Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1046
  1. #181  
    Hey, finally got this to log-in. Yay!

    Updated to Ampache 3.5.1. Found a repo to to the current ampache version for ubuntu. https://launchpad.net/~cjsmo/+archive/ppa if anyone else needs this...

    Also add to add another ACL Line to get past the errors...

    Code:
    Test for Mobile	0.0.0.0	255.255.255.255	All	All		API/RPC
    Thanks for the support and updates. ttyl
  2. gene26's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    For those of you having trouble connecting that can connect when on wifi... or on any computer that is on the same network... most likely your isp is blocking any incoming traffic on port 80. You will need to change the port used to a different port, such as 8081 or something. This is changed in the httpd.conf file. Just edit with a text editor and look for any reference to port 80 and change to the port you want to use. Then restart the servers. Then add the port reference on your account such as:

    youripaddress:8081/ampache-3.5.1

    hope this helps some...

    EDIT: dont forget to change the port forwarding on your router...
    ok, so i may not need to change the port, but your description kinda contradicted itself. Basically, i can connect to the server, which i set up on my laptop, from my pre via wifi by using the laptops address, as well as the dyndns i created. but, thats only over wifi. on my home network. this is with windows firewall on, the laptop added into the DMZ on the router, a Linksys WRT54GS with Tomato on it, as well as port 80 forwarded with my laptops IP address. Now, I can NOT reach the login page over EVDO. Also, I can't find the file you are referring to. If anyone wants to verify that my stuff is working outside my home network, they can go to gene26.dyn-o-saur.com/ampache-3.5.1. yeah. anyways, this looks to be awesome. I just hope that i can get this working outside the home! thanks for any and all help.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    ok, so i may not need to change the port, but your description kinda contradicted itself. Basically, i can connect to the server, which i set up on my laptop, from my pre via wifi by using the laptops address, as well as the dyndns i created. but, thats only over wifi. on my home network. this is with windows firewall on, the laptop added into the DMZ on the router, a Linksys WRT54GS with Tomato on it, as well as port 80 forwarded with my laptops IP address. Now, I can NOT reach the login page over EVDO. Also, I can't find the file you are referring to. If anyone wants to verify that my stuff is working outside my home network, they can go to gene26.dyn-o-saur.com/ampache-3.5.1. yeah. anyways, this looks to be awesome. I just hope that i can get this working outside the home! thanks for any and all help.
    its been a while since I used windows for anything other then testing. Does the built in firewall offer zones? Such as internet zone and local zone. I do not think it does but its worth a mention.

    Also as mentioned above. Most isp's do not wsnt you using port 80 to serv on unless you are paying for a business ip. So it is recommended you change the port if you know how.

    If you know you have everything configured correctly. Maybe run a nmap scan on your external ip to see what ports are open.
  4. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    ok, so i may not need to change the port, but your description kinda contradicted itself. Basically, i can connect to the server, which i set up on my laptop, from my pre via wifi by using the laptops address, as well as the dyndns i created. but, thats only over wifi. on my home network. this is with windows firewall on, the laptop added into the DMZ on the router, a Linksys WRT54GS with Tomato on it, as well as port 80 forwarded with my laptops IP address. Now, I can NOT reach the login page over EVDO. Also, I can't find the file you are referring to. If anyone wants to verify that my stuff is working outside my home network, they can go to gene26.dyn-o-saur.com/ampache-3.5.1. yeah. anyways, this looks to be awesome. I just hope that i can get this working outside the home! thanks for any and all help.
    could not access your site... even if your isp blocks port 80 from outside, any computer/phone connected via wifi to your network will be able to connect as it doesnt use the connection from your isp. I dont remember where the file is located, I did an advanced search with vista looking in more than the indexed locations (whole C: drive) and it found it.
  5. #185  
    [ Then add the port reference on your account such as:

    youripaddress:8081/ampache-3.5.1

    hope this helps some...

    EDIT: dont forget to change the port forwarding on your router...[/QUOTE]

    How do you change the port forwarding on your router?
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    How do you change the port forwarding on your router?
    that really depends on the router. Check the manual of the router. If you don't have it. Look around in the settings for port forwarding, nat, firewall security etc. Then set the port you specified in apache, to the ip of the ampache server.
  7. #187  
    I think I almost got it--I just need to know one more thing. How do I specify the port I want apache to use (8081)?
  8. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #188  
    find the reference to port 80 in the httpd.conf file. its in one of the xampp folders.. not sure where. then you can change it to whatever port you want to use... 8081 is good or 8080, you can do a web search for alternate web ports.
  9. #189  
    how come when I restarted my computer and typed local host in the browser I'm not getting anything?
  10. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #190  
    you need to include the port with it... localhost:8081/ampache-3.5.1
    if you changed the port to 8081, use the port you changed it to.
  11. #191  
    Everybody who frequents this site really loves there Pre and is willing to spend the extra time to make their phones just right. The vast majority of the world would not spend the time we spend putting on apps on their phones. The problem that these applicatons are causing (I'm posting this in two separate forums since it applies to two apps) has nothing to do with the apps themselves. It has to do with Xampp or the users personal ip addresses. That being said if there is not a simpler way to rectify these problems-(maybe use a different program other than Xampp) two great apps will miss out on a large pecentage of the population who is not willing to spend the hours it takes to install them
  12. #192  
    I am to the point where I can get everything working. The last obstacle I must tackle is my Uni's packet shaper.... Is there a way I can use a proxy connection with ampache, because right now I cannot use the standard connection to my hostname and port, it is blocked by the packet filter. However a proxy would work. Would that be from Apache or ampache?
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

    Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    how come when I restarted my computer and typed local host in the browser I'm not getting anything?
    You have to open xampp control panel and start the servers after reboot. Or install them as services and have them automattically start on boot.
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by adactuslatem View Post
    I am to the point where I can get everything working. The last obstacle I must tackle is my Uni's packet shaper.... Is there a way I can use a proxy connection with ampache, because right now I cannot use the standard connection to my hostname and port, it is blocked by the packet filter. However a proxy would work. Would that be from Apache or ampache?
    as far as proxy servers go I have 0 experience with them. Where is the packet filter?
  15. #195  
    It took me quite a few hours but I seem to have it working. I love this! Thanks so much for it. But I have one slight problem, I clicked on gather art, but none of the album covers show on it. Is that common or am I missing something? Once again thanks for this great app. If it works like I'm hoping this will be one of my favorite apps.
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    It took me quite a few hours but I seem to have it working. I love this! Thanks so much for it. But I have one slight problem, I clicked on gather art, but none of the album covers show on it. Is that common or am I missing something? Once again thanks for this great app. If it works like I'm hoping this will be one of my favorite apps.
    Thanks, no ampache should have gathered art for the albums. Did you receive any errors while the gather process ran?
  17. #197  
    No errors, at least none that I noticed. I have to admit I'm not real computer savy, I can follow the directions, sometimes it takes me longer because I'm not sure of certain things, but in the end I usually manage. But I don't remember any error messages. It's not a big thing, but would be nice if it showed the album covers.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    No errors, at least none that I noticed. I have to admit I'm not real computer savy, I can follow the directions, sometimes it takes me longer because I'm not sure of certain things, but in the end I usually manage. But I don't remember any error messages. It's not a big thing, but would be nice if it showed the album covers.
    does ampache show any album covers in the web interface?
  19. #199  
    no.
  20.    #200  
    I'm pretty sure it gathers art from first you local filesystem. Then it contacts websites such as lastfm and amazon. I think you might need a key for amazon tho. I don't have one but my art gathered just fine till I got a out of memory error but that's another story. If you enable debugging in the ampache.php.cfg and try to run gather art. ythe log might give some more insight on to what's goin on.

Posting Permissions