Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Well, I will never take away the current implementation of launchpoints that open the phone, email and messaging directly. How else could I claim that there is no faster way to dial, email or text?

I do think, though, that a usage model that provides a choice would appeal to many that currently choose not to use LaunchPoint. That's why it will be an option for each launchpoint created. You will have the option to create direct launchpoints or a combined launchpoint. Best of both worlds.
    The current mode of operation is great, but I'd also like to see the option for a multifunction shortcut.

Thanks!

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I keep getting unknown when I use the SMS launch. I double checked the link and deleted / reinstalled it.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    I keep getting unknown when I use the SMS launch. I double checked the link and deleted / reinstalled it.

Any suggestions?
    ospreyguy,
    I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I have not seen this issue before. Is the sms launchpoint linked to a mobile number or an email address? If a mobile number, do you already have an established conversation with this person in the messaging app? If you go into the contacts app and open this contact, and click the "sms" button, does that work correctly?
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Great application one suggestion when making numbers to dial the name that appears on the launcher should be the one listed in the contact. Rather than just the contact name it should say the contact name and which phone number it is. Cell, home, work, ect.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avatarz View Post
    Great application one suggestion when making numbers to dial the name that appears on the launcher should be the one listed in the contact. Rather than just the contact name it should say the contact name and which phone number it is. Cell, home, work, ect.
    It's a tough call because a lot of people want less displayed - they take off the last name and just display the first name or a nick name. Anything else I add is just more that has to be deleted. Others may want it to say ' DIAL' at the end like the email and sms links which have ' EMAIL' and ' SMS' appended. I may add an option for that. I don't think I could add anything else by default that would please the majority of people.

That's the reason I make the title field editable, so that you can make it display however you like. Do I need to make it more apparent that it is an editable value? I could possibly have a user preference to automatically append the number type (home, mobile, work etc.) but I don't want to clutter things up with too many options. Maybe in the drop-down menu under preferences. I'll look into it and see what I can do.
    Does anyone know how to delete an icon that was created in launchPoint? For instance; I have created a shurtcut for a friend that I no longer have contact with, how do I erase it??
    ^^orange button + tap icon
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    ^^orange button + tap icon
    Thank you so much. It was a big help
    Great app. Thanks! Might be a good idea to include instructions for deletion right in the readme.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    one other thing, you should slightly round the corners of the icon pictures to give it a more polished look. check out the icons for accuweather, pandora, or yelp to get an idea of how much to round the corners.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I like this app. Still waiting for way to set up group texting. or is it possible now and I am not doing it right.
    I love this app - use it and I really enjoy it

Thx
    When I try to add a SMS link for someone that has many numbers under his contact info, it doesn't allow me to scroll up or down. I wasn't able to select his mobile for SMS because it's outside of the screen.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jyfan1 View Post
    When I try to add a SMS link for someone that has many numbers under his contact info, it doesn't allow me to scroll up or down. I wasn't able to select his mobile for SMS because it's outside of the screen.
    jyfan1,
    Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to address this in the next update. I am working on a redesign of the number selection, so this should be resolved with the planned changes.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Having read several posts, i needed to tell you I had all my launchpoint icons go to the default moon icon on Sunday 9-13-09 with the current version loaded. the links still worked fine. I had 2 on my quick launch bar and 3 on the regular menu. all flipped. I deleted them and recreated links and all appears fine now.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dntlamb0626 View Post
    Having read several posts, i needed to tell you I had all my launchpoint icons go to the default moon icon on Sunday 9-13-09 with the current version loaded. the links still worked fine. I had 2 on my quick launch bar and 3 on the regular menu. all flipped. I deleted them and recreated links and all appears fine now.
    I have had a few reports of this. Unfortunately, launchpoints are created with a link to a contact photo that is stored on the device as an image file. If the contact photo is deleted or renamed (by the built-in Contacts app), the launchpoint is now pointing to a non-existent file. This same issue also affects other programs that use contact photos. The SDK does not give developers the tools needed yet to re-sync the updated images when they change, but I am hoping a future update will enable this.

Just to help me determine what is causing this, did this coincide with the phone rebooting or with the adding or deleting of a contact profile (deleting your Facebook or Google profile, etc)?

I'm looking at the possibility of creating dedicated images that would not be linked to the contacts app. The advantage is that I could apply effects like rounded corners and overlay small icons in the image corner that would indicate the type of launchpoint (phone icon, email etc). The only problem is that when you delete a launchpoint from the launcher, the image would remain on your device, and over time you could accumulate a large number of these "stale" images. With the limited space already an issue, I'm not sure I want to contribute to that problem. I could create the images on the external media partition but then they would possibly clutter up the photos app, etc.
    Last edited by worthb; 09/14/2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Nice update!!

Love the popup feature.

Thanks for a great app.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    None of my SMS links work. They are all mobile numbers with established SMS conversations. All of them work when going through the normal contact and clicking SMS. When I click on the SMS link, I get a white screen. In the top left corner, it does say messaging, but clicking on it does nothing. The phone links all work fine.

EDIT: Actually, I think my problem is with a tweak I did, and not with your program. Once I get that figured out, I think everything'll work fine.
    Last edited by Affirmed; 09/16/2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvr View Post
    Nice update!!

Love the popup feature.

Thanks for a great app.
    That was quick! I didn't even get a chance to post about the new version.

NEW! Popup launchpoints - Dial, email and text all from a single launchpoint! This new feature in version 0.7.1 allows you to create a launchpoint which brings up a popup menu with choices to dial, email and text. You still have the option of creating dedicated launchpoints as well. Please try the new version and let me know what you think.
    Popup is a nice addition, I may start using this over the built in pre feature now, Thanks
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast