Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Knox,
    I think I removed it to keep from complicating the interface and confusing users. I think too it was causing problems when some contacts had too many numbers and email addresses and they all would not fit on the screen. I think I have changed the UI so that may not be an issue any more.

Really the option is not missing, but now it only works for a contact with an email address and no phone numbers, so you can create a contact with just an email address if you need it. I've given some thought to adding the option back but was waiting to see (a) if there was demand for it and (b) if there is a way to do so without cluttering things up or confusing new users.
    Okay. Thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you are seeing here. I don't think we have seen this issue before. Have you tried deleting the launchpoint and recreating it?
    I have recreated with the same at least three times. It seems to only pull the first phone number listed from the pull down, regardless of what is selected when setting up the 'pop up' option. The interesting part is, that even though the contact I'm having the app send texts to is a secondary number (and added last), it is still listed first.

Just to reiterate the problem I'm seeing is only on SMS. With multiple numbers and emails, the other two selections are working as expected.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I have recreated with the same at least three times. It seems to only pull the first phone number listed from the pull down, regardless of what is selected when setting up the 'pop up' option. The interesting part is, that even though the contact I'm having the app send texts to is a secondary number (and added last), it is still listed first.

Just to reiterate the problem I'm seeing is only on SMS. With multiple numbers and emails, the other two selections are working as expected.
    Thanks for the followup. I'll see if I can duplicate the issue.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I have the 5x4 tweak installed and the labels for each launchpoint run into the next. Can you add the code for text wrap so that the labels are readable? If you go here, they have the code.
    cajunlibra,
    I went to the page you referenced.

I believe this code:
    .launcher_page .name
    left: 20px;
    width: 60px;

is the code that you would need to add to a stylesheet on your device to force the icon labels to wrap correctly. If you aren't sure where to make the change, maybe check with the developers of the tweak apps to see if they already have or could implement the code above to their tweaks.

There is nothing that LaunchPoint can do to override the behavior of the webOS launcher.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    hi I have the latest version and when I create a sms launchpoint with a home and mobile # and I select the mobile, it pulls up messaging and defaults to the home #. I cannotget it to default to the mobile upon opening. I have uninstalled and re installed, changed primary accounts, re organized the order of the #s in the account and it always defaults to the home #. Am I doing something wrong? I am selecting the mobile # but its not opening up with it selected.
    thanks mike
    PS I love the app and have a whole launch pad page dedicated to it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Love this App, makes using my Pre alot easier. Just One suggestion, anyway to add a group email/Text icon? That would kick ***. Thanks
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    hi I have the latest version and when I create a sms launchpoint with a home and mobile # and I select the mobile, it pulls up messaging and defaults to the home #. I cannotget it to default to the mobile upon opening. I have uninstalled and re installed, changed primary accounts, re organized the order of the #s in the account and it always defaults to the home #. Am I doing something wrong? I am selecting the mobile # but its not opening up with it selected.
    thanks mike
    PS I love the app and have a whole launch pad page dedicated to it.
    mikewardo and bigfire,
    Now we have 2 people seeing the same issue. I haven't been able to duplicate this yet, but I think I know what may be the cause and I have a possible solution and would like to try it out this evening. If either of you would be available to help, would you please PM me with your email address, so that I can email you a version to test?
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Any update?

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Any update?
    Working on it right now.
    Working on it right now.
    hopefully on multi-contact email and texting? that's the one feature i've been monitoring this thread for and the one feature that keeps me from using this app.
    Love the launch pad program, been using it since day one. I will donate in time or purchase.

My question is... Will the program except a .jpg as well as a .png as a picuure?? The reason I ask is, I use one of my launch pad contacts as one of my 5 quick launch icons. Recently I have made my phone, messaging, calendar, and quicklaunch button transparent. I want to also use a transparent png file as their contact pic, so in turn their launch pad button will also be transparent.
    Last edited by mracer29; 10/08/2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Great looking app - Thanks!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    It would be very cool to create launchpoints for web bookmarks. I have created web bookmarks for traffic cameras in my city, if I had a quicker way to get to them, it would be extremely nice.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    It would be very cool to create launchpoints for web bookmarks. I have created web bookmarks for traffic cameras in my city, if I had a quicker way to get to them, it would be extremely nice.
    The web app already allows for this. When you have the website open that you want to bookmark, open the system menu (top left) and select "add to launcher.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    The web app already allows for this. When you have the website open that you want to bookmark, open the system menu (top left) and select "add to launcher.
    Duh how did I miss that! Thanks for the tip. I LOVE launchpoint/pad.

FWIW, I deleted all my launchpoints and recreated them as popups. After accidentally dialing the same person twice (was in the center of the page), I decided to add a level of confirmation. Still much faster than the conventional way of dialing or using built in palm speedials which suck.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    worthb: do we have a fix for the SMS question yet? I would really like to add more icons, but since they don't work correctly, I find I am not using anyone that has more than one number listed in my profiles.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    worthb: do we have a fix for the SMS question yet? I would really like to add more icons, but since they don't work correctly, I find I am not using anyone that has more than one number listed in my profiles.
    bigfire,
    I'm sorry I have not gotten back to you regarding this issue. It appears that this is an issue that is affecting not only LaunchPoint, but also some of the other speed-dial type programs as well. We (the developers of these apps) are trying to get answers from Palm to determine what the cause of this issue may be. I have tried a number of workarounds, but so far have not been successful. I have yet another idea to try this evening, so may be looking for a guinea pig.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for supporting LaunchPoint.
    I cannot delete a contact on the launcher. I hold down the orange button and tap - press delete then press delete again to confirm - but it won't go away. I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and I still can't delete. How do I get rid of these contacts??
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blbalfay View Post
    I cannot delete a contact on the launcher. I hold down the orange button and tap - press delete then press delete again to confirm - but it won't go away. I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and I still can't delete. How do I get rid of these contacts??
    This is cleared up by restarting your phone. After restarting, you will be able to delete launchpoints and should not see this issue again. To restart your phone, press "Orange Key" + "SYM" + "R".
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    +1 for rounded corners.

Thanks, made small donation.