Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    worthb,

What do you think about the rounded corners?
    Cwgtex,
    I don't know how you managed to find those quotes but missed my replies. I have addressed this request more than once in this forum. Please search through the forum for my previous remarks.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Sorry, I missed your reply (not replies). I just re-read the previous 12 pages of this thread, and only found one response from you on this suggestion (pg 10).

Could you mention this as a "planned feature" in the original post? It might help someone else from re-suggesting this.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi - I'm also having problems with my sms launch eventually becoming "Unknown." Someone mentioned that it happens when that friend's number is on Facebook in the format xxx.xxx.xxxx. In my case, my friend does not have his number on Facebook and I have his nbr in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. However, after a few uses, it's still coming up as "Unknown." However, I had my friend's Facebook profile as my primary profile for him. I just switched the primary profile to my Google Contacts entry on him - I'm curious if that'll work better and prevent the "Unknown" problem. (Yeah yeah, that means I won't see my friend's current Facebook pic :-( )
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Scratch my last response (perhaps). After making my friend's Google Contacts entry the primary profile, I made sure all his nbrs were in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. But when I made a new Launchpoint sms app for my friend, his mobile nbr was appearing in the Launchpoint's selector as xxxxxxxxxx even tho his other numbers were in the correct (xxx) format. So, I went back to my Contacts entry on my friend and deleted his mobile number and re-wrote it. Now it's appearing correctly in Launchpoint's selector as (xxx). Let's see if that (also) works ...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Sorry, I missed your reply (not replies). I just re-read the previous 12 pages of this thread, and only found one response from you on this suggestion (pg 10).

Could you mention this as a "planned feature" in the original post? It might help someone else from re-suggesting this.
    cwgtex,
    I'm very sorry for the tone of my previous reply. I thought that I had addressed this more than once in the forum. Maybe one of the replies was a private message. Regardless, I realize that it can be very difficult to be certain if an issue has been addressed or not when these threads get as long as they do. I need to do a better job of keeping a good summary in the original post.

I do appreciate your suggestions and I agree that it would make the launchpoints better match the look and feel of the webOS system. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you to all who have contributed here in this forum as each of you have helped me to make LaunchPoint what it is.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    cwgtex,
    I'm very sorry for the tone of my previous reply. I thought that I had addressed this more than once in the forum. Maybe one of the replies was a private message. Regardless, I realize that it can be very difficult to be certain if an issue has been addressed or not when these threads get as long as they do. I need to do a better job of keeping a good summary in the original post.

I do appreciate your suggestions and I agree that it would make the launchpoints better match the look and feel of the webOS system. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you to all who have contributed here in this forum as each of you have helped me to make LaunchPoint what it is.
    No worries I just want to help make this program as good as it can be!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    This is an awesome app and I really like the new popup feature. One suggestion I have is to make the launching faster. It appears that when you click on an icon created by Launchpoint, the program has to verify the information before it presents it to you. I'm wondering if this information can be cached or indexed maybe, so that the buttons to dial, email, sms, etc. appear faster. From the time I tap an icon it takes nearly 3 seconds for me to see those options. That's a little long when you're trying to call someone. Maybe if the program updated those indexes anytime the Pre was rebooted???

Also, I'm wondering if the same checking can be done in case of changes to contacts. If I change a contact photo I have to create a new launchpoint. Maybe that information can be cross checked at boot.

Again, this is a fantastic app. Thanks for writing it. I have all my favorite contacts on the first pane of the launcher. I keep the launcher on the second pane so when I swipe up I see my programs then I swipe left to get my contacts. This makes dialing a contact by accident a non-issue.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    This is an awesome app and I really like the new popup feature. One suggestion I have is to make the launching faster. It appears that when you click on an icon created by Launchpoint, the program has to verify the information before it presents it to you. I'm wondering if this information can be cached or indexed maybe, so that the buttons to dial, email, sms, etc. appear faster. From the time I tap an icon it takes nearly 3 seconds for me to see those options. That's a little long when you're trying to call someone. Maybe if the program updated those indexes anytime the Pre was rebooted???

Also, I'm wondering if the same checking can be done in case of changes to contacts. If I change a contact photo I have to create a new launchpoint. Maybe that information can be cross checked at boot.

Again, this is a fantastic app. Thanks for writing it. I have all my favorite contacts on the first pane of the launcher. I keep the launcher on the second pane so when I swipe up I see my programs then I swipe left to get my contacts. This makes dialing a contact by accident a non-issue.
    htmanning,
    In fact, there is no verification or indexing going on. The launchpoint itself contains all of the information needed to display the popup (phone numbers, email addresses, auto-dial preferences, etc. ). This was done intentionally to eliminate any delays due to database lookup, etc.

The delay you see is just the overhead of the system in creating a new "stage" and "scene" to display the popup. Unfortunately, this delay was beyond my control as it was inherent in webOS itself. I had already optimized the startup to be as fast as possible.

The good news, though, is that the new webOS 1.2.0 release contains overall system speed improvements that definitely decrease this overhead. Now the popups display much faster than before. I find them to be much improved and I think everybody will appreciate the speedup.

Remember, too, that dedicated launchpoints (created with the dial, email, or sms button instead of the popup button) are instant. Again, with the improvements in 1.2.0, the dialer app is very responsive, so now using a dedicated dial launchpoint is nearly instantaneous, and is still by far the fastest way to call somebody.

So, everybody download 1.2.0 and give it a try. Come back here and share your observations. I have not noticed any issues using LaunchPoint with 1.2.0, but by all means, if you notice any problems let me know and I will address them right away.
    First let me say that you have created a awesome app! You are right when you say it is the fastest way to dial a number from your contacts.

On the launchpoints that have SMS and or Email also, it is nice to have the time delay dial feature.

I just did the WebOS 1.2.0 update and I'm sorry to say I didn't notice any change in the short lag when lauchpoints are activated. I had a easy clean install of 1.2.0 so I don't know where the problem would be.

But all that a side, I still use this app a lot and look forward to updates in the future.

Great job!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    First let me say that you have created a awesome app! You are right when you say it is the fastest way to dial a number from your contacts.

On the launchpoints that have SMS and or Email also, it is nice to have the time delay dial feature.

I just did the WebOS 1.2.0 update and I'm sorry to say I didn't notice any change in the short lag when lauchpoints are activated. I had a easy clean install of 1.2.0 so I don't know where the problem would be.

But all that a side, I still use this app a lot and look forward to updates in the future.

Great job!
    GregandTink,
    First, I'm glad that you find LaunchPoint useful.

As for the speed improvements (or lack thereof) there are two possibilities:

1) any speed improvements are wishful thinking on my part

2) there was a slight improvement but since I obsess over things so much it appears to me to be more of an improvement than it really is

Anyway, before the update, to me at least, the delay was an annoyance. After the update I find it to be bearable.

I would love to see the popups display even faster and will continue to optimize and look for ways to make that happen. Hopefully future webOS updates will also include more improvements.
    Hi there, I had the app before I had to get a new phone last week and loved it. I have re-installed Launch Point several times, trying to get it to work. When I select the person from the contact list, the next page which I believe should let me choose the number, it goes to a blank white page, causing me to close the app. What am I doing wrong? I really want to use this app again.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ByronG View Post
    Hi there, I had the app before I had to get a new phone last week and loved it. I have re-installed Launch Point several times, trying to get it to work. When I select the person from the contact list, the next page which I believe should let me choose the number, it goes to a blank white page, causing me to close the app. What am I doing wrong? I really want to use this app again.
    ByronG,
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I have a few questions for you:

1. Is this happening with all of your contacts or just a certain contact?

2. What type of launchpoint are your trying to create? Dial, email, sms, or popup? Have you tried to create any other types to see if they work?

3. Does the contact have at least (a) one or more phone numbers and (b) one or more email addresses?

4. Does the contact have a photo associated with their contact info? What is the source of their contact info? Facebook? Google? Do they have more than one linked contact sources?

OK, so it's a lot of questions, but the more info you can provide, the more I will be able to track down the issue. Thanks.
    ByronG,
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I have a few questions for you:

1. Is this happening with all of your contacts or just a certain contact?

2. What type of launchpoint are your trying to create? Dial, email, sms, or popup? Have you tried to create any other types to see if they work?

3. Does the contact have at least (a) one or more phone numbers and (b) one or more email addresses?

4. Does the contact have a photo associated with their contact info? What is the source of their contact info? Facebook? Google? Do they have more than one linked contact sources?

OK, so it's a lot of questions, but the more info you can provide, the more I will be able to track down the issue. Thanks.
    No problem for the questions,,,

1. I checked with several different contacts and the same thing occurs.

2. I tried each one, same result on the last page.

3. yes, most of my contacts have several numbers, however, for test sake I made a fake contact with only one telephone number, and still the same effect.

4. Until I performed the test I stated in number three (no photo used), Alot of my sources are linked from more than one source and several have pics from facebook, however, my moms contact photo is from internal photos.

Maybe its something with my phone if no one else has experienced this, they did give me a refurb. I have not performed the upgrade yet,,, I heard you cannot re-install file coaster and tether afterwards, so I am reluctant to erase those.

Thanks for your help with this, like I said, this is the most significant program I'd like to use on my Pre.

Byron
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ByronG View Post
    No problem for the questions,,,

1. I checked with several different contacts and the same thing occurs.

2. I tried each one, same result on the last page.

3. yes, most of my contacts have several numbers, however, for test sake I made a fake contact with only one telephone number, and still the same effect.

4. Until I performed the test I stated in number three (no photo used), Alot of my sources are linked from more than one source and several have pics from facebook, however, my moms contact photo is from internal photos.

Maybe its something with my phone if no one else has experienced this, they did give me a refurb. I have not performed the upgrade yet,,, I heard you cannot re-install file coaster and tether afterwards, so I am reluctant to erase those.

Thanks for your help with this, like I said, this is the most significant program I'd like to use on my Pre.

Byron
    Byron, It sounds like your issue may be related to an old version of webOS. Do you know what version you are running? I read somewhere (one of the main preCentral blog stories I think) that Palm is going to make it easier for people to downgrade to 1.1.0 if needed, so you should be able to find a webOS Doctor version that would get you to 1.1.0. With that version, you should have no problems with LaunchPoint or any of the other homebrew apps.
    Byron, It sounds like your issue may be related to an old version of webOS. Do you know what version you are running? I read somewhere (one of the main preCentral blog stories I think) that Palm is going to make it easier for people to downgrade to 1.1.0 if needed, so you should be able to find a webOS Doctor version that would get you to 1.1.0. With that version, you should have no problems with LaunchPoint or any of the other homebrew apps.
    I just checked the version, this phone has 1.0.2 on it,,,you would think since I just got it from Sprint as a replacement that it would have the latest version on it. I'll perform the upgrade and left you know... Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I seem to be having a broken link issue with this app. love the idea, the icons but unsure why this is happening: I have a contact with a mobile and work number, and have verified the appropriate number was selected to use for sending an SMS however it tries to send my texts to the work number (which is a landline, eek!)

Seems like there must be some type of call issue that needs to be fixed.....really hoping you can find something! I love this app for a quick launch!

Just verified also that the program works for dialing the correct number as well as email. The same contact has two emails so I was able to verify.
    Last edited by bigfire; 10/04/2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I seem to be having a broken link issue with this app. love the idea, the icons but unsure why this is happening: I have a contact with a mobile and work number, and have verified the appropriate number was selected to use for sending an SMS however it tries to send my texts to the work number (which is a landline, eek!)

Seems like there must be some type of call issue that needs to be fixed.....really hoping you can find something! I love this app for a quick launch!

Just verified also that the program works for dialing the correct number as well as email. The same contact has two emails so I was able to verify.
    I'm not sure what you are seeing here. I don't think we have seen this issue before. Have you tried deleting the launchpoint and recreating it?
    I'm curious....

Is there a reason you removed the SMS to email address option in LaunchPoint?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Knox

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    I'm curious....

Is there a reason you removed the SMS to email address option in LaunchPoint?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Knox

Knox,
    I think I removed it to keep from complicating the interface and confusing users. I think too it was causing problems when some contacts had too many numbers and email addresses and they all would not fit on the screen. I think I have changed the UI so that may not be an issue any more.

Really the option is not missing, but now it only works for a contact with an email address and no phone numbers, so you can create a contact with just an email address if you need it. I've given some thought to adding the option back but was waiting to see (a) if there was demand for it and (b) if there is a way to do so without cluttering things up or confusing new users.
    I have the 5x4 tweak installed and the labels for each launchpoint run into the next. Can you add the code for text wrap so that the labels are readable? If you go here, they have the code.