Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Awsome app..!! It really makes things easy. Thanks..!! Is it possible to add a "work number or office number" option to the pop up? Thanks again..!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JspecRx7 View Post
    Awsome app..!! It really makes things easy. Thanks..!! Is it possible to add a "work number or office number" option to the pop up? Thanks again..!!
    So, have the option of assigning two numbers to dial plus an email address and a text number? Then for the dial numbers you could assign home/cell or cell/work etc? That could work. I'll have to see what the interface would end up looking like.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Will we ever see group email or group SMS? That's the one feature that I find most needed that you never mention w/new releases... You're not witholding that for the paid version only are you?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    ^^orange button + tap icon
    Not working for me... I get the option to Delete, choose it, and then the dialog box goes away... but the launchpoint stays.

Any idea why?
    Great work! I love the new pop-up feature. It makes this much easier to use, in my opinion.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @worthb -

NEW! Popup launchpoints - Dial, email and text all from a single launchpoint! This new feature in version 0.7.1 allows you to create a launchpoint which brings up a popup menu with choices to dial, email and text. You still have the option of creating dedicated launchpoints as well. Please try the new version and let me know what you think.
    Question - do the popup launchpoints store the information in the launchpoint, or do they poll the database each time?

I ask because the popup launchpoint I created, with phone/email/sms information, is very slow to load. I have over 300 contacts in my database.

TIA,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Not working for me... I get the option to Delete, choose it, and then the dialog box goes away... but the launchpoint stays.

Any idea why?
    I'm having the same problem. Orange button option for deleting is NOT working. Help, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Orange button option for deleting is NOT working. Help, please.
    I'm thirding that issue my test launchpoint won't be deleted. Have you made pre anti-matter?!

I even tried to go into internalz to delete it but its not stored in the appdata folder :-P.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I love the new popup feature! It loads very fast and gives me quick access to either call or text with only the one icon.
    Great application!! Very easy to use.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflcopterz View Post
    I'm thirding that issue my test launchpoint won't be deleted. Have you made pre anti-matter?!

I even tried to go into internalz to delete it but its not stored in the appdata folder :-P.
    To all experiencing the "can't delete launchpoint" issue:
    What tweaks do you have installed? Do you others with the same problem have internalz installed as well? I have tested this version extensively as have a group of beta testers and nobody had seen this issue.

Normally there are 2 popup dialogs when you delete a launchpoint. The first will say "Bob Jones v0.7.1 by worthwhiletech.com" and you hit the orange "delete" button, then a second popup comes up and says "Detete Bob Jones?", again with an orange button. Are you only seeing the first popup?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @worthb -
    Question - do the popup launchpoints store the information in the launchpoint, or do they poll the database each time?

I ask because the popup launchpoint I created, with phone/email/sms information, is very slow to load. I have over 300 contacts in my database.

TIA,

-JerryG
    JerryG,
    The information is stored in the launchpoint. The only thing happening when you tap a launchpoint is the information in the launchpoint file (phone numbers and email address) is passed to the LaunchPoint app, which displays the popup. When you say very slow, what do you mean? 2-3 seconds is what I see, but other than the dialer, which always runs in the background, I haven't seen any webOS apps that load any faster, in fact most take longer. I get load times at least twice as long to load a launchpoint created using the "add to launcher" option from the system "contacts" app.

I would love for the load time to be even less. I'm hoping v1.2 will cut the time down some. Anybody with v1.2 that would be willing to measure load times for the popup launchpoints?

I have done everything I can to tweak and optimize the loading process. The only other option is to keep LaunchPoint running in the background, but then you always have a tiny LaunchPoint icon down in the dashboard, and if you accidently swipe it away, you have to wait for it to load again the next time.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    What tweaks do you have installed? Do you others with the same problem have internalz installed as well? I have tested this version extensively as have a group of beta testers and nobody had seen this issue.

Normally there are 2 popup dialogs when you delete a launchpoint. The first will say "Bob Jones v0.7.1 by worthwhiletech.com" and you hit the orange "delete" button, then a second popup comes up and says "Detete Bob Jones?", again with an orange button. Are you only seeing the first popup?
    Seeing both popups, clicking on Delete for both.

Only tweaks I have added are through WebOSInstall - one extra launcher page, battery percent indicator, remove rounded corners on display, and make icons 4-per-row instead of 3-per-row. No rooting.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    What tweaks do you have installed?

None, zero, zip, zilch....other than Homebrew.

Seeing both. Am definitely following the correct procedure. It's just not deleting it.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Seeing both popups, clicking on Delete for both.

Only tweaks I have added are through WebOSInstall - one extra launcher page, battery percent indicator, remove rounded corners on display, and make icons 4-per-row instead of 3-per-row. No rooting.
    Is this a launchpoint with a contact photo or one of the default LaunchPoint icons?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I'm no developer, but I just solved the problem for those of us who were having it. It's a slightly "tricky" solve, but I think everyone can handle it:

Turn off your phone.

Turn it back on.

Go through the delete procedure again.

Voila! It's gone.

Thank you. You can send your donations to my PayPal account.

Have a nice day!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Turn off your phone.

Turn it back on.

Westmar,
    Thanks for figuring that out. When you say turn off your phone , you are just turning off the screen with the power button and then turning it back on again, right? (I was going to suggest a full restart, but hopefully you've found the solution)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm no developer, but I just solved the problem for those of us who were having it. It's a slightly "tricky" solve, but I think everyone can handle it:

Turn off your phone.

Turn it back on.

Voila! It's gone.

Thank you. You can send your donations to my PayPal account.

Have a nice day!
    This procedure worked for me. Thanks, Westmar.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    JerryG,
    The information is stored in the launchpoint. The only thing happening when you tap a launchpoint is the information in the launchpoint file (phone numbers and email address) is passed to the LaunchPoint app, which displays the popup. When you say very slow, what do you mean? 2-3 seconds is what I see, but other than the dialer, which always runs in the background, I haven't seen any webOS apps that load any faster, in fact most take longer. I get load times at least twice as long to load a launchpoint created using the "add to launcher" option from the system "contacts" app.

I would love for the load time to be even less. I'm hoping v1.2 will cut the time down some. Anybody with v1.2 that would be willing to measure load times for the popup launchpoints?

I have done everything I can to tweak and optimize the loading process. The only other option is to keep LaunchPoint running in the background, but then you always have a tiny LaunchPoint icon down in the dashboard, and if you accidently swipe it away, you have to wait for it to load again the next time.
    Yeah, I'm seeing an average 4 second load time. 2 seconds with LaunchPoint running. I don't use the Contacts generated shortcuts. It's quicker to just start typing the name and let it appear on screen...

I keep Brightness Unlinked, and TXT Manager running in the dashboard. I just don't want to run into that "too many open cards" (memory) error message... BTW- Brightness Unlinked as a very nice "close prevention" mechanism when running in the dashboard.

Yes, I'm also waiting for the Promised Land, er, I mean 1.2 update/speed increases...

I can live with it, I guess. Always seeking knowledge...

Once again - Thanks Very Much!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Westmar,
    Thanks for figuring that out. When you say turn off your phone , you are just turning off the screen with the power button and then turning it back on again, right? (I was going to suggest a full restart, but hopefully you've found the solution)
    My pleasure, worthb. Actually, it IS a FULL restart that's required.

You're welcome, too, fritzk3. Glad it worked for you, too, and wasn't just a lucky fluke for me.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast