Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    guys im not sure if this is a problem. ( i think it is) when i go to https://localhost/xampp/ it brings up the orange screen for xampp. but when i go to tools and click phpMYUadmin i get an error message stating:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
    Open new phpMyAdmin window

i have a feeling theres something wrong here. thoughts? thanks you again
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmiller716 View Post
    guys im not sure if this is a problem. ( i think it is) when i go to [url] it brings up the orange screen for xampp. but when i go to tools and click phpMYUadmin i get an error message stating:

Error

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Looks like you just need to add a root account password. I believe my guide has steps on how to do this.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    OK it seems as though port 80 and port 443 are blocked by another program. I went through all the steps on port fowarding with no luck. I tried the port checker but it says some other program is blocking these ports. I'm sure I'm douing nothing wrong because ive been sucessful with port fowarding before. ive done it for my ps3. I guess im going to have to try your next step, changing the port. How do I change this?
    Yeah, I can say its probably your ps3 using those ports, I have the same setup. but I keep them disabled unless I need it.
    To change the port your using you need to edit the httpd.conf file. there will be a line about the port 80.. just change 80 to whatever port you want to use. 8080 should work or any alternate.. 8081... you can do a web search for alternate http ports. Just remember that once done you will need to add the port to all your ip/dns addresses... <myip/dns>:<port#> you will even need to do this for localhost.

An alternative that some routers offer is that you can forward port 80 requests to your alternative port, but I havent gotten this to work yet.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Looks like you just need to add a root account password. I believe my guide has steps on how to do this.

I'm probably driving you nuts already, but I've been re reading your directions for the past hour and I do not see where i can do this. If I direct my browser to Http://localhost/security it says "The MySQL admin user root has a password status : secure" So it seems as though thats okay. Im starting to think starting from scratch might be my best bet. if you think this would be appropriate how would I go about clearing/uninstalling everything I've done?
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Yeah, I can say its probably your ps3 using those ports, I have the same setup. but I keep them disabled unless I need it.
    To change the port your using you need to edit the httpd.conf file. there will be a line about the port 80.. just change 80 to whatever port you want to use. 8080 should work or any alternate.. 8081... you can do a web search for alternate http ports. Just remember that once done you will need to add the port to all your ip/dns addresses... <myip/dns>:<port#> you will even need to do this for localhost.

An alternative that some routers offer is that you can forward port 80 requests to your alternative port, but I havent gotten this to work yet.

I used the command prompt "netstat -ano" to see what is using ports 80 and 443. It returned a file called "httpd.exe" which is something for ampache. Hope this helps some
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I used the command prompt "netstat -ano" to see what is using ports 80 and 443. It returned a file called "httpd.exe" which is something for ampache. Hope this helps some
    ok, after re-reading your previous posts, you had said you could access it from different computers using your dyndns address... is this still the case? It looks as though apache is using port 80 and is up and running. When accessing from a web browser, you get the login page for ampache? Can you log in that way and view your media files from a browser? Using the dyndns address not localhost?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

ok, after re-reading your previous posts, you had said you could access it from different computers using your dyndns address... is this still the case? It looks as though apache is using port 80 and is up and running. When accessing from a web browser, you get the login page for ampache? Can you log in that way and view your media files from a browser? Using the dyndns address not localhost?
    Yes if i type in Http://palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampache-3.5.1 is my pres browser a page pops up that say "index of/ampache-3.5.1 I attached a photo.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Yes if i type in Http://palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampache-3.5.1 is my pres browser a page pops up that say "index of/ampache-3.5.1 I attached a photo.

you have a ampache-3.5.1 directory within your ampache-3.5.1 directory.... that is why you cannot log in with ampachPre... rename the parent directory and move the inner ampache-3.5.1 directory to the htdocs directory so it will be:
    htdocs/amapche-3.5.1/index.htm...

then you should be able to log in fine.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

you have a ampache-3.5.1 directory within your ampache-3.5.1 directory.... that is why you cannot log in with ampachPre... rename the parent directory and move the inner ampache-3.5.1 directory to the htdocs directory so it will be:
    htdocs/amapche-3.5.1/index.htm...

then you should be able to log in fine.

Think you could walk me through that plaeaae. I don't really understand
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Think you could walk me through that plaeaae. I don't really understand
    basically you have C:/xampp/htdocs/ampache-3.5.1/ampache-3.5.1
    it should be C:/xampp/htdocs/ampache-3.5.1
    I could have spelled things wrong slightly, I'm at work and not at my home computer to verify.

I can try... are you using windows or a mac?
    dont have a lot of expierience with a mac so wouldnt be able to help you with that.
    for windows... Double Click (DC) the my computer...
    DC to drive C:
    DC to get into the xampp directory
    DC to get into the htdocs (?)
    right click the ampache-3.5.1 directory and go to rename...
    name it something else.. doesnt matter.. hit enter
    DC into that directory and right click the ampache-3.5.1 directory and select copy
    go back to the htdocs directory and paste in there
    when you've verified everything was moved and you can log in
    go ahead and delete the renamed directory, there should be nothing in it anyways.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I could have spelled things wrong slightly, I'm at work and not at my home computer to verify.

dont have a lot of expierience with a mac so wouldnt be able to help you with that.
    DC to drive C:
    DC into that directory and right click the ampache-3.5.1 directory and select copy
    go ahead and delete the renamed directory, there should be nothing in it anyways.
    Yes I'm using windows. I'm pretty familiar with doing all that. I thought you meant I had to change thinga around in ampache. Let me give this a try and I'll let you know how it went. Thanks for your time

DC to drive C:
    Hmmm, that did not work. It seems as though I have C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/ampache-3.5.1 I'm thinking the xampp shouldnt be there twice. If I'm right in saying that how do i fix that?

Also now when I try inputting http://palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampache-3.5.1 i get an error saying "object not found"
    Last edited by cmiller716; 09/02/2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Hmmm, that did not work. It seems as though I have C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/ampache-3.5.1 I'm thinking the xampp shouldnt be there twice. If I'm right in saying that how do i fix that?
    the double xampp directories arent a problem... if you want, you can put things back the way they were and simply use the address to log in on your pre as:
    http://palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampach.../ampache-3.5.1
    otherwise the next easiest thing to do would be to uninstall everything and reinstall xampp...

if you go the uninstall/reinstall route.. follow the pdf on the first page exactly step by step, except the dyndns stuff as you already have that done.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

the double xampp directories arent a problem... if you want, you can put things back the way they were and simply use the address to log in on your pre as:
    http://palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampach.../ampache-3.5.1
    otherwise the next easiest thing to do would be to uninstall everything and reinstall xampp...

if you go the uninstall/reinstall route.. follow the pdf on the first page exactly step by step, except the dyndns stuff as you already have that done.

What do I have to uninstall? Just xampp?
  15.    #235  
    guys im not sure if this is a problem. ( i think it is) when i go to [url] it brings up the orange screen for xampp. but when i go to tools and click phpMYUadmin i get an error message stating:

Error

ok earlier I was at work and did not read this properly.

Something I noticed....you are using ssl https:// to connect to local host. There is no need for that.

Have you tried http:// instead?
    Also you should be able to get to xampp by just
    http://localhost/
    [QUOTE=fain;1865224]ok earlier I was at work and did not read this properly.

Something I noticed....you are using ssl to connect to local host. There is no need for that.

Have you tried instead?
    Also you should be able to get to xampp by just

I'm off to work. I uninstalled xammp. I'll have to try again tonight when I get home or erly tomorrow. Thanks
    Got it working after aabout 30 minutes trial & error here. Sitting at a cafe using my laptop and their wifi to access my ampache server at home.
    But, my starting point was I already had Ampache itself up & running for years on a suse linux 10.2 box at home, so, that's all the basic Ampache, mysql, networking/routing & firewall issues already done & out of the way. (not using the suse package for ampache btw. It's old and pointlessly modified from original, and didnt even work for me. Easier just to use the original packages or svn checkouts right from the source)

My gotchas were:

I had to set:
    /srv/www/ampache/config/ampache.cfg.php :
    access_control = "true"
    xml_rpc = "true"
    use_auth = "true"

Then log in to Ampache via web browser and:
    * reset my users password (I had been using use_auth=false, and my ampache is a nightly updated svn from before 3.4 so my passwords were all old, but the web interface says in bold red letters "reset your password")
    * create the acl as per the directions in the first post.

After that, both AmpachePre and AmpachMobile work great on my Pre with the exception that:

Neither app can actually play most of my files since they're almost all ogg.
    AmpachePre handles this particularly poorly imo compared to AmpacheMobile.

AmpachePre just shows a funny screen that's missing half of the UI elements and emits no sound and doesn't move or display any error when you try to play an ogg.
    AmpacheMobile loads up the UI screen all the way, and pops up a notification with an error message that isn't very informative, but it's at least better than no error message and it does at least tell you that this file isn't going to play.

But, for mp3's it all works slick as hell.
    The problem is Neither app actually shows you what type of file a given song is.
    You have to actually try to play it to find out that it won't work.

Transcoding is probably the answer for this, except I never managed to get transcoding to work. I tried sometime back for my PS3 and didn't even really try this time.
    Unless it's possible to only transcode ogg to mp3 for the Pre and not for other clients, I wouldn't want to do that anyways.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Finally! I've got it working....for the most part. Ok i uninstalled and reinstalled. I still can not tell you what the problem was. But its up and pretty much running now. I can access all my tunes through ampachpre, but I have no sound for some reason. Am I missing something to actually get the song to play? I attached a photo of where I'm at just to prove its working. i'd like to thank Fain for the product and elryon for putting up with me and walking me through this.Now if I can just figure out why I have no sound or maybe the tracks arent even playing. I'm not quite sure.
    Uh oh...is there m4a support?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Uh oh...is there m4a support?
    I'm not sure on that, but if they have DRM, then no.
    If they are not supported directly then you could enable transcoding. I just got mine working for downsampling, but haven't tried for changing formats...
    and congrats on getting it going.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call