Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Sparkyr,
    So I have been working on an "enhanced" launchpoint. It would allow launchpoints that have much greater flexibility such as what you describe.

I like your idea about the dialog popping up, but I think what would make that really work well would be a timeout that could be user defined, 2-3 seconds or so, after which the default method would be initiated. So, I could set "dial" as default for a contact, but also define an sms number and an email address. When I tap that contact and the dialog pops up, with the dial showing as default, i have 2 seconds to select email or sms otherwise it dials. I have some people I hardly ever call but I sms a lot. I could set their default method to sms, but also define a phone number and an email address. Some people may choose to have no timeout, so they are forced to make a choice before anything happens.

For me, when I'm walking or driving, using my bluetooth, and need to make a call, I only want to look at and tap my phone once to dial somebody but I wouldn't mind a couple of extra seconds as long as it doesn't require any more of my attention.

I'll have to experiment and see how this works. Thanks again for the inspiration.

As for contact photo updating, this is a limitation in the SDK currently, but myself and other developers are pushing Palm for a solution to this issue.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    I have confirmed an issue with version 1.0.1 when creating sms launchpoints for contacts that don't have an email address assigned. Thank you to genEric122 for catching this so quickly.

I have reverted the repository to version 1.0.0 until I can get this issue resolved. New version should be posted soon.
    Sorry I have been busy and didn't respond to your question about the bug, but damn you figured that out quick, and the ones that work did have email. Nice work
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I like the idea of having a timeout on the pop-up. That would give users the ability of maintaining the same functionality you have now (by having a zero timeout), no-timeout, or somewhere in between.

The reason I mentioned using the notification area slide-up (if possible) is that it seems to respond very quickly which is what I love about you current application. If the pop up window is actually launching a program which pops up a window it might not seem as responsive. Plus, the notification area slide-up method would appear native to webOS.
    This app is great! Thank you for creating it. I'm really looking forward to the group email/sms feature!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Version 1.1.2 has been released. SMS / email issue has been resolved. Thanks to genEric122 for discovering the issue. Again, please post feedback to this forum.
    Unfortunately, I am still getting the moon icon for any of my contacts that do not have facebook as their main account photo. All contacts that I use facebook as their main photo has that photo transfer to LaunchPad.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    "Unfortunately, I am still getting the moon icon for any of my contacts that do not have facebook as their main account photo. All contacts that I use facebook as their main photo has that photo transfer to LaunchPad."

Same thing for me...love the program, but this is a deal breaker as most of my contact are pulled from my exchange server.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigfink View Post
    "Unfortunately, I am still getting the moon icon for any of my contacts that do not have facebook as their main account photo. All contacts that I use facebook as their main photo has that photo transfer to LaunchPad."

Same thing for me...love the program, but this is a deal breaker as most of my contact are pulled from my exchange server.
    PreFix and nigfink (and any others with the same issue),
    This issue will be my top priority until it is resolved. This release did fix some issues with contact photos, as verified by one of my private testers, but there must be another issue that you are both experiencing.

As much information as you can provide will be helpful. Are these contacts with a single profile or with multiple profiles linked together? Does this occur for contacts where you assigned a photo manually or only where the photo came from exchange server or another source? PreFix, are your contacts coming from exchange as well, or are any from google or your palm profile?

I will attempt to replicate this, but I do not have access to an exchange server account. If necessary, I would like to send either or both of you a special .ipk file that would give me debugging info. Please let me know if you would be willing to do this. It would be later this evening before I would have a chance to get that to you.

Any user interface issues? I'm still not satisfied with the interface, but hopefully it's improving. (I'm more of a programmer than a designer)
    Installed this today, works great. Using this in combination with the tweek to add additional launcher pages is great. My first page is now all speed dials, which is perfect.

FYI - The 3 contacts I added that don't have pictures default to the Rocket icon (which is fine).

Great app, thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This only seems to be happening with people have ONLY have an exchange profile. I only use exchange and facebook.

Contacts that have both, the picture is fine.
    Contacts w/ just facebook the picture is fine.
    Contact w/ just exchange, the picture is the moon.

I don't have any contacts that have a picture assigned manually, as all my contacts get pushed back to my exchange server. If I use quickcontact their pictures show up correctly, so whatever that developer is doing to pull the images is working.

Hope this helps. I would be willing to help debug the software too; I would love to have it working correctly. Please email me with more info on that; I'll pm you my email. Thanks.
    worth...

definately send me the .ipk. i love your app and would be happy to help. here's a bit more info. ALL of my contacts have multiple profiles. MOST have exchange, gmail and facebook. now i did a little testing on my own, and this is what i discovered:

for my wife, i use gmail as the primary profile. that has a picture that i took with the pre. when i use LaunchPad, i get the moon icon. BUT, when i change her primary account to facebook, which has a different picture, and use LaunchPad her facebook picture does transfer over.

my brother has linked profiles of exhange, gmail and facebook. gmail is the primary. he has no assigned pictures except for facebook. even though facebook is not the primary, his photo still transfers over because there is no other photo option.

So, to conclude my ridiculously long hypothesis, I believe that right now the only way to get photos to work is if they are from facebook. this means if you have a contact with multiple profiles and different photos for each profile, you will have to make facebook the primary profile in order to see that photo thru LaunchPad. if you have multiple profiles, but only a photo from facebook, it does not matter if facebook is the primary. basically, the way your linked profiles are ordered will determine how this works. any profile with a photo that is on top of facebook will not work. as long as facebook is the first profile with a photo, you will see that photo.

does everyone follow? if so, i would love to see some other testers.
    Last edited by PreFix; 09/04/2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    PreFix,
    Thanks for the additional info. I will do some testing tonight and see what I come up with. It sounds like you were able to confirm the problem with just a gmail and facebook account linked together, so I should be able to replicate that. If I need help I'll definitely send you a .ipk to try. On another note:

Important Announcement! It looks like LaunchPad will be changing it's name to LaunchPoint! I hate to give up the name, but don't want to cause problems with a similar program on another smartphone platform. Anyway, I would love for feedback on the new name. I feel it is similar in appearance (which will hopefully avoid much confusion) and conveys the functionality of the program as well as the old name. What do you all think?

Input Needed: What about the rocket icon? Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion for something new to go with the new name? I would even be willing to pay somebody for a design if it really knocks my socks off.

Thanks again for your support.

-Bryan
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Maybe some kind of crosshair or target for the icon?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Or maybe a finger tapping a crosshair or target?
    LaunchPad is a good name, I like it.

The icon could use some work, it seems a little cartoony for something this ... "productive" and not a silly game.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Version 1.1.3 has been released. Those having problems with missing photos, please give this another try. I'm pretty sure I have it nailed down.

New icon, thanks to sdmeier. It's still a work in progress, but I already like it enough to start using it.

Next release will be under the LaunchPoint name. It will probably not show up as an update, but will install alongside LaunchPad. Once you have LaunchPoint installed, you can simply delete LaunchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Version 1.1.3 has been released. Those having problems with missing photos, please give this another try. I'm pretty sure I have it nailed down.

New icon, thanks to sdmeier. It's still a work in progress, but I already like it enough to start using it.

Next release will be under the LaunchPoint name. It will probably not show up as an update, but will install alongside LaunchPad. Once you have LaunchPoint installed, you can simply delete LaunchPad.
    OK...it appears as though the only issue remaining is that if I have a photo associated with Exchange and Exchange is my primary profile, I get the moon icon. Otherwise, my google photos now work.

And I really like the new name and icon. Great work.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    PreFix,
    I'm glad to hear that at least I fixed something I was able to duplicate the google issue and fix that. Now, as for the remaining issue:

Just to be sure, you are running webOS version 1.1, right?

Exchange is the one thing I can't test directly so let me whip up a debugging .ipk and get that to you. Did you pm your email address to me? If not, please do so.
    I've added an extra launch page and posted all of my launchpoints on there. it is way faster and more organized than trying to open the SMS or Phone app. thanks!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    I've added an extra launch page and posted all of my launchpoints on there. it is way faster and more organized than trying to open the SMS or Phone app. thanks!
    I've done the same. Great app!
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast