Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    This is cleared up by restarting your phone. After restarting, you will be able to delete launchpoints and should not see this issue again. To restart your phone, press "Orange Key" + "SYM" + "R".
    I am not able to delete contacts from the launcher pages. Even after a restart, I can't delete contacts. I'll try re-starting again and let everyone know if it works or not.
    congrats, brian!

so great to see launchpoint in the app catalog!!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    congrats, brian!

so great to see launchpoint in the app catalog!!!
    PreFix,
    Thank YOU to one of my premier beta testers!

Well folks, it's official. LaunchPoint Speed Dial is now available via the Palm App Catalog.

If you are using the current homebrew version, don't expect anything new with the app catalog release. The submission process basically forces the developer to freeze the app at the time it is submitted, and only allows the developer to make the necessary changes required to comply with Palm's guidelines.

Big thanks to all who donated towards the development of LaunchPoint! We will be sending all donors a $4.00 "Thank You" return donation via PayPal, regardless of how much your initial donation was. Please accept this small token of our extreme gratitude.

I have updated the original post of this thread with information concerning how to purchase the app catalog version if you already have the homebrew version. Note, it is not necessary to upgrade to the paid version at this time, as both versions are very similar.

If you do purchase the paid version, we will certainly appreciate the support, as this will allow us to move forward with new features for LaunchPoint (as explained, we had to basically freeze development for the last 30 days). We are also looking at some new projects that we would like to pursue.

Please read over the updated original post, and then if you have any further questions, bring them here and we will be sure to answer them.

Thanks again to all who made this possible.

-worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    When I saw the message that you had sent me money, I didn't quite believe my eyes. Thanks! I'll buy the paid app soon; I have to get up the energy to delete and remake all of my launchpoints. (I understand why I have to do it, it's just going to be a pain.)

UPDATE: Bought and reviewed it. Even if you have the HB, buy the app from the catalog. It's cheap! And the developer deserves the recognition; graduating from HB is not enough. (Really, the app catalog has some dogs in it. Making it into the catalog is no seal of excellence.)
    Last edited by cas_esq; 10/17/2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @worthb - Congratulations! Bought your app from the App Catalog.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Great Application! Purchased it on app catalog. I have one request. With the popup option you have a choice to "dial" or select "all", I think this "all" option would be nice for the "email" also.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Great Application! Purchased it on app catalog. I have one request. With the popup option you have a choice to "dial" or select "all", I think this "all" option would be nice for the "email" also.
    pjjohn73,
    Glad to hear you are finding launchpoint useful. The feature you have requested is already in place for the next update. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for the purchase.
    What I need is a combination of Launchpoint and Quick Text apps. I'm handicapped by muscular dystrophy, which severely affects my speech, so I could use a one button system on my Palm Pre to text a family member, friend, or neighbor for help. A pre-written text assigned to a phone number, both easily edited. I could have one buton for "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!", another button for "I need the police at (my address or location)", another for "I need an ambulance at (my address or location)". This would help my personal independence and I'm sure a lot of senior citizens too.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camojoe63 View Post
    What I need is a combination of Launchpoint and Quick Text apps. I'm handicapped by muscular dystrophy, which severely affects my speech, so I could use a one button system on my Palm Pre to text a family member, friend, or neighbor for help. A pre-written text assigned to a phone number, both easily edited. I could have one buton for "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!", another button for "I need the police at (my address or location)", another for "I need an ambulance at (my address or location)". This would help my personal independence and I'm sure a lot of senior citizens too.
    camojoe63,
    Intersting idea. I'll have to give it some thought as to how well it would incorporate into LaunchPoint. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by camojoe63 View Post
    That's a really interesting idea. I think it would be also be useful for those of us without such disabilities. For example, if I'm going to be late for a meeting (which happens all too often) I could have a preconfigured SMS to send to my assistant. Or an SMS to my wife to tell her I'm on my way home.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    That's a really interesting idea. I think it would be also be useful for those of us without such disabilities. For example, if I'm going to be late for a meeting (which happens all too often) I could have a preconfigured SMS to send to my assistant. Or an SMS to my wife to tell her I'm on my way home.
    Dr.Grace,
    Thanks for your input. I've been thinking this through all afternoon. I see a couple of possibilities:

1) Dedicated auto-text launchpoints. Created by selecting a new button that I would add in addition to the current "DIAL", "EMAIL", "SMS", and "POPUP" buttons. I guess that the user would first need to select a method, either email or sms. The user would then select a contact, after which they would choose the appropriate email address or sms number.

The user could then have a large scrolling list of auto-text choices, "I've fallen and can't get up", "I'm running late", "I'm on my way home", "Please call me","Where are you" etc. The user could put check-marks on each item they want available, and could create new custom items. If only a single text item is checked, the launchpoint would be single-tap, otherwise upon tapping the launchpoint, the user would see the items they had checked from the list, and could choose the item to send.

2) Auto-text button on popup screen, next to SMS (TEXT) button labeled "AUTO". See screenshot here:
    Again, when creating the launchpoint, you could choose/edit the auto-text choices to be presented when you click the "AUTO" button.

NOTE:
    There are a couple of issues that affect either of the choices above:

A) It is not possible with the current SDK to send an email or text directly. I can send the user to the email or messaging app, with the chosen recipient selected and the body of the message filled in from the selected auto-text entry, but the user would have to hit the send button. On the one hand, this may be desired to prevent "false-alarms" if the message is an emergency message. On the other hand, it prevents a single tap solution that may be needed in a true emergency. I could possibly get around this by having the launchpoint communicate directly with a server that would then relay the appropriate email or text message, but I don't know if I want to take on that responsibility, especially if this is intended for emergencies (what if my server is down, and an emergency message doesn't go through. Am I now liable?)

B) I don't know if emergency response centers are equipped to accept email or text messages the same way they accept 911 emergency calls, so the recipient may need to be a friend or neighbor. In that case, there is no fallback if they are not available or do not receive the message.

It may be that the best way to handle this is to just develop it as a general use "auto-text" option, and if anybody chooses to use it for emergency use, they would do so at their own risk with the above mentioned limitations.

I know this was a long post, but please respond with your thoughts.
    I think the first method you describe under (A) would be OK, as it would only require an extra tap that would act as a confirmation that you really want to send the SMS. Maybe in CamoJoe's case, he'd want a single tap method. But as you say, that would lend itself to false alarms, which could easily happen with the Pre's launcher.

I agree that an emergency SMS should normally be sent to a friend or family member, rather than police, and there's no guarantee they'd get it. But it would really be up to the user to set up an emergency network. You should have no liability in this case.
    To worthb & Dr.Grace,

Thank you both for discussing my post and your consideration of the Launchpoint HELP! ideas.

camojoe63
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Just bought the app and I love it.

Is there any chance that on the launch point email that the cursor could start in the subject instead of the body of the email? At least the option?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Just bought the app and I love it.

Is there any chance that on the launch point email that the cursor could start in the subject instead of the body of the email? At least the option?
    waddle,
    Sorry, but all I can do is pass a message to the email app, telling it to open a new message. I have no control over what happens in the email app once it opens.
    Since this app is no longer available for homebrew, how can I get this app as a pre user under bell in Canada?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by watchalong View Post
    Since this app is no longer available for homebrew, how can I get this app as a pre user under bell in Canada?
    watchalong,
    Hopefully Palm will get the app catalog for paid apps working for Canada soon (as well as the UK, Germany, Spain, Mexico and all the other markets they are opening). The developer agreement states that we are not allowed to provide a free version that is the same as the paid version available through the app catalog. That is the reason the homebrew version is no longer available. That also means that I can not provide a free version through the app catalog unless it is significantly different.

I could release a "lite" version for all non US users, though I haven't really decided the best way to allow users of a lite version to experience the benefits of LaunchPoint and yet provide enough incentive for them to upgrade to a paid version when it becomes available. If anybody has suggestions, I would certainly be open to them.

I may be releasing a "beta" version that would be a preview of upcoming enhancements to the paid version. If I do this it would be a private beta. What I may do is limit the beta to those who have participated in this forum discussion. If I do this I would be sure to invite you.
    I have said this before and will say it again. I LOVE THIS APP!

Its really the ONLY APP that I actually USE EVERY SINGLE day. Its the most convenient, easiest, well organized app I have on my Pre.

I also was blown away by the $4.00 give back gift. I turned right around and deleted the Homebrew and went to the App Catelog and gave back a mere 99 cents and bought the official one!

GREAT work Bryan, for a REAL App, thats not only cutesy fun, but REAL WORLD FUNCTIONAL!

LOVE IT!

Diane
    Thanks for your continued development! This was my first purchase from the app catalog and it was well worth the wait!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarustx View Post
    Thanks for your continued development! This was my first purchase from the app catalog and it was well worth the wait!
    lazarustx,
    Thank you. I'm glad you are finding LaunchPoint useful.

Special Request:
    To anyone who has purchased LaunchPoint from the app catalog, please take a moment to return to the app catalog and write a short review and give a star rating. We priced LaunchPoint as cheap as we could, and have never begged for donations. We never crippled the homebrew version to force users to upgrade to the paid version. If you would like to help support our efforts, this is all we ask.

p.s. When writing a review, please be sure to click the stars to give a rating, otherwise it shows up as 0 stars, which really kills our average.