Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goku1485 View Post
    If uninstalled it keeps the launch shortcuts and I cannot remove it!!!
    Hold the orange button and then tap on the launcher you want to delete. This has been covered in the opening post!
    I like the app, however, just recently after rebooting my pre, all the picture icons were replaced with moon icons. I've tried deleting the shorcuts and recreating them and also deleting the contacts and recreating them. any ides?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Jebsterino,
    I am releasing version 1.0.1 later tonight which I'm hoping will resolve the image problems you and others have been experiencing. If you could please follow up and let me know if it it helped or not. Thanks.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    How do i erase an icon i have created on the launcher screen, i have tried everything and i just dont know how
    What Orange Button
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    On the keyboard, just to the left of "Z"
    thanks dude
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    LaunchPad version 1.0.1 has been released. Please post any feedback/issues here.

Please read notes in original post of this thread concerning upcoming changes to LaunchPad as I prepare for inclusion in the official App Catalog. These will include a name change and version number changes. As much as I hate to change the name, I am excited about the future of LaunchPad (or whatever we end up calling it). Thanks to all for your support.
    When adding new sms launchpoints with the new version it is hanging on the white screen after I choose a contact... I can get some to work but others won't? And trying to swipe back when it is stuck minimizes the program, so I have to close it and start over... The same ones work every time (I found 3 that work) and the others consistently don't.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    genEric122,
    This may be related to the new capability of using email addresses for sms. Could you check the ones that don't work and see whether they have email addresses or not?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I have confirmed an issue with version 1.0.1 when creating sms launchpoints for contacts that don't have an email address assigned. Thank you to genEric122 for catching this so quickly.

I have reverted the repository to version 1.0.0 until I can get this issue resolved. New version should be posted soon.
    Last edited by worthb; 09/03/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Fantastic! I email myself all the time; this will for sure save me a lot of time!

FEATURE REQUEST: Could we have the 'Subject' field have focus when composing a new email?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    ........FEATURE REQUEST: Could we have the 'Subject' field have focus when composing a new email?

Thanks!
    Sammyc53,
    As much as I would like to be able to provide such a feature, when you click an email launchpoint, you are calling up the webOS email app, and Palm would have to change the way the email app responds to allow the desired behavior. Right now the service call I use to create an email does not have such control. You could submit a feature request to Palm, though.
    I really like this app, but don't want to scroll much in order to find the contacts, etc. IMO if someone comes out with a way to create another page in the Pre main launcher screens, the value of this app will skyrocket...

Great work so far....
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Check back earlier in this thread for posts concerning webOS QuickInstaller. It has a tweak that lets you increase the number of launcher pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Check back earlier in this thread for posts concerning webOS QuickInstaller. It has a tweak that lets you increase the number of launcher pages.
    +1

I now have a launcher page designated solely for SMS Launches. I also recommend adding the tweak for 4x4 icons. Makes SMS very simple.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    LaunchPad users,
    I invite you to participate in this thread concerning the upcoming name change. Thanks again for your support.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Nice program. I have icons steup to email myself at work and Gmail depending on what I'm sending.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    worthb, first of all thank you very much for your work on this. i almost love it completely but after playing it for a bit i feel that the management/organization of the various icons for one contact will be bit annoying. what i have found is that having 3 icons for one person i end up hitting "John SMS" icon instead of "John Dial". If I set all SMS icons on a launcher page and all Call numbers on a page it gets confusing as to which page I'm on as well.

The reason i hated using a launcher icon that went to the contact app is that for 99% of all my contacts I primarily use 1 phone # and 1 email address. so, it is really slow bringing up the contact app, finding the correct #, etc.

Organizationally and functionally, it would be more useful to me to have a contact icon, click on it, and sliding up from the Notification Area would be "Call", "SMS", "Email". The slide up from the notification area would work the same way as when you attempt to delete a program using the orange button and up slides "Delete" or "Done". Obviously, the call, sms, and email would be associated with the numbers you selected as your defaults.

This would require 2 (very quick) keystrokes instead of 1 but would save time flicking through additional launcher pages.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Another suggestion I have is to create 2 options in the main app. The first is "Update ALL Photos from Contacts" and "Update INDIVIDUAL Photo from Contacts". My contacts frequently change their photos and having the option to sync photos with my existing launchpoints would be very useful. Not sure if this is possible.
    Last edited by sparkyr; 09/03/2009 at 03:10 PM.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast