed to boot. Crazy. I think i'm lucky with vista.
  4.    #324  
    • fixed a bug that caused error decode while loading the song. hopefully
    • fixed a bug that crashed ampachpre on back gesture from the stream scene before the song started playing.
    • made artist search return only the artist searched on albums with multiple artists
      search album to get soundtracks and multi-compilation albums.
    • made skip choose a random song if you are in random mode.
    • Worked on the list styles a little bit.
    This App is awsome, Thanks for all your work!!!
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by nino2al View Post
    This App is awsome, Thanks for all your work!!!
    np thank you.
    Amazing app!! Many thanks...this is awesome on so many levels.
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinezlc99 View Post
    Amazing app!! Many thanks...this is awesome on so many levels.
    Thank you!

I am going to change the name of AmpachPre. I want to get rid of the "Pre" in it as there are more webOS devices coming out.

I was thinking myFM. Any objections to myFM?
    Ok, so I followed all you directions and I got Ampache intalled and running on my computer... So now on my pre, when I'm adding my account, what is my account description? where do i find the full url of the server? Thanks for all your directions so far. Can anyone help?
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysocki444 View Post
    Ok, so I followed all you directions and I got Ampache intalled and running on my computer... So now on my pre, when I'm adding my account, what is my account description? where do i find the full url of the server? Thanks for all your directions so far. Can anyone help?
    The server url is going to depend on how you are connecting. If you are connecting via EVDO it is going to be your external ip. WIFI = internal ip. The external will be listed in your router config. Will probably be listed as WAN. The internal ip will be on the server under networks in the control panel if on windows.

Do you have a router or is the pc with ampache on it connected directly to the modem/internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thank you!

I am going to change the name of AmpachPre. I want to get rid of the "Pre" in it as there are more webOS devices coming out.

I was thinking myFM. Any objections to myFM?
    I would probably keep the word Ampache in it somewhere. myFM sounds to me like a shoutcast app or something.

Just my 2 cents
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    I would probably keep the word Ampache in it somewhere. myFM sounds to me like a shoutcast app or something.

Just my 2 cents
    thanks for the feedback. I was thinking since ampache is a streaming media server in the same way icecast and mycast is. Its kind of like shoutcast just more personalized. Plus I would like to add more lastfm features someday.
    directly connected
    I feel like I've done the hard part of the work already. The program works on my computer. So I put in my ip address in the full url of the server box as http://xxx.xxx.xxx and I get an error message. so thats not it. Sorry to be a pain in the ***, but i'm really not that savy with computers. The only way I was able to get the program loaded on my cpu was by following the step by step directions. Please help! I really want to use this program.
  15.    #335  
    I feel like I've done the hard part of the work already. The program works on my computer. So I put in my ip address in the full url of the server box as http://xxx.xxx.xxx and I get an error message. so thats not it. Sorry to be a pain in the ***, but i'm really not that savy with computers. The only way I was able to get the program loaded on my cpu was by following the step by step directions. Please help! I really want to use this program.
    well in ampachpre you do not need the "http://" part just the "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/pathToAmpache"
    part
    ok now im getting a wrong address message. heres exactly what im typing in the domain.com field... my IPv4 IP address/localhost/ampache-3.5.1 I've also tried the IP follwed by /localhost/ampache-3.5.1/login.php I really appriciate all you help and patience
  17.    #337  
    ok now im getting a wrong address message. heres exactly what im typing in the domain.com field... my IPv4 IP address/localhost/ampache-3.5.1 I've also tried the IP follwed by /localhost/ampache-3.5.1/login.php I really appriciate all you help and patience
    localhost is only good for the local machine (in this case if you are using ampachpre you are trying to connect to the palm pre) leave localhost out of it. all you need is

Code:
    IPv4/ampache-3.5.1/
    loging in to.... just the circle... wont get past this screen
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    loging in to.... just the circle... wont get past this screen
    can you log in via a remote computer? It might be you can access locally but not remotly... is your phone on your wifi or evdo?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    its not working on either wifi or evdo