Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Cant wait to get this up and running it sounds awesome. Your hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you. But, unfortunately I'm having trouble here and I'm not sure where to start even explaining.

I have everything installed correctly on my desktop. (windows xp) I used the method of going to dyndns.com. It didnt work at first. Then I did the port fowarding for port 80. It worked here. This seemed to allow me access to the parent directory and to ampache if i type in palmpre14207.dyndns,ws/ampache-3.5.1. I believe the correct term for this is index. (sorry not very savvy) i did this on my laptop. When input my info on Ampachpre and try to log in it says "error probably the wrong address" or sometimes the lil thing will just keep spinning. Kinda confusing sorry, just trying to give you as much info as possible.
    I also tried a program called PFPort Checker and tried to check port 80. It says something along the lines of, "could not test port 80 because some other application has that port locked.
    So it seems I can access it on a different computer but not with the app on the pre. Hey thanks again!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmiller716 View Post
    Cant wait to get this up and running it sounds awesome. Your hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you. But, unfortunately I'm having trouble here and I'm not sure where to start even explaining.

I have everything installed correctly on my desktop. (windows xp) I used the method of going to dyndns.com. It didnt work at first. Then I did the port fowarding for port 80. It worked here. This seemed to allow me access to the parent directory and to ampache if i type in palmpre14207.dyndns,ws/ampache-3.5.1. I believe the correct term for this is index. (sorry not very savvy) i did this on my laptop. When input my info on Ampachpre and try to log in it says "error probably the wrong address" or sometimes the lil thing will just keep spinning. Kinda confusing sorry, just trying to give you as much info as possible.
    I also tried a program called PFPort Checker and tried to check port 80. It says something along the lines of, "could not test port 80 because some other application has that port locked.
    So it seems I can access it on a different computer but not with the app on the pre. Hey thanks again!
    Are you entering the
    Code:
    http://
    in ampachpre? Also in the example above there is a comma between dyndns and ws it should be a period.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Are you entering the
    Code:
    http://
    in ampachpre? Also in the example above there is a comma between dyndns and ws it should be a period.
    That was just a typo above. When I did it it was a period, sorry about that.

I was not entering the http://, I just tried it with no such luck. It's stuck on the Login screen with the spinning wheel.

Thanks for the reply
  4.    #204  
    That was just a typo above. When I did it it was a period, sorry about that.

I was not entering the [url] I just tried it with no such luck. It's stuck on the Login screen with the spinning wheel.

Thanks for the reply
    ok what connection are you on while trying this? On the laptop that works and the pre. Also you should enable debugging on ampache to see what the log says. If you got a probably wrong address in ampachpre. That means the server did not respond at all. If it just spins it means its not getting the proper response.

Make sure your acl is set up exactly as in my how to on the original post.
    Stillen_i30 Sounds like you have a dsl modem, so you will need to forward the ports on it to your router and then forward from router to server. For my modem, my isp doesn't change default username/pw. I used admin/admin..
    Hi,

I'm using a wireless router through Time Warner in NYC. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to do port forwarding. When I log in to the router, the only option I have is to look at the status, not change anything. Same thing after resetting the router to factory settings (it's an SMC 8014WG-SI). Is there any way to make this work without doing port forwarding? I am a total beginner, and don't even really know what port forwarding is, but after trying, and doing some research, I'm pretty sure I can't do it.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    Hi,

I'm using a wireless router through Time Warner in NYC. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to do port forwarding. When I log in to the router, the only option I have is to look at the status, not change anything. Same thing after resetting the router to factory settings (it's an SMC 8014WG-SI). Is there any way to make this work without doing port forwarding? I am a total beginner, and don't even really know what port forwarding is, but after trying, and doing some research, I'm pretty sure I can't do it.

Thanks!
    Try here: Port Forwarding AppNameTag on the SMC 8014WG-SI
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    ok what connection are you on while trying this? On the laptop that works and the pre. Also you should enable debugging on ampache to see what the log says. If you got a probably wrong address in ampachpre. That means the server did not respond at all. If it just spins it means its not getting the proper response.

Make sure your acl is set up exactly as in my how to on the original post.
    Im sorry, but I dont know what your asking about when you asked "what connection are you on when trying this" If your referring to me typing "palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampache-3.5.1 I have accessed this on my desktop, laptop and the pre's browser. Now I am trying it again, its telling me that the connection is timing out. I'm having no luck on any of trhe machines. If I type in "http://localhost/ampache-3.5.1/" it brings up the index. The acl is set up exactly how you have it in the original. The only other issue I may be having is with port forwarding. When I log into my wireless router, it asks me for the "server ip address" What should be going here. Is it asking me for my computers ip or for my routers ip. Im a bit confused here as you can see.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Im sorry, but I dont know what your asking about when you asked "what connection are you on when trying this" If your referring to me typing "palmpre14207.dyndns.ws/ampache-3.5.1 I have accessed this on my desktop, laptop and the pre's browser. Now I am trying it again, its telling me that the connection is timing out. I'm having no luck on any of trhe machines. If I type in "http://localhost/ampache-3.5.1/" it brings up the index. The acl is set up exactly how you have it in the original. The only other issue I may be having is with port forwarding. When I log into my wireless router, it asks me for the "server ip address" What should be going here. Is it asking me for my computers ip or for my routers ip. Im a bit confused here as you can see.
    your best bet would be to look up port forwarding for your specific router. there should be instructions somewhere. but most likely the 'server ip address' would be your internal ip address for the computer the server is running on. What is the router brand and model?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    your best bet would be to look up port forwarding for your specific router. there should be instructions somewhere. but most likely the 'server ip address' would be your internal ip address for the computer the server is running on. What is the router brand and model?
    It's a Netgear WGR614 v7

I tried my internal ip address and it told me that it must be a LAN Ip address
    Last edited by cmiller716; 08/31/2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    It's a Netgear WGR614 v7

I tried my internal ip address and it told me that it must be a LAN Ip address
    you can try here : PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

more specific: http://portforward.com/english/route...4v7/Apache.htm

if you've followed all the steps on there and still not able to access from and external address but can access localhost, your ISP is blocking the default port 80. You will need to change the port used to something not being blocked.
    Last edited by elryon; 08/31/2009 at 11:36 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

ok, like i've said before when it comes to computers please treat me like I'm slow, because I am with this sort of stuff. I got it set up and it works great around my house, but when I leave and try to use it all I get is the log in trying to log in and not succeeding. Is there a step I missed or something else I need to do?
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    ok, like i've said before when it comes to computers please treat me like I'm slow, because I am with this sort of stuff. I got it set up and it works great around my house, but when I leave and try to use it all I get is the log in trying to log in and not succeeding. Is there a step I missed or something else I need to do?
    Make sure you have the correct IP/Address. You cant use the same one you use around the house on wifi.

On the pc with ampache installed, click here What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more

Make sure you have port 80 open on your router. Do a google on your "brand of router" and "port forwarding".
    edit: wrong thread
    Last edited by Elysian893; 09/01/2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Ok, this is where I said I'm dumb about these type of things....if I don't use the ip address for the same one I use around the house how do i get another ip address to use? Sorry if this is a basic question but like I said I get confused with this stuff easily. I went to that sight you linked but it wasn't much help since Im not sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks for all the help.
    love this app...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    Ok, this is where I said I'm dumb about these type of things....if I don't use the ip address for the same one I use around the house how do i get another ip address to use? Sorry if this is a basic question but like I said I get confused with this stuff easily. I went to that sight you linked but it wasn't much help since Im not sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks for all the help.
    if you went to the site it would have showed you your 'external' ip address, or the ip the rest of the world sees as the address of your router. This is the ip address you would use instead of your local wifi (local is probably 192.xxx.xxx.xxx). Try this ip and see if it will work.

edit... if fain is ok with it, I will try and edit the pdf instructions to continue with a troubleshooting section... wont be done till much later though as I do have a day job that seems to always want me to do things for them....sooo demanding...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

18.    #218  
    New Version v1.5 uploaded. Should be in filecoaster soon!

Changes/updates include:

• Added album play list and a custom play list builder.
    • Added a custom Streaming interface.
    • Added option to play with the Pre's built in media streamer or AmpachPres streamer for those who enabled downloads in the browser.
      (Play lists will NOT work with the Pre's web streamer)
    • Cleaned up the account interface.
    • Added command menus on each scene for easier navigation.
    • Took out album art on album search for faster rendering.

There are a few basic features missing from the audio player. As soon as I figure them out ill update it.

I am pretty new to javascript and even newer to webOS. In fact The only thing I knew about javascript before starting AmpachPre was how to do a alert.
    So be patient I am learning as quick as I can.
    Thanks, fain

P.S. I will update the screen shots and OP tomorrow. Got school and work tomorrow :/
  19.    #219  
    if you went to the site it would have showed you your 'external' ip address, or the ip the rest of the world sees as the address of your router. This is the ip address you would use instead of your local wifi (local is probably 192.xxx.xxx.xxx). Try this ip and see if it will work.

edit... if fain is ok with it, I will try and edit the pdf instructions to continue with a troubleshooting section... wont be done till much later though as I do have a day job that seems to always want me to do things for them....sooo demanding...
    Ya thats cool wit me, just make sure to put your name on the parts you add/update. I can provide you the source doc if you'd like.
    you can try here : PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

more specific: Port Forwarding Apache on the Netgear WGR614v7

if you've followed all the steps on there and still not able to access from and external address but can access localhost, your ISP is blocking the default port 80. You will need to change the port used to something not being blocked.
    OK it seems as though port 80 and port 443 are blocked by another program. I went through all the steps on port fowarding with no luck. I tried the port checker but it says some other program is blocking these ports. I'm sure I'm douing nothing wrong because ive been sucessful with port fowarding before. ive done it for my ps3. I guess im going to have to try your next step, changing the port. How do I change this?
    Last edited by cmiller716; 09/02/2009 at 11:06 AM.