Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I must be missing something simple, but I just cannot get this app to work.

First off, I have Ampache Mobile set up, and it can connect to my Ampache server with no problem.

Using the same server and login info on AmpachPre, I can't figure out how to get past the "Account" screen that shows up. Nothing seems to happen when I select "Save" or "Show Selected Account."

I don't know what to do. I try selecting different slots from the "Choose Account" drop-down menu. Seems like nothing will stick, and I can't figure out where to go from here.

It must be something simple, yet I can't find it!! Anybody else know what I'm missing??
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    I must be missing something simple, but I just cannot get this app to work.

First off, I have Ampache Mobile set up, and it can connect to my Ampache server with no problem.

Using the same server and login info on AmpachPre, I can't figure out how to get past the "Account" screen that shows up. Nothing seems to happen when I select "Save" or "Show Selected Account."

I don't know what to do. I try selecting different slots from the "Choose Account" drop-down menu. Seems like nothing will stick, and I can't figure out where to go from here.

It must be something simple, yet I can't find it!! Anybody else know what I'm missing??
    Thanks for letting me know about this! Looks like I introduced a bug in the account system somehow in 1.5.6 when i moved the listeners. I never delete my accounts that are saved so I didn't notice it.
    I was waiting to release 1.5.7 so I could get a couple more features in but since this bug is out there I will go ahead and release it today in a few.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Thank you! Let me know whenever you have a new version up, and I'll try it out and report back.
  4.    #284  
    • Formated the Time in the Songs list Play list and Now Playing finally.
    • Added a timer to the now playing scene.
    • Added error reporting to a few of the play back errors.
    • Fixed a bug that would crash AmpachPre on back gesture at the search scene.
    • Tweaked the random play algorithm a little.
    • Changed the style of the search field.
    • Enter or on text property change now submits a search. (working on getting just enter to submit)
    • Created a ping event which should keep the session alive longer.
    • on the search scene, just start typing to bring the search field into focus.
    • Any key press on the now playing scene will pause/play the audio.
    • A few changes here and there to styles.
    • fixed a bug with the account editor. Thanks imekul.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Silly question, but how do I install the new version? Preware still shows 1.5.6 at the moment.
  6.    #286  
    Silly question, but how do I install the new version? Preware still shows 1.5.6 at the moment.
    I have not gotten around to installing preware yet. I checked filecoaster and it was at 1.5.6 then I restarted filecoaster and it showed 1.5.7. So it might just take a few to propagate through.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    On AmpachPre (1.5.7) is there a way to add multiple songs to a playlist at one time, or must each song be added individually?
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    On AmpachPre (1.5.7) is there a way to add multiple songs to a playlist at one time, or must each song be added individually?
    I have been brainstorming the best way to go about this. It is a feature I would like to implement soon. Currently it's only one at a time. I would also like to be able to save playlists between sessions. So I don't have to build a new one every session I want a custom playlist. I think this will be possible but I am not sure yet.

I'll work on these things for the next release.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I have been brainstorming the best way to go about this. It is a feature I would like to implement soon. Currently it's only one at a time. I would also like to be able to save playlists between sessions. So I don't have to build a new one every session I want a custom playlist. I think this will be possible but I am not sure yet.

I'll work on these things for the next release.
    Thanks, looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Thank you! The new version works now. :-)

Idea: Would it be possible to have the option to download the original (source) MP3 as well? Since the Pre has limited storage, it would be nice to be able to download different songs/albums on demand.
  11.    #291  
    Thank you! The new version works now. :-)

Idea: Would it be possible to have the option to download the original (source) MP3 as well? Since the Pre has limited storage, it would be nice to be able to download different songs/albums on demand.
    yes it is possible. But you have to enable the download patch in the pres browser. I think preware has this patch. Then make a account and check the box 'use web' and save the account. That account should open a new we browser window and let you choose if you want to download the mp3 or stream it. But only if you have that patch. I don't know how that patch will work in the upcoming webOS 1.2.1 though.
  12.    #292  

Playlist editor Changes:
    • Added "swipe to playlist" in the songs/albums/artists scenes.
      Instead of tapping to add to playlist just swipe it off the screen and watch it/them magically appear in the playlist
      Swipe an entire collection by artist, album or individual songs!!
    • Added swipe to delete in playlist scene
    • Added drag to reorder playlist item
    • Added total playlist runtime
    • removed selection confirmation on songs scenes.
      Swipe to add to playlist, tap to play from selection through the rest of the album.
    • fixed search songs not formatting time.

I might have fixed a problem with useWeb as well. It's working now for sure tho.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Is there some trick to getting the account info to work with a port #?

In Ampache Mobile I use
    http://hostname:90/ampache
    and it works fine

Following the format listed in Ampche Pre account setup I tried
    hostname:90/ampache
    and get nothing. Just spins trying to connect. No error, no
    indication from my connection monitors on my server that anything
    is trying to connect. My suspicion is that it's ignoring the port #
    and trying to come in on port 80, which is blocked by my ISP.

ian
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Is there some trick to getting the account info to work with a port #?

In Ampache Mobile I use
    [url]
    and it works fine

Following the format listed in Ampche Pre account setup I tried
    hostname:90/ampache
    and get nothing. Just spins trying to connect. No error, no
    indication from my connection monitors on my server that anything
    is trying to connect. My suspicion is that it's ignoring the port #
    and trying to come in on port 80, which is blocked by my ISP.

ian
    I use port 777 with the format. Hostname:777/ampache. So I don't think its the port. Make surre you are on the correct connection. Wifi/evdo. Have you tried the ip instead of the hostname?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Looks like the problem is a difference in the required ACLs.
    For Ampache Mobile I created an RPC/All ACL for only the single user
    that I log in as, and that works fine. AmpachPre appears to need the
    same RPC/All ACL applied to "All" users, which makes me nervous.

ian
  16.    #296  

ian
    ya I think that's a bug in ampache.
  17.    #297  

ian
    as long as you have a good strong password for your admin account and never log into it out side of your internal network. You should be fine. Make a limited account for remote log ins. Or you can setup ssl and log in to your admin account from anywhere. But neither ampachpre nor ampache mobile support ssl currently.
    I hav not had time to set up ssl again since I formatted. So I can not test ampachpre against a ssl cert. I have read from bj that the certificate would not accept or something along tthose lines. So I have not put much thought in to it. I just use a limited account for ampachpre and remote logins and only admin at home.
    If someone could get admin access, how much damage could they do?

Also, do I remember you saying something about adding last.fm support? Would this automatically create playlists for you from the songs you have? Kind of like Genius for iTunes, cause that would be amazing.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    If someone could get admin access, how much damage could they do?

Also, do I remember you saying something about adding last.fm support? Would this automatically create playlists for you from the songs you have? Kind of like Genius for iTunes, cause that would be amazing.
    if someone got your admin account they could prolly mess up your music collection. As far as gaining furthur access I am not sure, better safe then sorry.

as far as last fm support. What's supported now is basically just scrobbling. Ampache has this built in. I think that is the only function ampache has for last fm. It would be nice to have more last fm support I might look into that sometime in the future.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    yes it is possible. But you have to enable the download patch in the pres browser. I think preware has this patch. Then make a account and check the box 'use web' and save the account. That account should open a new we browser window and let you choose if you want to download the mp3 or stream it. But only if you have that patch. I don't know how that patch will work in the upcoming webOS 1.2.1 though.
    with the new download manager api it might be possible with out this patch I have heard that by default the browser still will not download mp3z though :/