Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1046
  1. #261  
    My ampache server seems to be working, I can get it to run on all PCs on my LAN, however I'm having trouble with the AmphPre. I can connect to the server, search artists, songs, album art etc. but when I try to play something i get "Stream loading stalled". Then "Streaming Error
    The audio stream was aborted by WebOS. Most often this happens when you do not have a fast enough connection to support an audio stream.

    Debug Info:
    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_ABORTED
    Mime:audio/mpeg
    URL:Stream link

    This is on WiFi if it helps.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Varner1617 View Post
    My ampache server seems to be working, I can get it to run on all PCs on my LAN, however I'm having trouble with the AmphPre. I can connect to the server, search artists, songs, album art etc. but when I try to play something i get "Stream loading stalled". Then "Streaming Error
    The audio stream was aborted by WebOS. Most often this happens when you do not have a fast enough connection to support an audio stream.

    Debug Info:
    Error Type: MEDIA_ERR_ABORTED
    Mime:audio/mpeg
    URL:Stream link

    This is on WiFi if it helps.
    Hmmm... that looks like an error message from Ampache Mobile. A bit more info might be nice. Do you have transcoding enabled? What happens if you click the "Stream Link"?
    Last edited by bjgeiser; 09/15/2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Didn't read enough
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  3. #263  
    Fain: Any idea how the heck to get ampache to index videos correctly. I pointed it at a couple on my server and seems like that functionality on Ampache is pretty horrible.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

    Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Hmmm... that looks like an error message from Ampache Mobile. A bit more info might be nice. Have you added an ACL rule for RPC?
    Yeah, I was able to gather artist info and album art, just not stream music.

    I just reinstalled everything and its working beautifully, great app!
  5. L7nx's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #265  
    having trouble
  6. #266  
    I ran into another wall after trying to set it up outside of the LAN. I can connect to ampache via the web browser, but can't connect with Ampache mobile. It just times out, even over Wifi.

    EDIT: I'm dumb, restarted the pre now its working, now to figure out this pesky port 80...
    Last edited by Varner1617; 09/15/2009 at 01:53 PM.
  7.    #267  
    New version up

    1.5.6
    • Added album of the moment
    • moved all eventlisteners to the activate and deactivate functions. (should improve performance)
    • removed type from the songs list. no need for this really if you have transcoding on.
    • changed the backdrop and icon once again. Sorry I wasn't happy with the others.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjgeiser View Post
    Fain: Any idea how the heck to get ampache to index videos correctly. I pointed it at a couple on my server and seems like that functionality on Ampache is pretty horrible.
    Ya I didn't mess with that much. It is still new to ampache though. I couldnt get mp4 videos to show up in the xml api at all. which renders the function usless to the pre. But i didnt work on it much. Gotta goto school I am late now :O Ill bb later to reply on some of the earlier posts tonight.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    Wooohoo! It works!

    I found the culprit: somewhere along the lines of me doing all the work last night my ipv4 address changed just slightly, and in the zonked-out state of mind I was in last night I didn't think to do another ipconfig.

    So now I've got it working on wi-fi (great app by the way now that I'm finally in!!! Thanks so much), but now I need to get EVDO to work. I set up a DynDNS account last night, but I really didn't know what I was doing and just have a xxx.ath.cx host server that I quickly set up. What are my next step?

    Thanks so much for the help!

    Edit: Also; I still have the obnoxious beep-like sound that comes every 10-15 seconds or so of songs; I was hoping it was just a stock-music player app bug. Is this a known bug, or do I have a defective Pre? Anyone know about this?
    ya that sounds bad. Is it a short in tthe headphones? Maybe a notification in a runaway deamon. Have you tried reseting everything to default? If webos doctor doesn't fix it I would take it back.
  10. pezdukie's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    ya that sounds bad. Is it a short in tthe headphones? Maybe a notification in a runaway deamon. Have you tried reseting everything to default? If webos doctor doesn't fix it I would take it back.
    Yeah it happens with headphones or just through the speaker; which makes it even stranger. It makes the noise for phone calls; alarm clocks, anytime there's noise coming from the phone.

    I guess I'm an ***** for waiting this long to get it looked at, I guess I just thought it was a bug the whole time. I thought I remembered reading something about it on here, but now I can't find it so I'm sure I was just making something up in my head.

    Before I take it into Sprint, should I WebDoctor it so they don't think I somehow caused this problem with homebrew apps/webOS tweaks? I Doctor'd it just a little while ago, so that's not the problem.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezdukie View Post
    Yeah it happens with headphones or just through the speaker; which makes it even stranger. It makes the noise for phone calls; alarm clocks, anytime there's noise coming from the phone.

    I guess I'm an ***** for waiting this long to get it looked at, I guess I just thought it was a bug the whole time. I thought I remembered reading something about it on here, but now I can't find it so I'm sure I was just making something up in my head.

    Before I take it into Sprint, should I WebDoctor it so they don't think I somehow caused this problem with homebrew apps/webOS tweaks? I Doctor'd it just a little while ago, so that's not the problem.
    I doubt they will check in to it that much. Personally, I would do a restore just to be sure. That way you could say I just did a restore and it still doesn't work right.
  12. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #272  
    well I got Ampache up and running but I can't get to it on EVDO. I'm pretty sure it's a port forwarding issue but man is that no fun to configure. I thought I did it right according to "portforward.com" but now I can't get into my router anymore.

    ugh, i've spent hours on this and I feel like i'm really stuck. I've tried DynDNS.com but that didn't work. Should I try changing the port that ampache uses? I mean, away from 80? I believe all my problems are coming from the Port 80 being used. I really have no idea.

    please help if you can
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    well I got Ampache up and running but I can't get to it on EVDO. I'm pretty sure it's a port forwarding issue but man is that no fun to configure. I thought I did it right according to "portforward.com" but now I can't get into my router anymore.

    ugh, i've spent hours on this and I feel like i'm really stuck. I've tried DynDNS.com but that didn't work. Should I try changing the port that ampache uses? I mean, away from 80? I believe all my problems are coming from the Port 80 being used. I really have no idea.

    please help if you can
    sounds like you might have changed the port the router listens on. The easiest way to do this would be to reset the router to defaults. (there should be instructions how to do this on the routers website or the manual the router came with) or you can nmap the ports to see which one its listening on. I would just reset it to defaults and start over.
  14. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    sounds like you might have changed the port the router listens on. The easiest way to do this would be to reset the router to defaults. (there should be instructions how to do this on the routers website or the manual the router came with) or you can nmap the ports to see which one its listening on. I would just reset it to defaults and start over.
    unfortunately i'm not at home right now so I will have to do that when I get there.
  15. #275  
    When I goto Open Port Check Tool and "check" port 80 I get "Error:I could not see your service on xx.xx.xx.xxx (on port 80)".

    For those with it working, does it say something different? I've tried this both behind my router and having my modem directly connected.
  16.    #276  
    Do you have a firewall on your pc that ampache is on?
  17. #277  
    Windows Firewall is off, fresh install of XP Pro. SP3.
    Last edited by Varner1617; 09/22/2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: SP3
  18.    #278  
    Ok, what about the modem? Is it a router/firewall?

    Also have you verified apache and ampache is working via localhost?
    Last edited by fain; 09/22/2009 at 06:39 AM.
  19. #279  
    As far as I know the modem itself is a standard Surfboard Motorola, to my knowledge, no it doesn't.

    How would I verified that apache(part I'm concerned about) and ampache are working on localhost? I can connect to ampache with all other computers (and pre) on my LAN.

    Ill give my cable company a call today and see if its not something on their end.

    EDIT: Called my cable company and they said port 80 isn't being block.(FWIW neither is 8081)

    I remember years ago when I ran a Counter Strike server I would have to set sv_lan to 0 to let people from internet into the server. Is there a "sv_lan" command in apache/ampache?
    Last edited by Varner1617; 09/22/2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: grammar and content.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Varner1617 View Post
    As far as I know the modem itself is a standard Surfboard Motorola, to my knowledge, no it doesn't.

    How would I verified that apache(part I'm concerned about) and ampache are working on localhost? I can connect to ampache with all other computers (and pre) on my LAN.

    Ill give my cable company a call today and see if its not something on their end.

    EDIT: Called my cable company and they said port 80 isn't being block.(FWIW neither is 8081)

    I remember years ago when I ran a Counter Strike server I would have to set sv_lan to 0 to let people from internet into the server. Is there a "sv_lan" command in apache/ampache?
    Na I doubt it. That sounds like some acl rule built into counterstrike.
    Speaking of which..are your acl rules set to allow a full range?

    Maybe temperarly open the ampache server to the routers dmz. Use the wan ip of your router to connect over evdo.

Posting Permissions