Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    any way to make a "shortcut" which is a launcher page? I have 6 pages now and scrolling through them is a bit annoying,
    Yeah, the launcher really sucks on the Pre. Not well thought out in my opinion. The old Palm OS stock launcher was better than this one. I'd like to see category tabs or some better way to organize the apps.

I'd also like to see more pages without having to root the Pre.
    This is by far my new favorite app.
    By far my new favorite app.
    Since the SMS application is faster than the email app, I like to send myself little SMS messages to my email.

Any way to make it so that I can do a shortcut that does that? Right now, when I choose SMS, it only lets me select phone numbers.

Thanks. Love the app!!
    Good job, thank you.

Add a request to make quick-launch web page bookmarks. Hey, 1 tap in stead of 5 is much nicer ;-)

thanks again
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Isn't this the exact same application as Quick Cut??
    His supports even more shortcuts.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...t-shortcut-app
    Does that program allow you to assign pictures to the shortcuts?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    This is a handy app. One question. How does one remove (delete) a contact from the launcher page if that is desired. I can't seem to figure this one out. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    Hold the orange button and then click on the icon.

I was going to come in this thread and complain that this app sucks unless there is a way to delete contacts. Now that I resolved my operator error, this app is great!! Thanks!
    awesome app
    I love it
    This is great, I figured out why my pictures wouldn't load. I needed to upload my hi res pictures. Keep up the great work, this way easier than when you had us looking for launchpoints etc..
    Love the app so far.

You description says you can even put a launchpoint on the wave bar, which I assume is the shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen that's up even when laucher isn't. I'd like to try that but can't see any option in the app to do it. How is that done? How is it undone if I don't like it?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This is great, I figured out why my pictures wouldn't load. I needed to upload my hi res pictures. Keep up the great work, this way easier than when you had us looking for launchpoints etc..
    Mamouton,
    It has been a thrill to see this transform from an awkward hack to a truly useful app. When I first started creating the launchpoints manually I saw how useful and flexible they could be. I was hoping simebody would take the info and do something with it, but I couldn't wait any longer so I experimented until I got it working. So much credit goes to the people at Palm. They have built a truly incredible foundation that is only going to get better.

Thanks to you and the others who helped me in the initial stages form a vision of what was possible. Thanks to all of the initial LaunchPad users for your support and patience, and for some great suggestions!

Things to look forward to in the near future:
    1. Ability to create a call history launchpoint. If I need to call somebody that's not one of my favorites, chances are they are in my recent call history. On my treo it was a single button but now I have to load the phone app, wait, and then hit the call log button. Not any more.

2. More options. Personally I love that a single tap initiates dialing immediately, but I know others like the safety of hitting the dial button in the phone app before a call is placed. Soon you will have the option when creating a dial link which dial method to use. I've never drunk dialed an ex girlfriend but I imagine it could cause trouble.

3. Program group links that will open up a launcher-like card with all games or all utilities etc.

4. Group text and email links. Assign a group of close friends to a link and text them all with a single tap. Or, update your twitter,facebook status and whatever other social networking site all with a single tap. Even post a photo to multiple online photo sites all from a single link.

5. Use email addresses for sms links.

Thanks to KnoxBNYC for # 5. There are many others I should mention. I will go back through the posts and give credit for suggestions as they are implemented. I have much more that I plan to do but i'm lying in bed typing this on my pre and I need to get some sleep.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdriver63 View Post
    Love the app so far.

You description says you can even put a launchpoint on the wave bar, which I assume is the shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen that's up even when laucher isn't. I'd like to try that but can't see any option in the app to do it. How is that done? How is it undone if I don't like it?
    I'm glad that you are enjoying LaunchPad. One of my design goals is not to replace native webOs functions but to simply enhance them. This is one of those things that's already a feature of the os. First make room on the shortcut bar by removing one of the icons. Tap-hold the icon you want to replace until you see a halo ripple around it and drag it up and drop it on your launcher page. (make sure launcher is open first). Then repeat tap-hold to drag new launchpoint down to the shortcut bar. You can also rearrange any icons and launchpoints this way. You can even drag launchpoints from one launcher page to another. This is how some people group all of their LaunchPad links on one page and put all their apps and utilities on the other pages.

Again, have fun transforming your phone and making it work the way you want!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    So, where can I add MY rating?? and Where can I send a Donation? I dont see either options on the link page for this nice app
    You can rate LaunchPad at the homebrew gallery page:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/launchpad

I'm looking into setting up a link for donations.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfougere View Post
    awesome app. This exactly what I've been looking for.

Here's a tip I found: after making a launchpad for someone (phone, text, e-mail) you can open the launchpad for them without even taking your hands off the keyboard. All you need to do is type part of the launchpad's title then hit enter.
    Thank you to jrfougere for bringing up the benefits of Universal Search as it pertains to LaunchPad. On my treo, I could always type "jd" to find John Doe but on the pre if I type "jd" I have to tap Johns name, and then it would show his phone number(s) and email address and then when I selected a number it would dial. With launchpoints like "John Doe", "John Doe email" and "John Doe sms", when I type "jd" is see three picture icons for John and can dial or text him immediately without additional keypresses or taps.

You can also start to type "email" or "sms" to see all of those types of launchpoints. I plan on making this an option based on personal preference. Please see original post on this thread for discussion of upcoming features.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks! This is a feature I've missed after leaving my Treo
    I don't get it. When I have a contact card up, all I have to do is tap the top left corner of the screen and I get the option ADD TO LAUNCHER. Form there I can drag my new quick lauching contact to o why do I need this exta app?
    I dont' get it. When I have a contacts card up, all I have to do is tap the top left corner and I get the option ADD TO LAUNCHER. I can even take ths quick launching contact and add it to my "wave" bar. All done without this app installed. So why would I need this?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    could you please add the ability to have multiple contacts added to the same icon for sms messages. this could fix my need for text groups.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp My Pre View Post
    I don't get it. When I have a contact card up, all I have to do is tap the top left corner of the screen and I get the option ADD TO LAUNCHER. Form there I can drag my new quick lauching contact to o why do I need this exta app?
    Pimp My Pre,
    Both the web browser and the contacts app have the "add to launcher" menu option. However, the launchpoint created from the contacts app opens to the contacts app when clicked. When driving and using my pre mounted on my touchstone (with my bluetooth handsfree of course), I want to click an icon and have it dial immediately. I don't want to open the contacts app first and then click on the number I want to dial. Same thing with email and sms links. They open the email and messaging app directly without going through the contacts app first. Those of us coming from the treo phones are just used to a minimal amount of clicks/taps to accomplish a task, especially when using the phone one-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    could you please add the ability to have multiple contacts added to the same icon for sms messages. this could fix my need for text groups.
    kdogokc,
    If you check one of my recent posts, or the recently updated op, you'll see that group sms and email launchpoints are on the list of "coming soon" features. I've seen a lot of interest for group sms support in this and many other threads and I think it will be a great addition to LaunchPad.
    When I add an SMS launchpoint for a person, it takes me to the messaging app, as expected. But for sending an SMS to add an event to the Google calendar, it doesn't work. I first have to create a new contact called, say, Google Event, so the launchpoint can be created, but then tapping on the icon doesn't actually initiate an SMS. I'm assuming that this is because the Pre's contact app also fails to initiate an SMS with this number. Any way to set up an SMS to a particular number without having to set up a contact first?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast